What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

I don't mind waiting for code so long as you know it's definitely going to get regular updates and be a great game once finished. There's no guarantees though.

Reactions: Jib
I don't mind waiting for code so long as you know it's definitely going to get regular updates and be a great game once finished. There's no guarantees though.
I’m mixed on it, it’s a journey both good and bad. There were times I wanted to sell FF because I wasn’t enjoying it anymore but I didn't want to sell before completed code in case I changed my mind and wanted it back. I enjoyed the layout though and then last code update switched it back to loving it for me.

It does make it easier to learn a game I think as it’s broken into chunks. It’s also made me keep a game longer and play it more than I probably would if I got it at completed code. But sometimes it’s felt like it’s just taking up a space while waiting for code, I could have had something else for a year and then got FF when I moved that on.

I can’t decide if it’s been good or bad!

Looking forward to the stream tonight. I know I'll get Jaws at some point but I'm wondering whether I'll stick to my sensible plan of waiting for 1.0 code or if the stream will convince me to get one early!
I actually enjoy the code journey on new games. Its quite a ride often

1705342422959.png

Rob & Davey don the wet weather gear and hit the open waters this week, calibrating the pinball mod sonar and pointing it squarely at JAWS - Stern’s brand new pinball machine. We lavish gushing praise on the good, and heap ball munching scorn on the bad, all for your slightly bemused entertainment.

No one is safe from the sh1t talking harpoon gun!

In Before the Lock goes live tonight at 10PM GMT / 5PM EST on Twitch and YouTube.

View attachment 242164

Rob & Davey don the wet weather gear and hit the open waters this week, calibrating the pinball mod sonar and pointing it squarely at JAWS - Stern’s brand new pinball machine. We lavish gushing praise on the good, and heap ball munching scorn on the bad, all for your slightly bemused entertainment.

No one is safe from the sh1t talking harpoon gun!

In Before the Lock goes live tonight at 10PM GMT / 5PM EST on Twitch and YouTube.
Great stuff will catch up with it later.

Remember Stern's Jaws gameplay stream is also at 10PM tonight. You may get more mod ideas from this stream also, depending on what they show.

Reactions: Jib
Great stuff will catch up with it later.

Remember Stern's Jaws gameplay stream is also at 10PM tonight. You may get more mod ideas from this stream also, depending on what they show.

Yup we're complete muppets, and didn't realise the overlap.

We'll delay.

I'd love to Davey. I keep missing the live streams... It's my intention to push a Road Show mod challenge.🤣

I'm on earlies so maybe next time😔

It is funny reading this thread. Pretty sure this will be another incredible game. The guy making it lives and breathes this stuff more than anyone. He's also had the longest he's ever had on a game to work on this one. Anyone worrying about code, I honestly don't think you need to be, he won't sleep until it is the vision of the game that be wanted. That 16 minute spliced together game was just teasers, pretty hastily put together. Tonight will be a truer reflection of the game.

In Elwin we Trust

It is funny reading this thread. Pretty sure this will be another incredible game. The guy making it lives and breathes this stuff more than anyone. He's also had the longest he's ever had on a game to work on this one. Anyone worrying about code, I honestly don't think you need to be, he won't sleep until it is the vision of the game that be wanted. That 16 minute spliced together game was just teasers, pretty hastily put together. Tonight will be a truer reflection of the game.

In Elwin we Trust
I'm not worried about the code/ game being good. I'm just undecided if I want to wait so I can play the complete game as soon as I have it

I've only got one eye on it but looks like a long player? The lady was on there for what felt like forever on that one ball.
Most modern Sterns are long players to be fair (except BK3 :D). Plus on Jaws all 5 major shots return the ball to a flipper, the right outlane has the nudge save, and the left outlane has a software ball save.

It does look like it shoots great - I like that flipper lock feature in the MB it's really neat. Also how you can earn shark teeth in-game to spend on playing the challenge modes - hopefully a way for everyone to experience all the wizard modes!

That's better now seeing this gameplay. The audio and effects are good, really helps built up the intensity when shooting the fin and shark. The light show looks pretty good but need to see that in a darker environment. Really like the lock feature on the mini flipper and right lane ball save.

Looking forward to seeing the Pro stream. Though I am getting the feeling you are kinda seeing this here in a way, they are very very rarely shooting up into the upper playfield, or should I say they are making the shots but rarely making up there, many many times seeing the ball not make it all the way up that ramp and trickle back down.

The colleting teeth thing may work and may make you play more, collecting in game currency to play the other modes outside the game. That may end up how the way how you will play as the shark mode.

There is some real nice use of the film clips. It does look good and looking forward to having a game at EAG..

But I sti feel that the shark not swallowing the ball is such a missed opportunity and would knock it out tbe park

40 mins in the girl played that multiball really well. Makes me want to play the game . . . . well, buy the game to be fair 😂

It's not FOMO . . . I'm just greedy and really want one.

Haven't watched it yet, but in general I think it looks great. Shark doesn't need to eat the ball, if they tried to do that and it wasn't fun why not believe them?
Most things like that get boring quick anyway.

Only games that eat the ball and it works well are Roadshow and funhouse 😉😉😉

Last edited:
Have there been any locations confirmed to get either a pro/prem or the LE (would love to see the cabinet and backglass on the LE)? Will definitely have to plan a trip if so 😅

Back
Top Bottom