What's new

Houdini

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Looking forward to having a game on Houdini. Looks like it could be a great game.

I offered to buy one for the show, but was refused as he seems to only want distros getting the machines for some reason, so don't hold your breath unless Phil gets one for you to show.

It will be in Tilt by then so it will be down to Kirk bringing it I think not Chris!

They just seemed to have taken a piece of wood and shat on it and hoped for the best. The art I like, how the screen integrates into the backbox is lovely - although the backbox itself is hideous!

Wow! Bit harsh Neil to be honest. No need for the insult really. I'm not the biggest AP fan, but you shouldn't really make comments like that. The game i'm sure will play fine.

Our mantra has been quality over quantity, and at this point we have shipped well over 250 machines, which I believe is more than heighway, dutch, homepin, and zidware combined, and we did that without taking a time of anyones money, and in just over a year from when we first unveiled the Houdini prototype, which was designed, built and coded in under four months. For those who have been following our progress, you have seen that overall the quality of the machines that we have shipped as been excellent.

What AP and @rosh should do now is address the communication issues and explain why emails went unanswered and get some official UK spec machines over here asap to @philpalmer and to the other people with orders like @lee riley . They shouldn't start bigging themselves up on here about shipping more games than other small manufacturers until there are actual official uk games here and they have been proven to be reliable, well built and enjoyable to play by uk pinheads.

Anyway just my 2p. I'm interested to see the hardware in use and how the game plays.

maybe slightly harsh but Ive played it a lot as I love ToM and wanted to love this but its just not a great game unfortunately.

The shots are mega tight and not in the easiest of places but then I’m crap ?
Theme is cool, I like the modes but they are difficult to finish as they time out
Early days but ye I like it
These new pins are worlds apart from old school days of easy pinball fun

Funny, that statement coincides with pinball's broad commercial attraction. I guess it depends which era lee. Mass market casual appeal as opposed to niche audience as pins took on video games in the late 80s and early 90s, and in pinball's audience, the result is super niche. And I'm all over the dmd era and the EM and earlier "classics" hold zero interest for me.

So this is harder than any classic DMD of the '90s in your opinion?

I struggle with these so newer pinball might not be for me...

played a load more games today on Houdini
It’s a great pin and i do love it but you need to be a good player to crack the shots in time to complete the modes
No issues out of the box
Plays great and the code is good
For me it’s a difficult pin with similar tight shots to game of thrones

Back
Top Bottom