• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Short video from TPF

Very mixed views on this game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it a yay or a nay?

i’d say a bit early to tell but they are serious about uk/eu they are getting the machine CE certified etc. they look to have done so much so fast. i’m impressed. with them. IMHO. and it is only my opinion. they seem far better organised than spooky. but then again who wouldn’t have a TNA ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i’d say a bit early to tell but they are serious about uk/eu they are getting the machine CE certified etc. they look to have done so much so fast. i’m impressed. with them. IMHO. and it is only my opinion. they seem far better organised than spooky. but then again who wouldn’t have a TNA ???

You got that one wrong... American Pinball far from professional and organised... We should have had our Houdini last year...

You got that one wrong... American Pinball far from professional and organised... We should have had our Houdini last year...

aha didn’t know that. i must admit the guy i chatted to didn’t know much about their uk distribution channel. they had plenty of people there and told a very convincing story. i suppose only time will truly tell.......

Shame they don’t know how to use a computer I’ve had Houdini on order for over 6 months now they can’t even be ****d to reply to emails like tilt says we were suppose to get Houdini last year

Spookys customer service is way better Kayte always replies to emails and having used spookys technical help they are excellent in helping fix issues

To be honest I think you’ve dodged a bullet in the fact it hasn’t arrived!

To be honest I think you’ve dodged a bullet in the fact it hasn’t arrived!

i suppose any new supplier represents a bigger risk than an established one, but they should also be faster to respond and care more about their customers and their reputation. disappointing to hear of poor service from either of these two.

agreed Alan, but after seeing them speak at (AP) at expo and the jpoop mess their attitude then sucked and doesn't appear to have changed.

agreed Alan, but after seeing them speak at (AP) at expo and the jpoop mess their attitude then sucked and doesn't appear to have changed.

maybe they are purposely tying themselves up in knots and chains and padlocks and we assume the worst. then at the very last moment. ....... they magically escape and come out alive n kicking . (sorry. couldn’t resist. too many [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485])

Went to cidercade tonight and I think I’ve decided at the moment that this game sucks.

It’s clunky, the game is interrupted by irritating video instructions and painfully annoying voice call outs or pauses whilst it works out what it wants to do. I JUST WANT TO FLIP!

Three of the shots are real clunkers and the ball spends most of its time in the air. They just seemed to have taken a piece of wood and shat on it and hoped for the best. The art I like, how the screen integrates into the backbox is lovely - although the backbox itself is hideous!

The loop shot is a great one though I do find that shot very satisfying.

Watch the SDTM video on it and it looked great. Never know a game until you play it.

Yeah Zach from SDTM loves it. Although he did buy one and this always seems to sway people a little..

Yeah Zach from SDTM loves it. Although he did buy one and this always seems to sway people a little..
Well, he has now sold it.
Looking forwards to play at TILT if it ever gets there!

He sells fast ( I'm a fine one to talk in this regard!). I remember his Dialled In lasting weeks
Makes sense as while stock is so low in US, you can have the fun of NIB, play it a month and sell before it drops in value.

Hey guys, I'm Josh from American Pinball , wanted to just pop in here and clarify a few things.

Not sure how anyone would have been expecting a machine last year. When we did our reveal last March we said our goal was to be shipping by end of year (and we did ship a few machines), but we certainly never said we would be shipping anything in quantity. In addition, as a brand new company, we obviously were going to stick close to home as we first started rolling out.

As many of you know, there are different certification requirements for exporting games to Europe, so it was also important to work out any changes to the machine that might be needed before we spent the time and money to go through certification. We are now going through the process and hope to be completed with that soon. Obviously if issues are found, those will need to be addressed.

We are working to finalize things with our European distributors and to get some sample games sent over. I hope to get over there as well to talk about he machine and what went into bringing it to life. I take great pride in our attention to detail around Houdini and the machine itself.

Our mantra has been quality over quantity, and at this point we have shipped well over 250 machines, which I believe is more than heighway, dutch, homepin, and zidware combined, and we did that without taking a time of anyones money, and in just over a year from when we first unveiled the Houdini prototype, which was designed, built and coded in under four months. For those who have been following our progress, you have seen that overall the quality of the machines that we have shipped as been excellent.

I'm not saying we are perfect, but I think everyone here would need to acknowledge that we are doing a hell of a lot better than most if not all of the new companies that have come along in the last several years. We are shipping a quality machine, with a fun and challenging layout with wide and deep rules designed to please novices, enthusiasts and hard core players alike. Not everyone is going to love Houdini, it is a machine that challenges you, but I don't know of any machine that everyone loves.

If someone was emailing and not getting a response, I would like to know more. Please email me directly josh@american-pinball.com with the info on when you emailed and to what address, so I can both respond to your questions and to find out why you did not get a response.

Houdini was known around the world, and I can assure you that getting machines to you guys on the other side of the pond is very much a priority, but we want to do it right. I think you will find it was worth the wait.

I'll try to check in here on pinballinfo.com occasionally for questions, suggestions, etc.

BTW, Zach loves Houdini and has been pretty clear he needs to keep selling to buy so he has games to review for his show and yes, selling now vs a year from now is going to give him a better return. He will be the first to tell you that he misses it and is looking forward to buying one again later.

Not sure if there are other Houdini related threads on here, but if so, feel free to cross post this so others have this info.

Looking forward to getting over there to meet you guys and talk about Houdini.

Josh

Welcome to the forum Josh! I’m really excited for Houdini, will have to try and find one while in the States this summer. I’ve watched a few gameplay videos and i’ll agree that some shots look rather clunky but i dont mind that, its good to play a game like that from time to time. Keep up the good work!

I've played 3 of these and setup seems to be critical. Two, both on location. played really clunky, and one of those had loads of air balls due to crazy strong slippers. The third was at a show and played really really nice... granted the ball saves seemed to be extremely generous built it just felt leagues better, clearly someone had spent a lot of time tweaking the game play, angle, flipper settings, etc. Still never managed to make the milk can shot like :(

Back
Top Bottom