What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other Boys Toys

I feel quite inadequate amongst all these flash cars

i'm with you!

Not a petrol head - my '02 1.9TDi Golf Estate is purely functional and gets used by the missus 95% of the time. Prefer to cycle and train everywhere as work pays for my travel.

But we owned this 1990 2.5D motorhome for several years and took it all over the UK, then around Europe for a 6month 'tour' in 2009 before we both turned 30 (generously given sabbaticals from work). Lived on £13 each per day budget from a pot we'd saved for years, but it was one of those experiences you never forget. Sadly sold it in Autumn last year for less than a Medieval Madness to pay for general home improvements, although it didn't deprecate in value during our 5 yrs of ownership.

IMG_0091.JPG

Sadly missed. It could do about 55mph with the wind behind it... but then what's the big rush?

Makes my mg zs look like an old skoda (before VAG) bought them lol

I had a ZS from new about 10 years ago. Really liked it - the roadholding was incredible. However, if you drove over a matchstick you would feel the bump. Sold it to my brother about 3 years ago who still has it - he loves it too.

I had a ZS from new about 10 years ago. Really liked it - the roadholding was incredible. However, if you drove over a matchstick you would feel the bump. Sold it to my brother about 3 years ago who still has it - he loves it too.

That's because of the uprated suspension true tho lol. Had mine since it was 2

My old ford puma was exactly the same... Went like on rails. The fact it was lowered 20mm and had sports suspension on it and 17" alloys meant that it could take 90degree bends at 40mph on a B road and stay on the right side :D Went thro bushes like mad tho, and felt every single bump....Miss that car :(

All gone now, but vx220's used to be my thing. Had a couple. Contemplating another one now! I'd have to sell the ducati first though!

Hmmm I have been looking at vx220 turbos on piston heads for a while, sounds an awesome bit of kit

s12.postimg.org_8xbjo68wt_My_Scirocco.jpg

Not as flash, but been my motor for four years and 100,000 miles+. 2.0 TDI 170 PS. Changing it on Monday for the Golf GT.

Steve, that Dodge Challenger is simply stunning !

Not cars, but these are some of the toys I used to collect before selling most to buy pinball machines:

s30.postimg.org_v8grb9kip_DSCF3870.jpg

Thank Steve. Ah yes, been through all the Roland JX's and a ton of others. Roland made some real gem's back in the day.

Bit like pins, these vintage synths have gone through the roof in value but as most things go, you sell toys to buy others. Only kept the Emulator II and a few other bits for the odd tinker....

Going back to cars, my goal would be a red Triumph Stag, manual with overdrive. Every summer I see them at the country fairs and shows and 'make plans' to make one a reality one day. Even the wife approves, so long as she can have the picnic basket on the chrome grille at the back... :rolleyes:

I have a 1970 early bay panel van, 71 fastback type 3, 69 beetle, 2x mk2 caddy vans, 2 mk1 golf cabriolets, 2 polo 6n's, 2 passats 05 & 01, 2 x polo mk 2 bread vans...

Think that's all we have now as we sold a few lately .,..

No worries !!!! I am Air cooled to the bone always had dubs always will !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a friend who use to get the hand signal wrong and do the metal hand sign, people would look at us.
I restored a MK2 but that was killed by a drunk driver, I now have a slightly modified MKIV 20VT that is set up to run 270 BHP but is dialled down to have 200BHP and oodles of torque. Aircooled are just getting too expensive, I do a few shows a year but the crowds is changing to big spenders and show cars that never see the road.
That was the first Beetle I ever saw, one lady owner who lived next to my Nan. She sold the car to me when she no longer wanted to take car of it for the price she paid in the 70's. It has not been restored, just loved and is adorned with as many period parts as I can find.

Our friend who took the picture says it wasn't touched up, the camera might have reacted to the light and colours to make them a little vibrant but it was a glorious day in a fantastic location.

Back
Top Bottom