What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

Can anyone see a pattern?

The pattern I usually saw was this:

Me: I can see that it's a good idea, but there's several problems with it's implementation
AH: You just don't have my vision, if we don't do this then no one will give us a look in. We need something to take peoples eyes off Predator.
Me: Look, I've discussed this with the team and we all think that our time and money will be better spent focusing on the core aspects, like ensuring we have a fun, flippable game.
AH: In future any discussions will be conducted with me included. I make the decisions round here, not you.

(Meanwhile Andy leaves and brings back some other people, most of the time not even employees of the company)

AH: As you can see guys, this idea of mine is absolutely amazing, isn't it? just look how good it is. Now show of hands, which of you think that we should do this?
Me: Can I just say somethi....
AH: No, you've had your say, now guys, do you think this super awesome idea of mine is amazing and that we should definitely move forward with it?

(several people unrelated to the design team raise their hands)

AH: See? You see? I was right! It *is* a great idea, isn't it?

(the other people leave)

AH: I can't believe how negative you guys are, it's almost like you want me to fail.

I'm exaggerating here, but only slightly.

The pattern I usually saw was this:

Me: I can see that it's a good idea, but there's several problems with it's implementation
AH: You just don't have my vision, if we don't do this then no one will give us a look in. We need something to take peoples eyes off Predator.
Me: Look, I've discussed this with the team and we all think that our time and money will be better spent focusing on the core aspects, like ensuring we have a fun, flippable game.
AH: In future any discussions will be conducted with me included. I make the decisions round here, not you.

(Meanwhile Andy leaves and brings back some other people, most of the time not even employees of the company)

AH: As you can see guys, this idea of mine is absolutely amazing, isn't it? just look how good it is. Now show of hands, which of you think that we should do this?
Me: Can I just say somethi....
AH: No, you've had your say, now guys, do you think this super awesome idea of mine is amazing and that we should definitely move forward with it
(several people unrelated to the design team raise their hands)
AH: See? You see? I was right! It *is* a great idea, isn't it?
(the other people leave)

AH: I can't believe how negative you guys are, it's almost like you want me to fail.

I'm exaggerating here, but only slightly.

Doesn’t surprise me - it’s his stupidly lame legal threats that make him feel that he is right and the law is on his side. Nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This whole thing is such a shame as I actually had quite a few games on Alien at Flipout at the weekend and it was really good. Shots were new, interesting and the integration of the movie (clips) was fantastic. Hopefully Dave has a career in pinball design in the future as would love to see what he would come up with next.

Are you saying guys that Dave should use some of its gofundme page money to travel to stern to see if he can get a job with them??? ;)

Extract from stern ex employees:

"Unfortunately I did not have the experience I imagined. I thought working for a company that sells pinball's would be fun and easy going, at least the people. Instead I dealt with a lot of cursing and people blatantly showing their discontent for fellow coworkers and management going along with the catty behavior. When your AR manager is constantly criticizing the HR manager and kicking cubicles in front of her employees, it doesn't make for a positive work environment. They also break the law, i was not given my 15 min breaks because I "work in the office and its not strict, you can go get coffee whenever you like"."

So I guess working for stern might be stressful too...

"Unfortunately I did not have the experience I imagined. I thought working for a company that sells pinball's would be fun and easy going, at least the people. Instead I dealt with a lot of cursing and people blatantly showing their discontent for fellow coworkers and management going along with the catty behavior. When your AR manager is constantly criticizing the HR manager and kicking cubicles in front of her employees, it doesn't make for a positive work environment. They also break the law, i was not given my 15 min breaks because I "work in the office and its not strict, you can go get coffee whenever you like"."

'you can go and get coffee whenever you want '

Well f#ck that, .... What sort of workhouse are they running ? .... I'm out [emoji16]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Office politics and flexible coffee breaks.

Sounds like... a normal job.

Flexible coffee breaks. It's like some kind of fantastic dream. My entire life revolves around bells (kind of like a prison system;))

Come to think of it I don't even think we have a kettle in my building at the moment...

....... if Andy wants to paint a picture of a 'toxic UK pinball community' then how does it explain the massive outpouring of support for someone who clearly deserves it.

Third, I find it almost comical that over 5 years later I'm *still* getting blamed by Andy for his ****ups. Hey Andy, if you are reading this, **** you. If you want to sue me, then ****ing sue me. I said that 5 years ago and I'm saying it again now.

Because Dave doesn't deserve it, according to Andew. Actions speak louder than weasel words, and after years of service, many promises, and complete obfuscation, he granted him not a single penny.

Making Dave more financially independent means that he's less likely to be an abusable pawn at Andrew's disposal. If you're not with Andrew, you're against him.

He may not be making overt threats towards Dave publicly, but that's because he's trying to guilt trip him into silence, and pressure him into divulging information about what the investors are doing. Still bullying. Still abuse. Just different tactics.

Also, if you read between the lines, with the use of inverted commas and nod-nod, wink-wink, he's hinting that he has incriminating evidence on Dave vis a vis benefits (likely total ******** and the other way around), and that he should be quiet if he knows what's good for him. So still some implied threat.

He'll blame anyone and everyone he can. He won't sue you. He won't sue Kaneda. He won't sue me. He won't sue Phil. It's total BS - as usual. He doesn't have a leg to stand on and there's a mountain of evidence piling up against him ... and only a fraction of the people who could condemn him have said anything publicly so far.

The threats are to scare other people into silence. The ones that aren't named. Unfortunately, people are still scared of him, so it works to an extent.

But enough people feel safe enough now (safety in numbers), or empowered by others having shared their story that it won't allow him to sail off into the sunset. Not a chance.

Last edited:
Having personally quit HP when I did - I never actually wanted him or the company to fail.

I wanted him to pay my friends (for the music and the art on Full Throttle) and make some great games in the UK.

Oh - and something that has not really been mentioned lately is the Welsh backing, that also allowed the company to get away with hiring 'overseas' cheap labour to assemble games whilst they put money in. Guess where that cash came from? UK tax payers no doubt!

In the early days I think he really wanted to make great games, but once investments came in and paid him a salary, I do not think he minded riding the wave until it hit the beech.

My opinion is he moved in to the factory 12 months before the company needed to - as I firmly believe he wanted his name in big letters over the door. This was before we had 2 protos build and flipping a ball around.

The best idea would of been to hire a small office, design and prototype a game - and then get Stern to make it like the Chicago Game company do with AFMremake and MMremake. Why **** about with new board set ideas and unreliable technology?

Remember - it is the EASIEST JOB IN THE WORLD TO SPEND OTHER PEOPLES MONEY. I know people who have sold the family home to back a business. I do not recall this happening here.

Looks like it could be a long wait to find out I'm getting 10p back or something, as there will be an annual report.

Someone send it to me and I’ll stick it up!

Someone send it to me and I’ll stick it up!

Not necessarily the best idea. There are ongoing investigations.

If stuff leaks and it's bad, he's more likely to flee the country before he can potentially be interviewed under caution or arrested.

Ahhh Pinball Brothers then....

Ahh all makes sense now.... Boards, Parts etc etc get "moved" to PB, HP buys everything from PB.... Therefore when HP goes down PB are the major creditors that get owed £££

Smells rather fishy to me... VERY fishy

If i was a creditor in this, i would certainly be looking to get legal representation, since this still smells of potential and alleged disposal of assets (although obviously thats to be proven, and just supposition at this time)..

Back
Top Bottom