What's new

New Pinball "The Mafia"

This would be immensely "hackable" you could easily make your own playfield design and write new software for this.

Waste of time, you could build your own better game for cheaper than paying 7k just to "hack" a weak playfield. She's just a very expensive doorbell without the doorbells.

* new pin ballers alert *
At 2k I might have had a punt as it looks nice, at 3k i would be getting an older stern at 4K the modern games are there for you.

It’s a cheap no thrills, no advancement emperors new clothes , don’t buy it if you are new to pinball as you will end up selling it for a pittance and hating our community, the truth is the above comments are 95 % from people who would never buy it

Or actually play it first, ignoring the above post and judge for yourself

and your point is that this game may play awesome ?

Last edited:
Honest opinion .
I hope the do well but can't see it with that title and for that money better to buy the pimmped out tron In the for sale add.
Even at 1k I'd not touch it and anyone who says they would is cracked .pinflation or not there is 200 plus games that look better and all cost less.
Honestly I think they been smoking thinking it's worth that or are they trying to get the buyers to pay for manufacturing of there next one in advance so they ha e a cusion.
Rant over al

What you are paying for here is uniqueness, there are PLENTY of people with VERY deep pockets that will look at this as a novelty in their collection, if the software is solid, then everything else being replaceable why the heck not. Judging this against a IMDN, TNA or heck even a FT is silly, if you have money or space for just two, spend your money and the space filling it with those games.

10 available, already manufactured, I would be suprised if 2-4 haven't gone already, with many others testing the water and enquiring.

I think their work is to be applauded, but I'm not sure of the appeal nor the value in what is a very close, niche audience.

Hats off for making 10, but I'd have only made 3-4 (unless they've already sold half of them). I think TNA is a much cooler game, but the old EM vibe just doesn't cut it for me. I think 7k would be best spent on 2-3 BW machines (maybe not A list) that will give way more entertainment and hold some sort of value.

I don't mean to **** on anyone's parade - it's either a brave move or a foolhardy one business wise. My 10c.

If their profit is that high, they can drop the price until equilibrium too...

Guess it will dictate if it is a business model or a hobby

I am personally not into this style of machine, but others will enjoy it. Perhaps they are dipping their toes in the water for RRP price. Plus you have to think about nobody pays RRP.

SOMETHING NOBODY ELSE HAS CONSIDERED - Be nice to these guys if you own a Heighway Pinball. They designed the boardsets for Alien and Full Throttle. If you own a Heighway game they may be the people that keep it going when the ****ly made boards mess up! (they would not of been responsible for manufacture cost). Perhaps the company may make aftermarket spares for these games.

Lol pick dipping there feet for rep come on they seen $$$$$$ signs and trying to cash in . Look at tag 60% of that paperweight thing there trying to sell.as for after sales of heighway junk it only effects what like 40 peeps they will get rich of that also after pinball brothers sues them.
I think you need a drum and beat that thing outside there office or is there something your not telling us ?

Well @Atlantis - I have zero links to this company. I have not seen Romain since I left HP years ago and had no contact with him since. Not that it anyone's business including yours.

I was just stating something that people who own Heighway Pinball 'paperweights' that this company could help them in the future.

I have no gain if they fail or make a go of it.

Nobody is forcing you or anyone to buy one of these. I would not actually buy one of these as I dislike the feel and play of EM games. Things like Whoa Nellie I thought were junk but enough people purchased them worldwide.

Absolutely shocked that UK people are not supportive of a UK company. Cashing in - YES OF COURSE THEY ARE. THE IDEA OF BUSINESS IS TO MAKE MONEY.

I think there is a market out there for a machine like this in the operators world. Most people on here and pinside have a long history in pinball and now like machines with depth that reward good players with long ball times. In my limited experience I have witnessed pinball virgins and old (EM) farts walk away from modern machines after one game because they are initially complicated and confusing to the uninitiated.

We have a new pub round the corner from work that has installed a few MAME cabs, some arcade machines and an 8 hole junkyard golf upstairs. I was talking to the owner about a pinball machine and he said he looked into it but when he tried it out with the staff (all under 25 i guess) they said it was more stress then fun. People just want to get their name on a leaderboard and have fun without thinking.

Regarding the cost, yes its over the odds for a home market but the pub mentioned above could get two a week at the rate they are going and given the simple layout anyone I know would stick a few quid in.

This machine is right on the money (sorry, pun intended).

OK, it seems a little expensive BUT I can't remember the number of times I have spoken to operators all over the world who were begging me to build a SIMPLE machine with SIMPLE rules that a half-drunk pub patron could understand.

The operators, who are left, won't site modern machines - not because of the cost - but because the average punter hasn't got a clue how to play them! The large majority of new and newer machines are simply FAR too complex with rules that cannot be followed or understood by a casual pub type player.

THAT's why we are not seeing pinball machines sited, nothing to do with price. Operators are willing to pay huge money for a machine that will actually take money when sited - look at Daytona for one example. They were more than AU$50K when first released but operators couldn't get enough of them.

Sited at a pub, this machine will take plenty of money IMO. Home collectors have differing ideas about themes and gameplay.

I'm relatively new to the home pinball "scene" but I think you're right. It's all very well having a machine at home and spending time learning all the modes and "quests" but another when you have to keep feeding it £1 coins every minute because you're trialling stuff out.

Modern Stern machines are gathering dust unplayed in prime locations (weston pier)... perhaps a simpler game might take more money from repeat play?

Last edited:
They don’t site machines because they think the risk to reward is too much, simple.

They don’t site machines because they think the risk to reward is too much, simple.

Yes, operators want machines that are SIMPLE both to play and also to repair. They DO NOT want super complex "toys" or twenty deep rule sets.

Operators will buy and site pinball machines that are SIMPLE all 'round.

I have had this conversation with many large operators and also directly with the President of the USA AMOA - it's exactly what he told me as well.

So if operators want simple games then why didn’t big juicy melons appear in pubs? Can’t think of a more simple layout and it was supported by the best distribution network of any of the manufacturers.

Wasn’t the price point for that £1500 or so below the asking price for this one?

So if operators want simple games then why didn’t big juicy melons appear in pubs? Can’t think of a more simple layout and it was supported by the best distribution network of any of the manufacturers.

Wasn’t the price point for that £1500 or so below the asking price for this one?

Well if it was my pub in this area I would not have a Nellie. Pubs now allow women (and kids) with opinions in and that backglass would bring more agro then I would like, would probably have the girls movement from the student union picketing outside.

I will take10 tb’s at 2k each and site them in the south east, problem solved :)

Also 10 mafias at 1k, won’t take as much as the pool tables but hey

Without actually looking I thought Whoa Nellie was about £1500 more than this.

Cost to make is a lot so you're have to put much more in your game to justify the price with me. When you can see a TronLE for 7k here or 2-3 lower priced games to compare to. Maybe the guy selling Tron needs it to put on this game :)

Dave. You may well be right about the price of Nelly. I had a feeling it was about the same as a normal stern when it came out and just kind of went with pinflation since then ?

While I get simple being attractive to casual players I never noticed people shunning TAF etc in order to play something more basic.

Anyway the guys have successfully built 10 games which is 10 more than I’ll ever do so good luck to them

Well, I got to play it a good bit earlier and it's a lot of fun. Definitely more sophisticated and stylish than the basic layout appears at first, and the decision to use lightning flippers with a centre post gives it an interesting feel and extra challenge. Overall quite an achievement for a core team of four all working in their spare time.

While I get simple being attractive to casual players I never noticed people shunning TAF etc in order to play something more basic.

Indeed, same point with trading anything off for the game.

Well, I got to play it a good bit earlier and it's a lot of fun. Definitely more sophisticated and stylish than the basic layout appears at first, and the decision to use lightning flippers with a centre post gives it an interesting feel and extra challenge. Overall quite an achievement for a core team of four all working in their spare time.

Yeah great review, that changed my mind somewhat to nothing. You worked for with this lot anyway at some point? I have to take that as based and weak marketing if so.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the footage of this being played at Pinfest?
The twitch link doesn't seem to work and the unboxing video on Facebook has been filmed with a potato

Back
Top Bottom