What's new

New members - say hello right here : )

Hello everyone

My name is Gordon, I'm currently living in Glasgow but may be moving back to Grimsby within in a year which is my hometown. I've been reading various parts of this forum and you all seem a decent bunch. As for pinball, I have very little "real life" experience due to just hardly ever coming across any pinball machines. When I was a kid in the 80's and 90's I was more into video games but one of my favourite genres of video games has always been pinball (Dragon's Fury, Tristan and Williams Pinball Classics being my favourites). I recently built a mini pinball machine with my Nexus 7 running The Pinball Arcade. Now I really want to try some of these tables for real and I intend to own one within a year once I move into a house (I currently live in a flat). My dream table to own would be any one of Centaur, Bride of Pinbot, Firepower, Space Shuttle, Taxi or Flight 2000. Anyway, I'm waffling now, I hope I can contribute to these forums with my limited pinball knowledge/experience.

Welcome aboard Gordon, your experience is not uncommon and very similar to mine and others I've spoken to recently in that I grew up with video games, took no notice of pinball machines at all until pinball arcade on the iPad got me interested 2 years ago.

Enjoy the forum.

Welcome to the forum, you won't be that far from me (between Selby and York). Only been on here a year myself. Same situation, although I did play quite a few pins in the early 90's, I tended to avoid them late 90's early 2000's because I had other things on my mind. This is where the Pinball Arcade helped fill in the gaps!

Thanks. Yeah I used to go to the arcades in Cleethorpes when I was a kid and remember there being some pinball machines. I did try one once but I remember not being able to do anything as the ball would just drain within seconds of launching it. Considering I only had a small amount of pocket money to play with that just put me off pinball machines and so I never looked out for them. I've got some catching up to do now.

Welcome Gordon. We seem to be getting a little gathering going over here on the east coast. I'm also in Grimsby and I've had my first Pinball for a little over a year now. It's currently in bits waiting for me to restore and redecal the cab.

I know there's a guy called Daz on here who also is in a Grimsby as well as Davey D, who's also just got his first Pin (a Revenge from Mars).

Great to know we are slowly getting more people interested in the hobby in this area.

That's good to know there's a group of Grimsby based pinball fans. It's all dependent on work at the moment but the signs are I could end up back in the area soon. If so I hope I'll get to know you all.

And thanks Replicas. :)

Greetings all! I am a pinball newb. I purchased a Bally's 1986 Special Force pinball last week. This is my first pinball machine. I hope to continue my new addiction. I live in Houston, Texas, USA. I am excited about the potential of finding old games and bringing them back to life.

Greetings Grim. Most of us on here live in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales so you may notice a few differences - prices for example - but otherwise we're the same species as pinheads worldwide.

Hi there. My Name is Jonathan. I am 38 and from East London. Much like Grimm above I was more into video games than pinball when I was younger. However over the last year or so I have been browsing lots of pinball sites and finally bought my first pinball the other week. It's been getting plenty of use so far and I am loving it. Starting to worry that I might wear it out.. Also now considering what second machine to get.. I will need something to play whilst doing a deep clean and maintenance on the first one. .

Welcome to Pinball Info both Grim and Jonathan.
Good to see more from the U.S. joining us.
Also great to see you are already looking for your second machine Jonathan.

Hi ! My name is John and I`m based in south london. I had sttng and avatar but they are sold now :(. Now I`m looking for the twilight zone (my favourite game). Thanks !

Welcome to Pinball Info John.
Put up a wanted ad in the for sale/wanted section,

Back
Top Bottom