What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show at Play Expo Manchester - 4th & 5th May

Northern Lights

Registered
We are proud to announce that Northern Lights Pinball will be returning for our 8th consecutive year as part of Play Expo Manchester!

This year’s show is returning with a whole new venue and time of year. The event will take place on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th of May. Even better still, it’s a Bank Holiday weekend so you’ve still got a whole day’s worth of rest on the Monday to relax your wrist and finger muscles!

Play Expo will now be held at the Manchester Central Convention Complex. We couldn’t ask for a better venue as it is situated right in the heart of Manchester, so not only does it have fantastic transport links, it’s also close to all the shops, bars and entertainment that the city has to offer making it a great place to spend your weekend or to visit for the day.

We expect to have around 60 pinball machines at the show this year. Northern Lights Pinball will also once again be raising money for charity, and we will announce this year’s charity very soon. So please keep tuned for announcements!

Tickets can be purchased from: www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone. Our pinballinfo friends can save 10% on the cost of tickets by simply entering MUNSTERS as a coupon code before checking out. By buying your tickets from us you help us to support the charities that we donate to every year. Thanks to your help we've managed to raise over £32,000 so far over the course of the last 8 years.

We are very excited about the new format of the event and we hope to see lots of our old friends there and hopefully make lots of new ones too!

See you there,

The NLP Crew

Last edited:
There is no free parking at this venue, but you've got a wealth of great transport options available. It's a stone's throw from Deansgate and Oxford Road stations. A 15 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly station. And a hop, skip and a jump from the metrolink station right near the entrance which connects to all over Manchester.

If you're determined to come by car (can you bring a pin too?!) then I'd suggest checking something like JustPark for your best options, mostly all of which are cheaper than the NCP car parks if you book in advance. Change the date/time as necessary.

Hotels are of course all over Manchester. You might want to consider staying on the outskirts where you can park for free and then ride the Metrolink in?

Can't wait for this one. Massive new venue right in the centre should make for a fantastic event!

Last edited:
Cool, went in 2017 and it was great plus its only 25mins away so will definitely be attending again.

I know kev but they are much the same price now when I booked so went for the moseley st as the NLP crew are in there as well

I think I might be in the US for this sadly but is there going to be a competition? The last one at Manchester was fantastic!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lock in was great at Blackpool. Finger's x'd we'll have a similar vibe going on in the new venue at Manchester!

As with previous shows, pin-loaners get first priority with the lock-in tickets, and numbers are limited after that. The benefits though are that you pretty much get the run of the venue to yourself. All the cabs, and all the pins on free-play, with hardly anyone around:

We'll start taking names for lock-in soon, but you'll at least need a regular ticket if you haven't picket one up yet: www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone Discount code: MUNSTERS

Lock in was great at Blackpool. Finger's x'd we'll have a similar vibe going on in the new venue at Manchester!

As with previous shows, pin-loaners get first priority with the lock-in tickets, and numbers are limited after that. The benefits though are that you pretty much get the run of the venue to yourself. All the cabs, and all the pins on free-play, with hardly anyone around:
View attachment 80989

We'll start taking names for lock-in soon, but you'll at least need a regular ticket if you haven't picket one up yet: www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone Discount code: MUNSTERS
Hi stoked for this, the previous have been awesome, along with Daventry of course. Please can me and James be considered for the lock in? Thank you Alison

Attachments

• 20180824_201630.jpg
    20180824_201630.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 38
No rave during the lock in this time :( The venue is pretty much surrounded by residential buildings and hotels, so there are noise limits.

There's also some more good news/bad news things to announce regarding the lock-in, so I'll make a new thread very soon. Just finalising details.

No rave during the lock in this time :( The venue is pretty much surrounded by residential buildings and hotels, so there are noise limits.

There's also some more good news/bad news things to announce regarding the lock-in, so I'll make a new thread very soon. Just finalising details.

having worked with Manchester central on several gigs they are a right pain in the **** to work with... jobsworths beyond belief.

Back
Top Bottom