What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show at Play Expo Manchester - 4th & 5th May

As in, you're arriving at 6.40pm Sat? I can give you my mobile number if you fancy the lock in. Then just give us a ring when you're here and for the princely sum of £5 or more (charity donation) I'll come to the front entrance and give you a wristband to come in.
Dropped you a PM.
Count me in for the lock in. I’ll get a later train home.
Just had permission off the Mrs to stay out late.
:rofl:

There is no free parking at this venue, but you've got a wealth of great transport options available. It's a stone's throw from Deansgate and Oxford Road stations. A 15 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly station. And a hop, skip and a jump from the metrolink station right near the entrance which connects to all over Manchester.

If you're determined to come by car (can you bring a pin too?!) then I'd suggest checking something like JustPark for your best options, mostly all of which are cheaper than the NCP car parks if you book in advance. Change the date/time as necessary.

Hotels are of course all over Manchester. You might want to consider staying on the outskirts where you can park for free and then ride the Metrolink in?

Can't wait for this one. Massive new venue right in the centre should make for a fantastic event!
@Wizcat what the nearest tram stop please

Last chance for our discounted and early entry tickets. We'll be closing sales on Thursday evening.

As well as access to the venue from 10am (1 hour ahead of door sales) you can also request entry to the VIP lock-in session on Saturday night (for a minimum £5 charity donation)

www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone - Discount code : MUNSTERS
@Wizcat what lock in? Can I sign up later? Any comps during lock in?

NLP Pinball is on the telly again - good job all :thumbs:

Hey, I'm on there as well, although its south for me coming from middle of Cumbria (though at least its near a mainline train station, albeit with bus replacement service this weekend).

Curious, is 176M a good score on Addams Family? - never played it before and got that on my second game just by getting skillshots at up to 5M a time (was on the table without the table number stuck over the end of the plunger lane which made it much easier), multiballs and keeping the ball in play. Only one of two tables I got to put my initials in (for third place), and that was early afternoon.

High scores on Addams vary enormously according to settings - tilt, extra ball, swamp kickout, backhand ramp shot achievability ...

Avg UK pinball league score is 70m
Record UK pinball league score is 670m

Imho

Touring the mansion once = good score
Touring twice = very good score

Hey, I'm on there as well, although its south for me coming from middle of Cumbria (though at least its near a mainline train station, albeit with bus replacement service this weekend).

Curious, is 176M a good score on Addams Family? - never played it before and got that on my second game just by getting skillshots at up to 5M a time (was on the table without the table number stuck over the end of the plunger lane which made it much easier), multiballs and keeping the ball in play. Only one of two tables I got to put my initials in (for third place), and that was early afternoon.

Yeah it’s decent but as with everything depends on the game settings and how hard the game is setup.

Yeah it’s decent but as with everything depends on the game settings and how hard the game is setup.

I managed 70 mil twice last night on
The LE version of the game not easy to attain

Loved the old 1960 and 70s pins

I’m getting somewhere with scoring becoming more consistent on games such as bride of pinbit robocop etc... I still struggle with high speed that’s a fast game!

Metallica was a good if very different game reminds me of ac/dc but with better missions and goals.

@Matt Vince any thoughts on this years show in Manchester from you? I thought it’s a big improvement over the London one as though crowded didn’t feel chaotic.

Sorry Ben but 70m is terrible if that guy who has never played it got over 100m!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it’s the taf with the standard display then that’s mine and set to extra ball for replay and replay level 2 so pretty easy any one smashed my gc on my tz yet ?

Its the one next to the Twilight Zone, so I expect that's a yes.

Do most of the machines (excluding those that don't store scores at all) have a top 5 for the weekend at these types of events? Got into pinball last year through digital pinball (FX3 & TPA) so never quite sure how actual pinball tables store scores - can't upload them into the Steam cloud that's for sure!

Had a ball at play expo Manchester - thank you to nlp guys for helping us set up and break down so smoothly and looking after us over weekend . Colin will eventually recover from the prank Mark ! [emoji3]. Liked the new venue and hotel being close , Star Wars line up , tombola prizes ( well done Steve ) and the machines all been kept running all weekend .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, really was a good event and was so impressed how the NLP guys kept it going.
So are they doing Play Blackpool in October?

Just got home from Play Expo, a great weekend! It was great to catch up with everyone, special thanks to Chris and Nigel for helping pack up my games.
@Matt Vince was good to see you too - perhaps next year bring the whole family! They will love expo! It’s returning to Manchester next year.

Cracking do thanks for having us, even got Andy from Worksop coming over this week for a bot of 1 to 1 EM fault finding, just as well seeing as Wizard is acting up :). Hey i heard tell that someone from one of the Indiana Films was about... Next year Benny from Cross Roads please :cool:

Back
Top Bottom