MET vs. Maiden - which is your favourite? (as of Dec 2018)

MET vs. Maiden - which is currently your favourite? (as of Dec 2018)

• MET

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Maiden

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorkshire
Love Metallica... Pro & Premium. Not for the music (doesn't offend me, suits the game style): like the toys, gameplay, lights/sounds, arts, rules, dots etc...

Have played Maiden (at Tilt) where i couldn't really hear it and the flippers felt a bit weak - maybe just well played - but i really enjoyed that too. Didn't get chance to look at the screen much!

Begs the question:

Which game do you prefer based on the experience TODAY?

Pro vs. Pro, or Prem vs. Prem?

Poll is just for fun, reasoning in the comments if you want.

Met 's code was recently updated. Maiden seems to be very mature, but still WIP.

I'm not a NIB man, mainly because they're expensive, but also like to wait for a game to be 'done'. I may be tempted by Maiden in the new year though!

There is roughly a 5 yr gap between these games.

Last edited:

mark9

Site Supporter
Sep 7, 2013
Lincoln, Uk
I’ve owned both pro’s, sold both recently with the hope of buying premiums in the future.

Iron Maiden has awesome rules, that felt complete even before the latest updates.
Having 4 flippers is a huge bonus. Not a huge Maiden fan so the music does grate after a while. The large LCD is no game changer, personally think it would have been just as good with a Stern dmd, (or rather a Color DMD).

Metallica also has great rules, but not as easy to learn as Maiden. The music is better, and I’m not a big Metallica fan either but more so now than before I bought the pin! Metallica has more flow ( mainly because the difficult shot through the pop bumpers kills the flow on Maiden). My Met also had better lightshow however that was modded, kept stock leds in IMDN .

Both games are amongst Stern’s very best, hard to chose which is better, I think Met edges it for me with longer lastability but I could change my mind if I ever get to own premiums.

mark9

Site Supporter
Sep 7, 2013
Lincoln, Uk
Always a good question, the extras never add up to the price difference I agree.

But I can't sleep at night knowing I've only owned the economy version. Could you imagine TZ without the clock and gumball machine?

Also forgot to mention the plastics on Iron Maiden look cheap, but I'm obviously in the minority as I'm the only one voting for Met so far :D.

Replay

Jul 21, 2011
Love both games.

Found MET a bit grindy on old code, to get to CIU.

Hear it's a lot better now.

Love MET call outs by the band. Love CIU modes.

IM - scoring is more progressive, dynamic. The LCD is pretty decent. Personally not bothered about premium as the additional mechs can be a pita.

So, Maiden for me.

And I'll say it anyway. KISS on the new code is better than both:p Using playfield multipliers, the size of the jackpots can be insanely high. But, I know KISS is like Popeye to some;)

kevlar

Apr 11, 2013
Newport, South Wales
I voted maiden, mainly for the 4 flipper layout, very cleverly done. MET has plenty of toys which I like, IMDN actually has none, but the layout, rules and 4 flippers cancels that out for me. @mark9 is right about IMDN plastics, they look very cheap and colourless, almost like repro's . The left ramp shot is tight on IMDN but the the flow around the loop off the upper right flipper is awesome when you get that going for multiple loop jackpots.

OP
OP
Monkeyboypaul
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorkshire
I voted maiden, mainly for the 4 flipper layout, very cleverly done. MET has plenty of toys which I like, IMDN actually has none, but the layout, rules and 4 flippers cancels that out for me. @mark9 is right about IMDN plastics, they look very cheap and colourless, almost like repro's . The left ramp shot is tight on IMDN but the the flow around the loop off the upper right flipper is awesome when you get that going for multiple loop jackpots.
The loop feels like Shadow or Stern Star Trek.

Still can’t get over how the flipper layout is reminiscent of TZ ... and for the record I really like TZ .

It feels like I need an Iron Maiden in 2019 sometime. And I’ll keep Metallica too :thumbs:

I don’t mind the music on either, but don’t own an album from either band. My musical interest is very broad...

Last edited: