What's new

New Pinball "The Mafia"

Not my sort of theme but fair play for actually producing something. Innovative to use such open sourced components too. This would be immensely "hackable" you could easily make your own playfield design and write new software for this.

Didn’t Heighwayman once back a modern take on EM’s? Think his first Daventry show had two.

Heighway did not make an EM - they did a Barcardi table prior to Full throttle.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/bacardi-cuba-libre/gallery
The only other proto that got out was 'Circe' which later was changed to Full Throttle (that was written on WPC using a WPC boardset).

Romain in my time with Heighway showed amazing electronic knowledge - I would of worked with him longer if it wasnt for the MD!

Seriously - fair play for them saying 'LOOK - WE HAVE BUILT THESE AND THEY ALL WORK', unlike Heighway going 'We will have this ready next month - give me money NOW and you may get your machine in 2 years'.

Not my personal style of game but very very cool looking. Price is heavy but I guess it makes sense considering the production setup. I was wondering how long it would be before someone stuck a Raspberry pi in a pin

Holy sh!t balls. This is definitely my type of theme. Would prefer more mature but this is awesome.
Hopefully it has the same appeal as Tna

Please excuse my non technical brain but doesn't having a pi open up a whole world of modding. Could you not have people writing rules,code,plus inserting music pretty easily? You could have two machines but have them playing completely different.
Would be cool if you had a mode where you hit the targets either side of the spinner to disable an alarm. Then hit the spinner to break into the bank. Get a score on the pop bumpers before the cops showed up. Then had to hit the orbits to escape the cops.
Just because it's EM themed,doesn't mean it can't have things to do than score chase

@Horsey - I dare say it could be hacked or modded - but the price it is seems a bit steep to rip it apart software wise and mod it.....

You may as well buy an old EM you like the layout of, and put in a PROC system.

But in my mind - pretty much a waste of money doing either, as it will take a lot of programming to make a pinball machine with your old ruleset.

ALSO - just noticed that when you click BUY on the website, no UK link or pricing.....

But looking at pinball news the price is a bit steep. If it was maybe launched to compete with the Thunderbirds pinball, or better still they should just sub contract out the game manufacturing to China and bring costs down - I think they would stand more chance if the game was priced about £4K

Last edited:
Well done them, looks lovely. Price need to come down though.

If only the highwayman had listened to his engineering team..

Well done them, looks lovely. Price need to come down though.

If only the highwayman had listened to his engineering team..

Bang on the money. If he would of left the design and building of Full Throttle to myself, Romain and Dave Saunders (and the software guys) I think it would of been a lot better ! Janos is a nice bloke as well.

Also notice they are using PROPER assemblies and normal roll over switches. Mr H had to always try and do something innovative that cost more money, did not work as well and a bitch to repair.

Ironic how the only uk pinball manufacturer is owned by people that arnt from the uk lol. Not my kinda theme unless it was the godfather but it's a good start and good luck to them. I look forward to what else they come up with.

Like others have said the pricing needs to come down especially as it's essentially a early single level solid state but with no real boards.

Glad to see they are using off the shelf proven mechs. That is one thing that scares me about alien machines

Obviously they want to make money as a company. But after reading the article, it seems they mostly built it as a hobby in their spare time. Might be worth while writing off any costs regarding R and D. I would assume it won't cost near 6.5k to build these. So a much cheaper price (with a small profit) just to get them out and into hands. Prove to people they can deliver and produce a fun game. Then make back some cash on the next project.

Things like this always reminds me of a car garage near me. He sold 500quid cars all day every day. Arnold Clark next door would sell one 15k a week. Who is a better salesman?

From what I have been reading, it seems The Beatles pin wouldn't be to far away from something like this and that will be 12k,so what do I know haha.

Heighway did not make an EM - they did a Barcardi table prior to Full throttle.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/bacardi-cuba-libre/gallery
The only other proto that got out was 'Circe' which later was changed to Full Throttle (that was written on WPC using a WPC boardset).

Romain in my time with Heighway showed amazing electronic knowledge - I would of worked with him longer if it wasnt for the MD!

Seriously - fair play for them saying 'LOOK - WE HAVE BUILT THESE AND THEY ALL WORK', unlike Heighway going 'We will have this ready next month - give me money NOW and you may get your machine in 2 years'.

I remember the Bacardi machines. I was thinking of these Spanish pins,

CCD1D27C-348D-4290-8324-324D03485CAC.jpeg

Not my personal style of game but very very cool looking. Price is heavy but I guess it makes sense considering the production setup. I was wondering how long it would be before someone stuck a Raspberry pi in a pin

MMR has beagle board - effectively a PI, TNA similar.

Back
Top Bottom