What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MET vs. Maiden - which is your favourite? (as of Dec 2018)

MET vs. Maiden - which is currently your favourite? (as of Dec 2018)

• MET

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Maiden

Votes: 33 61.1%

• Total voters
With that said there are a lot of vgc/near mint machines that come up for sale, many being HUO or operated in well curated locations.

Seems to me that MET and MDN is good to pick up in PRO, Ac/Dc less so.

All 3 are great to mod if you enjoy that sort of thing :)

@Spadge where did you pick up that premium translite, that is for me the only thing that the Pro is missing, I love that translite.

@Spadge where did you pick up that premium translite, that is for me the only thing that the Pro is missing, I love that translite.

For sale on Sterns site, I thought the pro translite wasn’t the strongest (sold it). I have ordered an alternate one which I’m awaiting but am 50/50 if I’ll replace the current premium one.

Translites on the way include one for my AC/DC (I use the premium art of angus rather than Luci, which I think isn’t great) and the Iron Maiden.

FC55E921-6D6C-4A7E-8B8F-8D4FBE82B9AB.jpeg7737895D-7287-4F5C-970B-FC456153AED6.jpeg

@Spadge you have
Translite switch, colour dmd, invisiglass, sub hook up done. Waiting for alternate translite and mods to come.

View attachment 77212
3 of the best right there, I have 2 of 3 but to get a Metallica in my home, I would need to either sell or trade in my rarely used un-marked, mint condition Namco PAC Man Arcade Party Coin Op - as I would need to free up some room - Good effort on your collection ?

Watching Keith play his game is incredible. This trooper MB is sensational. The man is a God:)

Also, the way he has designed the rules, there are just so many different ways to blow up the game so tournament players don't all use same strategy.

Watching Keith play his game is incredible. This trooper MB is sensational. The man is a God:)

Also, the way he has designed the rules, there are just so many different ways to blow up the game so tournament players don't all use same strategy.

Roughly where in that video? It’s a long one.

EDIT: about 4hrs 50mins onwards.

Last edited:
5 hours and 9 minutes for start of amazing trooper MB.

Best player ever!

On the best game ever?

(I've barely played it)

Possibly - but it's not for everyone.

I can't think of a better coded game though.

Lyman is superb but there are areas in TWD, MET, AC/DC that could be better, whereas Maiden doesn't seem to have deficiencies.

Going to be very interesting to see if his second game can come close to this one.

is it hooked up to a sub? You could share 1 sub between those 2 Sterns.

If not; do it.

It’s certianly on the possible list... I just like to keep the place tidy and as few things around as possible (in doing room at moment). That said if I decide to move in next couple of weeks they might be tombstones for a bit ?

Nik, I’ve got a few subs around the machines now and splitters and stuff - and still have 2 10” cab speakers to fit in acdc and Met.

Now I own all 3:-
ACDC Luci - Is one tough Cookie , very punishing game for me
Iron Maiden Pro - love this game so much in all aspects - call outs are cool as is the animations and shots.
Metallica Premium - After only a few days playing, I can see how much effort has went into this game. It rocks - this is the better game out of the 3 titles for me. Definitely the most polished in terms of shots, call outs, multi balls and light show. It helps also that I love the band 👍 but I also love the music from the other two so that’s not the deciding factor. What a game .......
Really happy with all 3 and are rooted to the spot

Last edited:
the grandad rock trifecta!

I have MET and Maiden and we have an AC/DC at the club. in my view Maiden just pips it. I think they are all good games. I think on all these games you need the premium...

I have MET and Maiden and we have an AC/DC at the club. in my view Maiden just pips it. I think they are all good games. I think on all these games you need the premium...

I have all 3, I had a pro maiden but modified beyond a premium :) just waiting for powder coat. I think IM pips it but love all three.

You have the mode start with the ramp? That’s what is really different with the premium and in my view makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Iron Maiden Pro - love this game so much in all aspects - call outs are cool as is the animations and shots.
Metallica Premium - After only a few days playing, I can see how much effort has went into this game. It rocks - this is the better game out of the 3 titles for me. Definitely the most polished in terms of shots, call outs, multi balls and light show. It helps also that I love the band 👍 but I also love the music from the other two so that’s not the deciding factor. What a game .......

Good to hear your purchase turned out well and that you're enjoying it :)

It's a brilliant game, for all player levels.

You have the mode start with the ramp? That’s what is really different with the premium and in my view makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Agree, the left ramp comes into play on the premium, difficult shot through the pops and makes a big difference imho.

I've got all 3 too, plus Aerosmith which I know you love!! Premium for imdn and AC/DC definitely, but not sure about Met. Pro with total light show works for me.

I've got all 3 too, plus Aerosmith which I know you love!! Premium for imdn and AC/DC definitely, but not sure about Met. Pro with total light show works for me.
The Premium is the way to go - but Met Pro is amazing value, and hardly a compromise. TLS is great, having fitted one myself (into the machine now at Flip-Out)

Meant to ask: did you update MET to latest v1.8 code?

Back
Top Bottom