What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Node Board 9 Issues

todler

Site Supporter
Hi, experienced my first issue with a node board today. Have a GOTGLE and Node 9 is being detected on start up. Just moved it from my mates house vack to mine. Just checked the connections and all seem good. Any other pointers to check before I fork out for a new one (Pinball Heaven on back order 😞). Its part No PCB 520-7017-72. Cheers

I think people usually recommend swapping them over with another one (of the same type) in the machine to make sure it is the node board that is faulty. You have to change the dip switches.

I think people usually recommend swapping them over with another one (of the same type) in the machine to make sure it is the node board that is faulty. You have to change the dip switches.
Thanks will give it a try. However a bit worried about buggering up another one. Will have another look tomorrow.

Hi, experienced my first issue with a node board today. Have a GOTGLE and Node 9 is being detected on start up. Just moved it from my mates house vack to mine. Just checked the connections and all seem good. Any other pointers to check before I fork out for a new one (Pinball Heaven on back order 😞). Its part No PCB 520-7017-72. Cheers
It might be the capacitor on the board, does it say not detected? If you wait until the machine fully boots, half the machine will be working, that comes off node 8, start a game, the power off and on the game quickly, is it then detected?

All the node 8 or 9 boards are the same the dip switches dictate 8 or 9

Last edited:
I had to replace both on Ghostbusters, check the power cycle first, then check the network cable it might be that, but unlikely. That's the black cable, you can use any cat cable for testing

Last edited:
I had to replace both on Ghostbusters, first check the network cable it might be that, but unlikely. That's the black cable, you can use any cat cable for testing
I mean do the power cycle first, then check the cable

I’m down to my last brand new one of these hit me up if you need it

It might be the capacitor on the board, does it say not detected? If you wait until the machine fully boots, half the machine will be working, that comes off node 8, start a game, the power off and on the game quickly, is it then detected?
So, just tried power cycling the machine a few times and still not detected. Also reseated the CAT 5 plugs again. Off out in a while but just going to try unplugging all the outputs from the PCB tonight just in case it’s a secondary wiring issue (as with the Pinside thread). If not looking like a new board.
Thanks everyone for the help so far.

I’m down to my last brand new one of these hit me up if you need it
Thanks for the heads up. Have to try one more thing tonight and then decide if I need one or not. Don’t suppose these come with a warranty, but then again don’t suppose it would be if brought from a dealer if fitting yourself?
Cheers

So, just tried power cycling the machine a few times and still not detected. Also reseated the CAT 5 plugs again. Off out in a while but just going to try unplugging all the outputs from the PCB tonight just in case it’s a secondary wiring issue (as with the Pinside thread). If not looking like a new board.
Thanks everyone for the help so far.
Try a different cat cable, but it's probably unlikely, but worth a try

Have you swapped 8 and 9 node boards over yet, Tony? Remember to alter the dip switches on both of the node boards. This will determine if its the node board or a cable issue. Happy for you to try my spare node board if you wish to pop down and collect it.

It really easy to swap them round, I must admit I was a bit reluctant to at first, just remember to take pictures of how the dip switches are set

Hopefully swapping the boards over later. We have just moved so the wife has me doing what she classes as more important stuff. Will post an update when done. Thanks again for the tips.

Ok, so just swapped over the boards and it’s now Node 8 not found so board must be U/S. Looks like I need to order a new one. Thanks for the help everyone.
Does Mypinballs still repair the old ones once replaced or is it a bin job?
Cheers Tony

Ok, so just swapped over the boards and it’s now Node 8 not found so board must be U/S. Looks like I need to order a new one. Thanks for the help everyone.
Does Mypinballs still repair the old ones once replaced or is it a bin job?
Cheers Tony
There are some people on here who repair them, I sold mine.

My understanding is It's a bit hit or miss depends on what's actually wrong with it, whether it's repairable or not.

So an update. Received the new node board today, fitted and turned on. Menu said node board 8 updated successfully. However now doing a ball search all the time and turned off and on. Now saying Node board 8 not found. Have a red light, green light and a slow flashing yellow light. Any ideas?
Note: the original fault was node 9 but did a swap to test so left the duff board in location at 8.

Dip switches need changing on the new board to match the board it has replaced. It won't work until that has been done.

Back
Top Bottom