What's new

Sold Indianapolis 500 - £3750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately this forum is starting to head in the wrong direction. When I first joined it was a place to get friendly advice, support and a bit of humour. I don't post that often, but did read most posts. I am finding myself reading less and less and avoiding when people decide to use it as a forum to bicker and make their point with a siege hammer, it's a shame.

It's a double edged sword unfortunately. A few years back pins for sale at silly money wouldn't sell on here and the market prices tended to regulate themselves.

Now everyone wants a pin the forum has exploded with new members who are willing to overpay. If you know you can get an extra £500 or £1000 for your game (especially in the current financial climate) then I certainly don't blame anyone for listing games at inflated prices.

But it's a vicious circle, while people are willing to pay over the odds for used games, and while Stern and JJP keep putting their prices up, we are probably never going to see the days again where you could get a decent game for sub £1k

It's a double edged sword unfortunately. A few years back pins for sale at silly money wouldn't sell on here and the market prices tended to regulate themselves.

Now everyone wants a pin the forum has exploded with new members who are willing to overpay. If you know you can get an extra £500 or £1000 for your game (especially in the current financial climate) then I certainly don't blame anyone for listing games at inflated prices.

But it's a vicious circle, while people are willing to pay over the odds for used games, and while Stern and JJP keep putting their prices up, we are probably never going to see the days again where you could get a decent game for sub £1k
Unfortunately those days are gone… I had my first 5 pins for €500. And that’s for the lot. €100/game. Betwene those tiles I had Bride of Pinbot, Diner, Batman Data East etc… Those were the days…

@Aladeran
If I understand right.. I disagree with your “it’s not due to supply and demand” it is. Lack of computer chips and materials does lead to manufactures not scaling up..

Do you think Stern wanted to miss a cornerstone game to clear back log..they certainly aren’t missing staff to “scale up” and get games out the door.

The price of an LE is now £12,500.. that is now a huge Chunk of change.. do you think Collectors can now afford these new pins.. No wonder people aren’t moving their pins on for something else beacause they aren’t available and cost £12.5K!

You say that you want a better price for a game, so a collector should buy a new game and then sell an older game for a bargain price just so a newbie can get a pin. :hmm:

That’s what your saying right? That a collector should take £1,000s hit.?

I didn’t think pinball collecting was a charity..

Maybe you should start a Go Fund Me.. see how far you get…

…that last comment was a it mean.. apologies

This forum has a lot of friendly folk.
You could visit a show, join a league and overtime someone might invite you over to play their pins… and dare I say lend a pin to you when you become a well known member..

Another for sale post de railed !
its really no wonder why people are preferring to use ebay/ Facebook/gumtree etc

Dont see the need to comment and criticise on the price of pins for sale, if you think it’s ovepriced, then move on and read another post.
Machines will either sell or they won’t !

I feel sorry for people putting machines up for sale on here, getting notifications of comments on the post, just to see people bickering and going backwards and forwards.

yes we all have opinions, but sometimes, it’s best to keep them to yourself !
You are right that my reply was not relevant to the "for sale" post. It's easier to carry on a conversation where it began, rather then move it somewhere else more appropriate. I am sorry.

It was not my intention to offend anyone, when I shared my frustrations about prices. I am truly sorry if I did. I was only trying to focus on my own experiences and frustrations as a newcomer.

I believe that there is a gap between those who recently joined and the veterans. The newcomers have to address specific issues that might not concern the veterans, and vice versa. I think that it could be beneficial, if each party was trying to understand the concerns of the other party.

I feel sorry for the newcomers and the enthousiasts on low income. It troubles me, that if one of them were to voice their frustrations about prices, they would be chastised by the community. It can be discouraging to be priced out of a hobby like pinball, especially as it was originally rooted as a public activity.

I praise those who are sharing their collection with others via clubs or other venues. I hope that playing pinball becomes popular again, so that people would be able to attend a local "arcade" once again.

I won't say more on this post :)

You are right that my reply was not relevant to the "for sale" post. It's easier to carry on a conversation where it began, rather then move it somewhere else more appropriate. I am sorry.

It was not my intention to offend anyone, when I shared my frustrations about prices. I am truly sorry if I did. I was only trying to focus on my own experiences and frustrations as a newcomer.

I believe that there is a gap between those who recently joined and the veterans. The newcomers have to address specific issues that might not concern the veterans, and vice versa. I think that it could be beneficial, if each party was trying to understand the concerns of the other party.

I feel sorry for the newcomers and the enthousiasts on low income. It troubles me, that if one of them were to voice their frustrations about prices, they would be chastised by the community. It can be discouraging to be priced out of a hobby like pinball, especially as it was originally rooted as a public activity.

I praise those who are sharing their collection with others via clubs or other venues. I hope that playing pinball becomes popular again, so that people would be able to attend a local "arcade" once again.

Likewise mate, if you're looking for a pin and have a budget in mind, be vocal about it. Something will come up and by making yourself and your situation known its more than likely you'll have people in your corner letting you know when something comes up in your price range.

They might not be the A tier titles but guaranteed you'll find something, have fun, learn to fix and then be on your way to other games.

@Aladeran
If I understand right.. I disagree with your “it’s not due to supply and demand” it is. Lack of computer chips and materials does lead to manufactures not scaling up..

Do you think Stern wanted to miss a cornerstone game to clear back log..they certainly aren’t missing staff to “scale up” and get games out the door.

The price of an LE is now £12,500.. that is now a huge Chunk of change.. do you think Collectors can now afford these new pins.. No wonder people aren’t moving their pins on for something else beacause they aren’t available and cost £12.5K!

You say that you want a better price for a game, so a collector should buy a new game and then sell an older game for a bargain price just so a newbie can get a pin. :hmm:

That’s what your saying right? That a collector should take £1,000s hit.?

I didn’t think pinball collecting was a charity..

Maybe you should start a Go Fund Me.. see how far you get…

…that last comment was a it mean.. apologies

This forum has a lot of friendly folk.
You could visit a show, join a league and overtime someone might invite you over to play their pins… and dare I say lend a pin to you when you become a well known member..
Thanks for your kind, helpful and respectful reply.

About your statement "That’s what your saying right? That a collector should take £1,000s hit.?"

Absolutely not. I obviously did not explain my perspective very well. I decided to become vulnerable by sharing my frustration at finding affordable and interesting pinballs. I also did not hide that I was upset. My emotions are what they are, it's not something that I want to analyse. How many people do you think have used the same words or experienced the same negative emotions, but kept quiet about them?

I specified in my original reply that the FT seller was pleasant and did nothing wrong. I was not rude to him or disrespectful. It does not mean that I don't feel upset about the £500 increase.

You say that you want a better price for a game, so a collector should buy a new game and then sell an older game for a bargain price just so a newbie can get a pin.

Absolutely not. Yes, I hope that prices will become affordable again. I have no expectations concerning the seller.

Now that you mentioned that, it would be a nice gesture, if a collector was able to help someone less fortunate by lending a machine or provide a discount. It's obviously a personal choice.

The community could also help, by giving first refusal to a newbie, when an affordable machine gets listed in the forum. I personally tried to buy an affordable machine many times, but missed all of them to other members. I am sure that something can be done practically, if there is a will from the community.

Thanks for your kind, helpful and respectful reply.

About your statement "That’s what your saying right? That a collector should take £1,000s hit.?"

Absolutely not. I obviously did not explain my perspective very well. I decided to become vulnerable by sharing my frustration at finding affordable and interesting pinballs. I also did not hide that I was upset. My emotions are what they are, it's not something that I want to analyse. How many people do you think have used the same words or experienced the same negative emotions, but kept quiet about them?

I specified in my original reply that the FT seller was pleasant and did nothing wrong. I was not rude to him or disrespectful. It does not mean that I don't feel upset about the £500 increase.

You say that you want a better price for a game, so a collector should buy a new game and then sell an older game for a bargain price just so a newbie can get a pin.

Absolutely not. Yes, I hope that prices will become affordable again. I have no expectations concerning the seller.

Now that you mentioned that, it would be a nice gesture, if a collector was able to help someone less fortunate by lending a machine or provide a discount. It's obviously a personal choice.

The community could also help, by giving first refusal to a newbie, when an affordable machine gets listed in the forum. I personally tried to buy an affordable machine many times, but missed all of them to other members. I am sure that something can be done practically, if there is a will from the community.
Why are you still rambling away on a For Sale ad, and one that is sold at that! I doubt anyone is reading your ‘war and peace’ posts and you are just clogging up the ad.

Start a separate thread.

There are a number of threads on the current prices of pinball machines, therefore, is there a need to hijack a sale thread? Granted if the price is completely unrealistic or a fantastic offer, by all means, politely comment, otherwise bite down on your lip.

The sale is complete. Both parties are happy with the sale, therefore, is there a need for further comment? If this were my thread, I'll be asking for it to be locked.

E8585795-E01E-4996-8016-E3F31A6A3244.jpeg

I believe a gentleman by the name of William Shakespeare wrote “ now is the winter of our discontent”. If this forum was going in his day, I feel certain he’d have included spring summer and autumn. 🤔

@Aladeran I started a thread here on a similar subject:

Feel free to continue that discussion there and I, personally, am cool with longer posts :)

The community could also help, by giving first refusal to a newbie, when an affordable machine gets listed in the forum

if a collector was able to help someone less fortunate by lending a machine or provide a discount.

The recent/current Dutch auctions are a way for newbies to get a fair chance of buying a Pin but you shouldn't expect to get it cheaper than anyone else, that is just unrealistic.

I really like the Dutch auction idea, it gives everyone a fair crack and gives a true figure of what a Pin is currently worth.

What on earth are you on about? Pinball has never been rooted as a public hobby. They are commercial arcade machines designed to be placed in arcades to generate revenue. If you can't afford one - save up. Nobody has to understand anybody's point of view. No party needs to concern themselves with the needs or views of another. The price is the price. If you can't afford it it's tough. Save up. If the price is too high it won't sell and be reduced eventually. People are so ****ing entitled these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom