What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NERG number 4

Hi guys, Im just wondering if its possible to pay on the door or do you have to purchase online? Thanks

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate [emoji106] are the prices the same? Sorry its my 1st time at the event

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Long drive but enjoyed myself. At least one of the MM's was working. Played a tired Indy Jones & T2 though. Certainly a few machines need flipper rebuilds..

Surprised not to see a TZ, TAF, Creech, SS or even a Funhouse..
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, wish I could of made it but there is always next year!

Its a shame you couldn't of taken a pin down with you, you benefit from free entry for the weekend and everyone else benefits from getting to play one of your great machines.

Reactions: JMP
Great show as always and a big thanks to @Big Phil - thoroughly enjoyed it apart from the parking ticket, and not winning the PS4!!!

Roll on the next one and hopefully next year we will be bringing a pin again

Cheers Kev

So when is andre posting the highlight of the post show entertainment involving our friend poibug ???

What happens in Newcastle/Gateshead stays in Newcastle/Gateshead. ;)

It was a great event. Thanks again @bigphil

Some of the games were a little tired. And in need of flipper rebuilds. But I do not think that would have been an issue for the non pinhead attendees. As the days went on the pinball area was far busier than the videogame area. Literally every game was in continual use. Folk were not queuing, other than for Hobbit and Ghostbusters. But literally no game was standing unused for more than half a minute. You had to move swiftly to get on the machines.

I am not a stern evangelist. But it was really noticeable how much more reliable these games were than the older games.

Part of my rationale for buying my wpt was that it is easier to get sterns out of my house than wpc or classic bally williams titles. And I wanted a game for road trips like this. It did not miss a beat all weekend from what I could see. So my suggestion would be for folk to consider taking sterns to these events if they own a mixture of games.

Anyone who donates a game to something like this is doing us all a huge favour and introducing a whole load of folk to pinball machines they have not seen for 20 years

It was a great event. Thanks again @bigphil

Some of the games were a little tired. And in need of flipper rebuilds. But I do not think that would have been an issue for the non pinhead attendees. As the days went on the pinball area was far busier than the videogame area. Literally every game was in continual use. Folk were not queuing, other than for Hobbit and Ghostbusters. But literally no game was standing unused for more than half a minute. You had to move swiftly to get on the machines.

I am not a stern evangelist. But it was really noticeable how much more reliable these games were than the older games.

Part of my rationale for buying my wpt was that it is easier to get sterns out of my house than wpc or classic bally williams titles. And I wanted a game for road trips like this. It did not miss a beat all weekend from what I could see. So my suggestion would be for folk to consider taking sterns to these events if they own a mixture of games.

Anyone who donates a game to something like this is doing us all a huge favour and introducing a whole load of folk to pinball machines they have not seen for 20 years

Hi Can I ask why the Sterns are easier to get out of the house, are they slightly smaller, or lighter, or both, or is it something to do with the head ?

Cheers Kev

The stern backboxes are slightly narrower than the others. It means that I can get it out of my house without needing to remove it.

Williams Banzai Run 60cm wide
Stern 70 cm wide
Williams Bally Wpc 73cm wide
Classic Bally SS 77cm wide

Hi Can I ask why the Sterns are easier to get out of the house, are they slightly smaller, or lighter, or both, or is it something to do with the head ?

Cheers Kev

Modern Stern Backboxes are considerably narrower (at 27 inches) than older games... Modern Stern games as a whole are generally lighter thanks to modern components (or crap build quality depending on your view).

Weight is less of an issue as you tend to move them on sack trucks or hydraulic trolleys

Some games have high centres of gravity so I do not like moving them on sack barrows. Banzai is ridiculous and would be extremely dodgy on a sack barrow

Double backglass games like vector also have a high centre of gravity on a sack barrow

Safest to use hydraulic trucks for games like these, unless you take the head off. Only a very brave man would remove the head of a banzai

IMG_20160704_120415.jpg

Agreed, the pinball section was very busy. Way busier than the arcade section, well apart from street fighter V area. I don't think any of the pins had a minute's rest. Was good to see all ages playing too.

Enjoyed playing Hypersports. Childhood fav that..

stern do feel lighter is should that be flimsy. bally 6803 are a shocker as though standard size the crappy chip board adds a lot. heavy metal is as heavy (no pun intended) as a widebody WMS

One other thing I noticed too was that very few PIN's were LED'd and some of the play fields needed a good old clean. The MM that was working and FT especially.

Last edited:
A few picture's from NERG 2016. Had a great weekend playing all the arcade games and pinball machines. Thanks to the organisers and hopefully next year If I can attend I will bring a couple of machines........................................................IMG_1732.jpg IMG_1727.jpg IMG_1728.jpg IMG_1729.jpg IMG_1730.jpg IMG_1722.jpg IMG_1723.jpg IMG_1725.jpg IMG_1726.jpg IMG_1715.jpg IMG_1716.jpg IMG_1717.jpg IMG_1721.jpg IMG_1710.jpg IMG_1711.jpg IMG_1712.jpg IMG_1713.jpg IMG_1714.jpg IMG_1705.jpg IMG_1706.jpg IMG_1707.jpg IMG_1708.jpg IMG_1709.jpg IMG_1702.jpg IMG_1703.jpg IMG_1704.jpg IMG_1698.jpg IMG_1699.jpg IMG_1700.jpg IMG_1701.jpg IMG_1694.jpg IMG_1695.jpg IMG_1696.jpg IMG_1697.jpg IMG_1687.jpg IMG_1688.jpg IMG_1689.jpg IMG_1690.jpg IMG_1691.jpg IMG_1686.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom