What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NERG (North East Retro Gaming) July 5th & 6th 2014

We had a great laugh last year with some of the karaoke crew, looks like even more laughs this year.
Nice one Phil for sorting out this and looking after the supporters of NERG.

Had a panic moment earlier - should I have received the tickets already? I know I had a virtual event brite ticket in my iPhone passbook thing, but then the phone got swapped by Apple for a dodgy camera last month, so now I have nothing!

Had a panic moment earlier - should I have received the tickets already? I know I had a virtual event brite ticket in my iPhone passbook thing, but then the phone got swapped by Apple for a dodgy camera last month, so now I have nothing!

Sorry for the delay. I've been at a wedding this weekend.

Eventbrite tickets are virtual. You just show the QR code on your phone and it get's scanned. Or you can print it off. You can go to the eventbrite website to get it emailed to you again or you can pm me your details and I'll have an email copy :)

Sorry for the delay. I've been at a wedding this weekend.

Eventbrite tickets are virtual. You just show the QR code on your phone and it get's scanned. Or you can print it off. You can go to the eventbrite website to get it emailed to you again or you can pm me your details and I'll have an email copy :)

No problem - I'll try the event brite website, but as a precaution would you mind forwarding my email QR code thing again too?

Quick update on NERG 2014...

100 video arcade machines. This is double the amount we had at last years event - 2 show exclusives!

Almost 50 pinball machines - 1 show exclusive. A faint hope of 2.

60 consoles & computers - 3 show exclusives to the best of my knowledge.

Classic Gaming Championship heat

£250 cosplay competition

Gaming competitions

Raffle to win a 2 player fighter bartop machine

NERG Juniors club for under 12's

19 confirmed traders.

Supporting the Bright Red blood cancer charity.

Comedy after show party on Saturday night.

Limited to 1000 tickets making it the best visitor to machine ratio event in the country!

Details can be found on the website www.northeastretrogaming.com

Wow, looking forward to a second visit to the North East.

Concerning to the slight hope of 2 being your Predator making it over in time. Hope so but we have our fingers crosses to get one for the Northern Lights and we are hoping to, but its going to take some luck.

Stranger things have happened so who knows.

Its got the makings of a cracking show Phil.
Last years show was great and this years is going to blow it out of the water.
Nice work Phil.

Over the weekend of NERG, Jon Stoodley will be attempting to complete the Perfect Pac-Man game LIVE!

From Wikipedia – “A perfect Pac-Man game occurs when the player achieves the maximum possible score on the first 255 levels (by eating every possible dot, power pellet, fruit, and enemy) without losing a single life, and then scoring as many points as possible in the last level. As verified by the Twin Galaxies International Scoreboard on July 3, 1999, the first person to achieve this maximum possible score (3,333,360 points) was Billy Mitchell of Hollywood, Florida, who performed the feat in about six hours.

In September 2009, David Race of Beavercreek, Ohio, became the sixth person to achieve a perfect score. His time of 3 hours, 41 minutes, and 22 seconds set a new record for the fastest time to obtain a perfect score. As of September 2010, six players have earned a perfect score.

In December 1982, an 8-year-old boy, Jeffrey R. Yee, supposedly received a letter from U.S. President Ronald Reagan congratulating him on a worldwide record of 6,131,940 points, a score only possible if he had passed the unbeatable Split-Screen Level. In September 1983, Walter Day, chief scorekeeper at Twin Galaxies, took the US National Video Game Team on a tour of the East Coast to visit video game players who claimed they could get through the Split-Screen Level. No video game player could demonstrate this ability. In 1999, Billy Mitchell offered $100,000 to anyone who could pass through the Split-Screen Level before January 1, 2000. The prize was never claimed.”

Hi Phil, do you know if anyone will be selling sheets of pinball glass or side mirrors?

If not does anyone attending the show have some for sale?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hey man, I know Phil from Pinball Heaven will be attending on Saturday so you could place an order with him.

Just in! A massive collection of Twin Galaxies trading cards courtesy of Walter Day himself. A very kind donation for the raffle in aid of Bright Red!

After the success and popularity in 2013, NERG(North East Retro Gaming) is back on the weekend of July 5th & 6th 2014

Held at Gateshead International Stadium, the same venue as last year, with the intention of acquiring more machines for your entertainment.

"Same venue, more machines!"

Ticket prices have been held at £15 per day or £25 for the weekend.

Tickets are on sale now for everyone in the North East at That Retro Games Shop in Grainger Market, Newcastle.

Online ticket purchases will be available shortly.

Only 900 tickets available!

An agreed rate has been arranged with the Ramada Encore hotel at £50 B&B per room per night. To get this rate, quote NERG: -

http://www.encorenewcastlegateshead.co.uk/

The NERG 2014 website is currently under construction.

Could all willing machine donors please get in touch with me via PM or via email - philip@northeastretrogaming.com

Thanks,

Philip
www.northeastretrogaming.com
https://www.facebook.com/NorthEastRetroGamingLimited?ref=hl
Twitter - @NERGOfficial
Phil what the arrangement for bringing the pin up this weekend for NERG - ie. when Friday night or sat morning and how to gain access/passes etc ?

You lot enjoy yourselves :(

Sorry I couldn't attend. I got the look from the wife. IE the I'll be 8 months pregnant and you're off enjoying yourself for a weekend.

Then she broke her arm.... and the MIL is coming up this weekend again.

Bugger.

I'll be thinking of you while I'm at my breast feeding class :(

Phil what the arrangement for bringing the pin up this weekend for NERG - ie. when Friday night or sat morning and how to gain access/passes etc ?

Yo dude!

You can come up Friday afternoon if you like. We'll be there till 7pm. Hopefully set up by 5pm with 2 hours of gaming for us.

Or you can come on Saturday morning. I'll be there from 8am. Just pull up by the sports hall. One of the side doors will be open.

Yo dude!

You can come up Friday afternoon if you like. We'll be there till 7pm. Hopefully set up by 5pm with 2 hours of gaming for us.

Or you can come on Saturday morning. I'll be there from 8am. Just pull up by the sports hall. One of the side doors will be open.
hi phil if sat morning what the latest time for setup?

have fun you lot at your weekend in Gateshead.
make sure you take lots of pics and preferably video too, so we can all enjoy it as well afterwards. oh, and if you get a chance to show any of the forum folks' faces, let us know in a voiceover so we can see what you all look like. do a nice walkthrough and remember to zoom in on any nice tits.

i'm super jealous, nothing beats a weekend away chock full of drinking and gaming with your mates. 50 pins eh? i hope Pred makes it.

Back
Top Bottom