What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show at Event City Manchester. 8th,9th October Pin Pledg

So work have been absolute tossers and changed all my shifts around up till Christmas. So im now not going :mad::mad::mad: To add insult to injury my tickets arrived in the post today, rubbing salt in the wounds.

Is there anything I can do about a refund or is it a case of just taking it on the chin? Any help is greatly appreciated...
:(

Pinball Heaven pins added to list.
List of pins coming to show now edited and up to date.

Change to my pledged pins- I'm collecting a game off Dave Wilcox now so I chopped JM as there's already another one there, and in its place put Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Please also add these other 2 from Dave that he's bringing as well - Cactus Jacks, Class of 1812

I may have to change my list around but waiting to see if anyone pledges a duplicate such as SM or LOTR first

The thread title on this is 8th Aug 16 - a bit confusing

If somebody can collect it from Leeds and then drop it back off I will pledge my CSI. I can't see one on the list.

Any advice for 1st time attending NLP what's the protocol? are there que's for popular games? How many games can you play without ****ing the guy behind you off? Do all 4 players play together or do all play single games? If your getting in early is it best to play certain games before the official 11am opening? What time does it close? I'm sure all of the above will reveal itself but just looking for a heads up.
Really looking forward to it
Ta Tony

If your getting in early is it best to play certain games before the official 11am opening?

If it's same as last year 11am was for people buying tickets on the door. Most people queuing for entry at 10am have pre-paid tickets so it fills pretty quick at 10 when the doors open (get in the right queue if you arrive early). I found the lock-in was best time to get all the pin action you need. Saying that was usually a free pin to jump on throughout particularly Sunday afternoon when it started thinning out.

A few things:
Saturday is always busier than Sunday
The pinball area can get very busy
Play your game, if anyone is waiting behind for next turn let them on it next. Dont be THAT guy
You'll tire of many, many people starting a 4 player game then leave the machine after playing 1 ball. Remember you can reset most modern games by holding the start button
Its always useful to report any issues you see on a machine (they are all numbered)
Food & drink prices in the venue as are stupidly over priced as you would expect
Most important of all, enjoy yourself, its the best show of the year! :)

Remember you can reset most modern games by holding the start button
Would be great if everyone bringing a machine with this setting can make sure it's enabled. I know some (myself included) disable it to prevent the temptation of just restarting games endlessly when playing at home, but for public play it's really useful.

A standard setup is a good idea. What is the normal number of balls a machine should be set to?

Possibly a stupid question, but where's the best place to park your car if you're doing some logistics?

e.g. picking up Aaron's PDI glass, or buying some fairly clunky stuff like Mirror blades.

Can you get near the compound car park without being arrested for terrorism? Or can you get let in by NLP guys or someone to do any bits transfers?

cheers.

Would probably be best organising transfer of very large items between vehicles on one of the car parks (there are multiple very large parking areas). I definitely wouldn't suggest trying to carry a pane of glass through the venue!

The area to the rear (loading bays/van parking) is gated by security, only exhibitor vehicles allowed through on show days unfortunately.

Am I right in thinking the car parking is free ? I think i read that somewhere. I'm planning on hiring a car at the airport on saturday morning and returning it on sunday night. Car will be sat parked most of saturday and sunday in the car park so if there is a fee it might be better to get a taxi although our digs are 20 mins away

Advice/request for those bringing and setting up machines, please level your machine and please return to your machine once everything is up and running to check the volume is loud enough. 2 things that ruin it for me is a machine thats not level or can't be heard. Mini rant over :rolleyes::D:thumbs:

Am I right in thinking the car parking is free ?
Yep main car park by entrance is free which is good as its a short walk into Trafford Ctr, the food court is impressive on its own.

This reminds me of the weaponry that the cos play guys carry around and the stall holders sell - mirror blades are nothing!

Back
Top Bottom