What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

Yeah, the inverted blast zone shot by holding up the mini flipper and shooting across the playfield. Nice to see it come back 👍

It looks like fantastic fun to me 😊

Elwins game at the end when he made it to Rescue multiball when he had 3 balls trapped with the mini flipper and was staging with the remaining ball, so cool!

The guy just knows how to create amazing pinball machines

I've warmed to it a lot after last nights stream. I'm looking forward to pro vs premium opinions once a lot of you have played it this week.

Nick Weyna did something pretty amazing as well at 1hr41mins.

He's in multiball and gets one trapped up with the little flipper and one on the right flipper. He staged it so that he could make a shot with the top flipper whilst keeping the ball on the lower flipper trapped. Then continued the combo into the same position again and then stages it in the other way, keeping the ball trapped with the upper flipper and playing with the ball on the right flipper 🤯

It all just looks so much fun!

Stream was definitely the most impressive thing they’ve put out so far, looked great though of course they are all excellent players and it would play quite differently for less talented people. Definitely looking forward to trying one out on location, whenever I can find one.

I played both versions today at EAG.

From watching gameplay on YouTube I didn’t think it would be anything special. But I have to say Elwin has created flow magic again on the playfield.

I spent most of my time on the pro version and had some good games and saw quite a few of the modes. Good amount of code already in the gameplay.

I didn’t miss the top pf at all as it was quite difficult to actually make the shots once the ball was up there. It’s a shame the boat/shark mech is missing from the pro but a lot of fun still to be had bashing the same shot as in the premium.

Overall the pro is better value for money with better artwork. In person the premium artwork isn’t that great imho.
If you’ve got the money go for the premium/LE as it has a couple more mechs. I’m tempted to go for a pro.

I feel the gameplay of games will be quite long similar to GZ with a lot to see and do.
IMG_6496.jpegIMG_6504.jpeg

When I was a kid we had a dog named Blackie, it belonged to some West Indian people in Northampton who had it chained up in the garden. My parents friends lived next door and got it for us as it was unwanted (German Shepherd/Border Collie cross). This was in the 80’s and we lived in a West London council estate, used to get some looks calling him but luckily most people on the estate knew us😮‍💨😂

Posted some brief thoughts in the EAG thread, but I’m normally a Premium buyer and after playing both the Pro and Prem yesterday I really think Pro is the way to go on this one.

The only thing I‘d really miss from the Premium is the drop targets. It really felt like the upper playfield was added onto the Pro layout as an upsell, as opposed to being an integral part of the game that was stripped out for the Pro. It really isn’t very satisfying, and I prefer that shot returning to the upper flipper on the Pro . The boat that raises to reveal Jaws is fun, sure, but I don’t think it’s £3k of fun.

I’m tempted, but it doesn’t feel like you get very much for £8k.

Looks like the lighting really pops in darker environments. The back of the playfield with the blue lights seems a lot nicer and I bet they have a few modes (Night Swim) that tie in with having an amazing light show so to speak.

Jaws_Lighting.JPG

That’s because you’re not but for the last few years you never really have. Stern have just been super clever at hiding it with Yeti’s busy artwork.

Off the top of my head the mechs (using that term loosely but I had to list something 😂) are pretty similar between Pro models.

Godzilla
• 1 x Captive Ball (Magnet)
• 3 x Spinners
• 1 x Pop
• 1 x Scoop

Venom
• 1 x Captive Ball w/ Vari Target/Rail
• 2 x Pops?
• 1 x Scoop
• 2 x Fast Locks

Jaws
• 2 x Captive Ball
• 2 x Spinners (1 x Horizontal 1 x Vertical)
• 1 x Pop
• 1 x Moving Drop

Pretty sad we're counting glorified switches as mechs now!! (captive ball, spinner)

I'd guess that the metal ramps and long bendy wireforms add more cost to the BOM - could be wrong though.
Agree, spinners probably cost them $1 each they buy so many. Not a mech.

Pretty sad we're counting glorified switches as mechs now!! (captive ball, spinner)

I'd guess that the metal ramps and long bendy wireforms add more cost to the BOM - could be wrong though.
I know but as I said above I had to count something otherwise my post would have been blank 😂

The reality is there are often no genuine mechs on Pros anymore, Yeti’s awesome but busy artwork has just hidden it well.

Posted some brief thoughts in the EAG thread, but I’m normally a Premium buyer and after playing both the Pro and Prem yesterday I really think Pro is the way to go on this one.

The only thing I‘d really miss from the Premium is the drop targets. It really felt like the upper playfield was added onto the Pro layout as an upsell, as opposed to being an integral part of the game that was stripped out for the Pro. It really isn’t very satisfying, and I prefer that shot returning to the upper flipper on the Pro . The boat that raises to reveal Jaws is fun, sure, but I don’t think it’s £3k of fun.

I am in on a pro. My thoughts pretty much match what you say layout wise after i saw the info released. As theme is king for me, i go into these things usually after i see the layouts.

My first mod though is going to be retro fitting a drop target 3 bank to the pro. To see if its possible anyway. A little extra custom control board if required is no problem to match whatever the premium control is.

My first mod though is going to be retro fitting a drop target 3 bank to the pro. To see if its possible anyway. A little extra custom control board if required is no problem to match whatever the premium control is.
It has been done in the past, I think it may have been on Pinside the guy who did the total lightshow mod stuff managed to add spinners to met pro and drop targets in place of stand ups to multiple games.

It has been done in the past, I think it may have been on Pinside the guy who did the total lightshow mod stuff managed to add spinners to met pro and drop targets in place of stand ups to multiple games.
Yes i don't see it being a big problem mechanically. It just depends what the code differences are in the rules if any.

Back
Top Bottom