What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other Boys Toys

Very very nice Lee! Love the colour, and I'm a big fan of black rims too. I'm not up on BM's, what model is it?

The bulge on the bonnet and the air intakes look like it might be something quick..

Scared to ask whats the insurance would be on that bad boy. Bet you could buy a pin for it anyway.

Group 50 , I got the last one , the convertible m3 for 280 last year , fully comp , with the missus as a named driver , this one has raised it 50 pound for the rest of the term till July , so not to bad , you have got to shop around , they try and rip me off every year , I go on that meerkat thingy and I got a quote half the price with the same company I had been with , but they quoted me double the price by letter , so I told them about the quote and they said fine , yes we can do it for that ! If yr not prepared to look around , they will try and bump it up each year :mad:

Yep, car insurance has definitely gone down, even for performance cars.
Mine is under £500 fully comp even though I disclosed it had been modified to 600hp.

That is a great insurance quote there Steve. After the house move, my modified Golf is coming in at about £995 for a year. Previously, Admiral wouldn't quote for it as it had too many modifications. That was with full NCB, no claims, IAM membership, garaged and nice to my mother. It is either going to have to go this year or I remove the engine mapping, shame as it is set up quite nicely and I built up another turbo to drop in that we think might have made it nearly double the power over stock.

That GTR is just awesome looking, it makes me tingle. They obviously knew the market they were aiming for when they designed it.

Shaunyboy, lovely classic Ford there. Do you still have one?

Whoa, steady!:) I'm over 50 with max no claims bonus and limit my mileage to 5000 a year. It's on a multicar policy with Admiral.

View attachment 5114
Nice , Steve , never tried one , but I bet they are rapid !,
I,m with admiral multi car as well , they will try and shoot the quote up next year , just go online with go compare etc. and they will show admiral or elephant(same company) as the cheapest then go back to admiral and tell them about the online quote - as I said earlier they try it on every year :mad:

Nice car Pete, I fancy a passenger ride in that one someday.
The S2000 is a good car, using it as a daily is a bit harsh ;-).

I have a soft spot for German cars and the R8 is the only modern Audi I would own right now due to the image issue, I would probably still get a Porsche 911. :cool: If I had the money to own either, I would probably still own many cars and not spend it all on one. However, space to store, money to insure, tax and mot many vehicles is what is making me reduce my collection. Jan saw three MOT's, three vehicle tax and three insurance bills. Anyone want to buy my R1 ;)

TVR as a daily driver, you crack me up Pete but I am not falling for that old joke. :rofl:

Probably one of the AA's favourite customers ;)

Never heard that one before...! :rolleyes:

TBH it's not a great deal different than any other car when used regularly, except it's probably easier to collect speeding tickets if you're not careful! :)

Back
Top Bottom