What's new

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

I think it looks good but can’t help thinking how Medieval Madness had pop up trolls - Ghost Busters had the budget version Scolari Brothers (small pop up targets). And Monster Bash had Dracula coming out of his coffin - Jaws you get a tiny pop up target with a sticker of a fin on it! Just a reasonably sized toy fin moving across the playfield (hidden from sight when not in use) would have been so cool.

Fingers crossed the rules, music & the atmosphere bring it all together 🤞🏻

the shark fin mini flipper on Baywatch is almost in the same place. Anyone whose got some NOS of these is on to a winner!

bw.jpg

I think it looks good but can’t help thinking how Medieval Madness had pop up trolls - Ghost Busters had the budget version Scolari Brothers (small pop up targets). And Monster Bash had Dracula coming out of his coffin - Jaws you get a tiny pop up target with a sticker of a fin on it! Just a reasonably sized toy fin moving across the playfield (hidden from sight when not in use) would have been so cool.

Fingers crossed the rules, music & the atmosphere bring it all together 🤞🏻
They mentioned on the Stern panel discussion why they didn't use a fin shaped target because a fin shaped target "is nature's jump ramp", air balls were awful, balls were flying everywhere off it, including on to the upper playfield.

The target has a backer made of reclaimed carbon fibre from the aerospace industry.

the shark fin mini flipper on Baywatch is almost in the same place. Anyone whose got some NOS of these is on to a winner!

View attachment 241304
Someone on Pinside has produced some new ones with some airbrushing, they look very good. Except it doesn’t make sense on Jaws for the mini flipper as that’s the harpoon flipper.

My workshop lineup 3 is going to be

Whitewater, Jaws, Baywatch.

The perfect water theme set! It has been the dream to realise for quite some time! And is my solid 3 era board test set to (wpc, spike, de system 3)

They mentioned on the Stern panel discussion why they didn't use a fin shaped target because a fin shaped target "is nature's jump ramp", air balls were awful, balls were flying everywhere off it, including on to the upper playfield.

The target has a backer made of reclaimed carbon fibre from the aerospace industry.
Maybe the fin goes on top of the moving target, problem solved.

Then the fin wouldn't be able to dip below the playfield.
Hence me saying it would have to be out of sight when not in use (ie: behind something)

Do you reckon this is what their design meetings are like 😂…,”GARY - What do you reckon”
“Whatever’s cheapest!”

How in the hell I am getting the FOMO on this, and even on a Pro, they be made for years....

But I am really really getting drawn into this game. Long shots, appears super fast shooting, artwork (a change from the usual and feels kinda like 90s art, but I like the recent Bond art), right lane ball save nudge feature, retro sounds (I think not sure yet), figure eight real shot to mini left flipper, pretty packed for a Pro (compared to GZ and if you don't like upper playfields)

Keith not a fan of upper playfields, and even so made it fast playing. So the Pro should be super fast..

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 21.42.39.png

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 21.42.59.png

Look forward to seeing the gameplay on Sunday/early Monday morning.

Only thing I may be concerned about is if the levelling up rank type system is leaning towards the Venom type Insider features.

How in the hell I am getting the FOMO on this, and even on a Pro, they be made for years....

But I am really really getting drawn into this game. Long shots, appears super fast shooting, artwork (a change from the usual and feels kinda like 90s art, but I like the recent Bond art), right lane ball save nudge feature, retro sounds (I think not sure yet), figure eight real shot to mini left flipper, pretty packed for a Pro (compared to GZ and if you don't like upper playfields)

Keith not a fan of upper playfields, and even so made it fast playing. So the Pro should be super fast..

View attachment 241396

View attachment 241397

Look forward to seeing the gameplay on Sunday/early Monday morning.

Only thing I may be concerned about is if the levelling up rank type system is leaning towards the Venom type Insider features.

Not Fomo mate . . . you just really want to have one asap 😂😂😂 I'm exactly the same.

I will be getting a premium most likely after going to Texas and playing it.

Once here anyone on the fence are quite welcome to come to mine and try it … a pin will be going to buy it but the simple fact is this pin looks better than one or two I have, so a nice freshen up is in order !

Theme is a cracker
Art looks good and probably better in person
It’s packed and will be even better with mods to come
Full film assets
Elwin design

Just my two cents , the le is lovely but I don’t fancy losing 4k on it

Great work. Seriously it is gorgeous work, but is it only me who likes the simplicity of a coin door just being black.
I think you have a very solid point - about a year ago I thought all the games with excessive powdercoating,mods and other bits just looked a bit much. Just in this instance I wanted to try some colours because of all of it is mostly blue so the black really sticks out on the premium. There's definitely a very fine line between tacky and nice :D

Back
Top Bottom