What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MET vs. Maiden - which is your favourite? (as of Dec 2018)

MET vs. Maiden - which is currently your favourite? (as of Dec 2018)

• MET

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Maiden

Votes: 33 61.1%

• Total voters
Is that a Pro with the Premium translite @Spadge?

Leaning heavily towards the Pro sometime in 2019 on this one... unlike Met’s hammer, which seems pretty reliable, I don’t want to be faffing about with Maiden’s Premium toys all the time just to be able to play it. I appreciate they’re cool, better, fully featured game as designed, but I don’t have the time nor patience these days!

Meanwhile, the results so far:
View attachment 77194

Yes it’s a pro. I preferred the premium translite. Acdc will get another translite too.

Yes it’s a pro. I preferred the premium translite. Acdc will get another translite too.
Agree, Premium translite is better on IMDN.
Personally I like the Luci artwork though - bright and bold! Better than standard Prem anyway.

I prefer the on stage art from the original rather than the luci art, but I have another on order which I prefer as in keeping with the luci cab and playfield art.

ED07CC0F-D323-46EA-84A4-199D92A03B13.jpeg

I strongly advise those who want IMDN to go for the Pro.

The captive ball and mummy sarcophagus mech are utter ****e. Honestly, Blue Peter and a bunch of 7 year olds could do better with fairy liquid bottles and sticky back plastic.

IMDN is the better game. I recently had my first decent game of MET ever at SWL with a score of just under 200M (normally I score 2m!). MET is a good game but as WWJ says it never ever feels like you are chopping wood on IMDN. OK apart from Power Ramps, where its more like Power Posts! You can't compare either of these to AC-DC as its simply not in the same league.

Thanks Neil, it does sound like a troublesome game in the Prem/LE format.

Never clicked with AC/DC, genuinely preferred Spideman. Would love a Luci still :)

Not played too much IMDN (but World Slavery Tour at Man Apollo was my first ever gig...), but so far MET has it for me. @mark9 your Pro is now more Promium and will be all the way plus some (minus the hammer) before I’m done. I just can’t get on with any of the games I’ve played that inject the ball halfway up - it just feels wrong. @Spadge ’s IMDN is a thing of beauty, and I might feel different if I can distract him from modding long enough to play it... but I have MET more in front than anyone else I think. It’s custom topper when it arrives and some music mods (all with Metallica playing ?) make it very personal to me and it’s never going anywhere.

Own both me met and pro(thankfully)imdn.
For me met just edges it. Can't go wrong with either

Yet another Maiden update last night.

V1.06.0 - January 9, 2018
===========================
- Attract Mode - added Legacy of the Beast 2019 tour dates
- Revive - 'advance revive' is now lit when you don't have both outlane saves lit
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where EDDIE letters could be lost between first ball and second ball in a multiplayer game
- Drop Targets - progress towards 'light lock' is restored if it was skipped because trooper locks could not be lit from other running modes
- Flight of Icarus - changed starting award to 2M and increment by 150K (was starting at 1M and increment by 250K)
- Eddie Cards - collecting level 1 - boosts power jackpot 5M
- Eddie Cards - collecting Level 2 - boosts power jackpot 15M
- Eddie Cards - collecting Level 2 - now shows display effect with current EDDIE card status (used to just be a callout)
- Two Minutes to Midnight - intro now displays all shot awards and their values in a sorted list
- Timed Battle Modes - "Add Time" Mystery award is not available anymore in grace (it will choose a different eligible mystery award)
- Loop Jackpots - added new flasher lamp effect when awarded
- Soul Shard - added new background / collected lamp effects
- Danger / Tilt - graphics now updated to use nuke console / mushroom cloud videos
- Audits - fixed Rime of the Ancient Mariner audits that were not chalking properly
- Audits - fixed left / right drains in system audits

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'LIMIT RIGHT UP POST USE' - defaults to YES, which will not raise the Right Up Post for mode starts, change to NO to revert to old behavior
- added 'TOUR DATES IN ATTRACT MODE' - defaults to YES
- moved 'PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS' from GAME to STANDARD adjustment menus

- System - Updated to V2.19
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.28.0

- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".

- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.

- Added new standard adjustment "PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS" which is default to YES.

- Added attract mode tutorial videos for inserting coins, pressing start button,
using ball plunger, and flipper buttons.

- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and minimum
and maximum headphones volume level. This will limit the selectable volume range
from the service menu Plus and Minus keys and the headphones rotary dial.

- Added support for 6th coin switch.

- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.

- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
- "OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit
- "FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers
a credit
- "ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted
money registers a credit. Adding multiple credits
simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only start
a one player game or add a single player.
Default setting is "OFF"

- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments:
- "FLASH LAMP POWER"
- "COIL PULSE POWER"
- "BILL VALIDATOR"
- "TEAM SCORES"
- "CONSOLATION BALL".

- Removed Standard Adjustments:
- "COIN DOOR BALL SAVE"
- "COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
- "COIN DOOR OPEN NODE BUS POWER"
from games which do not have a coin door interlock switch.

Elwin's rules and Rick is his go to guy!
One of the reasons Maiden is so good is that Elwin is the best player of all time so he knows a thing or two;)

True - i wasn't sure if he'd got his hands too dirty with the software or not. But i appreciate he had the rule-set pretty much nailed when it came to the playfield layout, so could clearly direct a software developer.

I'd like a Pro. Or a Premium with multiple mechanical issues.

Minor update really, but welcome :) love my pro/promium! Can’t wait to enjoy it fully. Nice that’s it’s flanked by Met and ac/dc in the lineup.

Which version of Metalica was the best? I might have to get one
Different debate for different thread, but i owned a Pro & loved it. So much so i sold it and bought a low play Premium within minutes. The Pro is exceptional value, and stand-alone a great game, but i preferred the full-fat features of the Premium. Would happily own both!

The lights and hammer are a must on MET on IMDN get a pro the agro of the LE/premium isn’t worth it although the LE artwork is pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
No hammer though? I’m out! Lol

Toppers not here nik and it’s just a big acdc logo, in topper wars IMDN wins.

Too early to call which plays best, but probably still Met/mdn

Playing maiden again after a break from it annoying me with stupid mech issues - and it simply is so much better than MET and AC-DC. All good games but IMDN is the clear winner.

Playing maiden again after a break from it annoying me with stupid mech issues - and it simply is so much better than MET and AC-DC. All good games but IMDN is the clear winner.

Maiden is different, for sure.

MET and Maiden are so much easier than AC/DC.

AC/DC just kills you with missed shots - brutal.

I love all 3 games, but the 2 loops on Maiden really make a difference.

It just never gets old trying to hit those loops and get ever increasing jackpots. Biggest I have seen is over 100 million ( not by me;) ).

Hmm I’d have put IMDN harder than AC/DC but both tough. I struggle with the ramp shots on IMDN.

Hmm I’d have put IMDN harder than AC/DC but both tough. I struggle with the ramp shots on IMDN.

Maybe harder to complete - RTTH versus Encore.

I know my game audits will probably show my Maiden games are at least twice as long as my AC/DC games;)

Despite loving these 3 games, I still think KISS is better than them all.

The new code is fantastic.

I don't know another game that you can blow up like you can on KISS.

Of course I haven't done it, but possible to get a 6 billion Super Jackpot on KISS Army!

Back
Top Bottom