What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NERG number 4

I'm still recovering. Thanks SOOO much for your support guys. NERG just wouldn't happen without it. I know what a pain in the **** it is to get machines to events and you give up your time without batting an eyelid. Numbers were down on last year. Just very slightly though. Attendance was 800 on Saturday and 580 on Sunday.

And no, I still haven't played Ghostbusters!

T2 will get a flipper rebuild before Play Expo in October. I'll probably do it the night before :rofl:

Oh, I have a spirit level and a plastic box with a few screw drivers and screws in it. Belong to anyone?

ha! clean your games @Alan Syson

Oi! Cheeky tw@.
MM was cleaned, maybe not to others high standards.
BR I presumed was clean as I cleaned it before last years NERG & it's been folded since then.
FT is such a wreck any time cleaning it feels like a waste of time.
BUT they all play well which to me is more important than cosmetics.

Your MM played fine Alan, unlike the other which failed the start of Saturday.

As for just taking Sterns in an attempt for more reliability (if I've read that right) that would make the line up boring.... You'll always get some games stronger than others, they're old (!) and don't forget they've been played solid for two days. It costs money to rebuild flippers and not everyone is competent doing them. Wish people wouldn't look at a show as a running arcade.

Well done Phil anyway, great weekend and top nights in Newcastle Fri & Sat as always. But for next year:

i) More room for the machine line up with space either side to fix please. Like sardines in a tin when we arrived... or just tell RGP to shove up and not hog half the floor.
ii) Old venue had parking, pub down the lane, supermarket opposite and Maccy D's close by. ;) Just sayin.

Cheers.

Last edited:
One other thing I noticed too was that very few PIN's were LED'd and some of the play fields needed a good old clean. The MM that was working and FT especially.

Think TILT may be more your thing....

Long drive but enjoyed myself. At least one of the MM's was working. Played a tired Indy Jones & T2 though. Certainly a few machines need flipper rebuilds..

Surprised not to see a TZ, TAF, Creech, SS or even a Funhouse..

Not sure if this is another criticism, but had several people saying to me over the weekend they were glad to see some different and rarer machines this year than the usual titles.

I'm personally leaning back towards the Stadium. The hall is slightly bigger, parking is much better and I think unloading and loading is better.

I'm hoping they've changed the orange lights for white LED as that's what they did at the leisure centre a couple of months before NERG.

The only downside I think is the winding corridor back to the restaurant but is that really a bad thing?

Reactions: JMP
Think I prefer the stadium too. As well as the other points I would add the stadium was easier to find, walkable from the hotel, and no glare from windows in the roof
Either way though, always a great event. Top marks for another superb weekend :clap:

I would vote for the stadium.

For better parking, but more importantly, the leisure centre had many skylights in the roof, this made playing some games quite tricky due to the reflection on the glass.

The leisure centre also felt as though it was in a slightly iffy area too, though I did appreciate the dominos nearby.

@JMP

I love the old games, I took vector and paragon to shows last year. There were some really interesting titles there, especially the 80s gottliebs like tag team, spring break. If the games are well maintained the classics are fine and every bit as reliable as the sterns.

But by close on Sunday, it did strike me that the dead and dying games were the 80s and 90s ones

I'm personally leaning back towards the Stadium. The hall is slightly bigger, parking is much better and I think unloading and loading is better.

I'm hoping they've changed the orange lights for white LED as that's what they did at the leisure centre a couple of months before NERG.

The only downside I think is the winding corridor back to the restaurant but is that really a bad thing?
Deffo stadium Phil and the corridor is no bother at all - nice to be able to get away from it for 5 mins

Cheers

kev

Same here, no problem with the corridor Phil. Forgot about walking distance to hotel too... sometimes some fresh air is needed !

@JMP

I love the old games, I took vector and paragon to shows last year. There were some really interesting titles there, especially the 80s gottliebs like tag team, spring break. If the games are well maintained the classics are fine and every bit as reliable as the sterns.

But by close on Sunday, it did strike me that the dead and dying games were the 80s and 90s ones

Nature of the beast David, same at every show. Yours are nice machines but we can't expect everyone to refurb and rebuild to the same standard then volunteer their pride and joy for Jo-Public to play for two days solid.

Last year Phil wanted to push for more than 40 pins in 2016, having received comments from people that they wished there were more titles. If 2017 is at the Stadium with hopefully a bit more space and more donation (Phil always pays for van, petrol etc.) then there's no reason why there shouldn't be more there including the usual titles and more Stern's ! ;)

And they're changing the lighting!! Nice white light!

Don't worry, you'll have more space.

Had a good weekend ( little Chloe too) hotel fine,venue ok but sky lights made playing pins hard,food hall fine and reasonable priced......... But parking!!!!!! Stadium better.

I might have to make a trip up to next year's show, especially if there's not going to be another UKPP. I did look at attending this year, but my good lady couldn't get the time off, plus @Archyta5 couldn't go either. Happy to bring a game in the car, but it's a long trek up the A1 from Kettering. :)

I

It's the same at all shows when it comes to games,dnt matter how nice or well maintained they are when played absolutely constant 8-10 hrs they all suffer fatigue,I feel most did v well,plus the team tried to keep on top of any issues that arose.

I quite like the hotel

Decent room, double glazed, good shower
Late bar
Brekky
Nice walk over the bridge at the end of the eve

Yeah, I think the hotel is perfectly located. Nice, clean and modern. I've also built up a good relationship with Danielle in group bookings.

I did hear that the presence of a number of pinheads was a major draw for the hen parties

Back
Top Bottom