What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loving the System 11s tonight

Would like to try a System 11 to add a bit of variety to the collection.

I'd like an EATPM if anyone has one coming up for sale.

I do love my space station!
the high score light show/music is insane!

The Space Station in my care had program L-3. Among the spare chips in a drawer was L-5, so I tried installing it. The program worked, but blew solenoid fuses during the high score routine. As far as I could see, the solenoid extender turned off at some point during the light show, so that coils were pulsing instead of flashbulbs. It's one of Williams' last games without a 'switch' to show the status of the solenoid extender

"I'm your host, Keith McTeeth." :D

I've never even seen Game Show, but I heard that sunglasses are recommended when playing it

I always see B/O/P and FunHouse as honorary system 11 as the display tech is the same. whereas system 9 I don't as only have numeric displays although board very similar

Could you not make an exception for Space Shuttle?

I fired up banzai today for the first time in a few weeks. Along with funhouse and fish tales.

Banzai is the dogs. I frikkin love this thing.

It is too close to call between BR, SoF and Space Station

The problem with SoF though is that damned "Lion Man" callout. I hate it so much that it has put me off buying one

As someone who owns Banzai Run, Space Station and Swords of Fury I'd say BR has the best music (@stoptap you're totally right about the King of the Hill tune) with SS and SoF tying for 2nd place :thumbs: Can't go wrong with any of them though, they're some of the best pinball machines ever made IMO :D

It is too close to call between BR, SoF and Space Station

The problem with SoF though is that damned "Lion Man" callout. I hate it so much that it has put me off buying one
Lionman! [emoji3]

The only other negative to SOF is that it is way way way too easy to repeatedly 'find the power ' and start multiball.

Lionman! [emoji3]

However that can be forgiven as the whole package us just so damn cool.

Lionman! [emoji3]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I would also add that in order to get the king of the hill music you also have to complete one of the most demanding jackpot shots in pinball. It is a true jackpot shot and deserves the best toons in pinball.

Complete the 4 banks of 3x standups, this can be done over the course of the game
Then hit the relevant 4 shots in the upper pf, this can be done over the course of the game
Lock the ball in the upper pf to start the two ball multiball
Thread a very tight shot into the saucer through the pops
Get the other ball back to the upper pf within 20 seconds
Ge to the top of the upper pf, then you have one shot at the captive ball. I might hit it once out of four
If you miss you get the remainder of your 20 seconds to have another go before the saucer kicks the ball out

Fabulous, fabulous stuff

Modern Sterns give out jackpots like machine guns. On system 11 games you had to earn them

I think games of this era are fantastic also. Bally has some superb games, one I want to get is Strange Science which I absolutely loved at Pinburgh.

Back
Top Bottom