What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin Pinball Presents: > 5....

@Homepin

Mike - Many thanks for an update on where things are. I know there are some that are very interested in your up and coming offerings, so a progress update was much appreciated :)

Cheers
Paul

Holy crap that's a load of coil sleeves!. Well done Mike, has the layout of Thunderbirds been shown yet?

Hi All,

Again I have to apologise for the long time between postings.

We have been flat out here in the factory finishing all the little details and parts for the first, finished, factory sample machines that we will ship out end of August to this years Pinfest in Newcastle Australia for the grand reveal!

I have a short video of Tracy Island that I am now able to show. Please remember that this still IS NOT showing a finished machine or even mechanism - just something to show for those interested. Licencing issues prevent me from showing full layouts and that delay is 90% down to us here at Homepin not ITV. We have had a tough run in the past few years and to be honest we are still scrambling to catch up.

All will be finished by end of August and we will start production of the first small run of finished machines.

After we get our CE and FCC testing finished we will be in a better position to know exactly when we can ship some machines to Europe and the UK.

Looking forward to seeing this out in August.

I've not really been following your story but I do know you've had problems along the way about time you've had some good luck.

It would be FAB if you could manage to get a machine to the UK's largest pinball show in October its in Manchester!

That does look FAB. If your looking for likenesses of the hood @Arv could be your man :D
Wondering if the flippers are operated supermarionation style. Pulling a string would be very different

Looking forward to seeing this and NLP October would be a great uk reveal.

I always like to see different mechanisms in machines, as far as I know there hasn't been anything similar to that. If Stern did that it would just be the same old VUK ( not knocking Stern, they are the leaders for a reason, but nice to see some originality now and then ).

We won't have CE testing completed until the end of the year so it won't be possible to have a machine in the UK just yet.

Our first machines are committed to Australia and possibly the USA/Canada where we only need FCC testing and compliance.

EU etc requires FCC - CE and guarantees on the wood used so it is a LOT more paperwork, time and expense but we will certainly be doing it when we are able to as it will apply equally for our future machines.

I've been following this via Facebook and I have to say i've been amazed by just how much work has gone into it.

So many parts have had to be made locally and although updates have been sparse due to Chinas regulations in relation to social media it's been fascinating to see some of the stuff that has been done.

Looking forward to seeing more news on it as things progress.

Thunderbirds Australian price confirmed as $6500 (£3950!) inc GST ( which is 10% I believe ) , that's $1850 less than Star Wars pro! . Not sure how much it'll be by the time it gets to the UK, but should be quite a bit less than a stern. Price is from their Facebook page.

5ac05760a94ed1f161b9524034d7afbb6e99da04.jpg 20622171_1438012099608128_7437393987324786967_n.jpg 20663803_1438926142850057_2643002481748081558_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like they haven't got a distributor in the UK yet....
From Facebook... " We have put the feelers out for an agent in the UK, even visiting a large one in London personally, but so far no takers ".

In answer to a question about different models Mike replied ' No. We don't believe is cheaping out - we sell ONE model WITH all the bells and whistles such as coin mech, shaker motor and many other features INCLUDED, some others charge extra for these ' !!! :eek:

**** me, Stern don't even give a shaker with an LE these days!

Fingers crossed the machine is fun to play, no one knows yet as they haven't even shown the playfield.

Looks like they haven't got a distributor in the UK yet....
From Facebook... " We have put the feelers out for an agent in the UK, even visiting a large one in London personally, but so far no takers ".

That'd be Electrocoin out then? The guy seems very genuine and i've used some of this HomePin aftermarket kit before - it's very well designed.

Hope they can find a way - if not in the UK; he's still got the world's largest potential market right there on his doorstep. I can't foresee many scenarios where HomePin fail to be honest. Do think they should go direct to a colour dmd though.

The theme is licensed?! Blimey. Genuinely didn't expect that - it would have been so easy not to when your base of operations is China.

Major kudos for that. Quality work is available in China if you want it, it's just that companies that want to sell utter crap, can import utter crap all day long.

Would love to visit Shenzhen at some point... it is arguably the technology capital of the world. There are videos on YouTube of a my-kind-of-crazy guy over there who has done videos of building iPhones purely out of parts bought on the street markets there, and has done things like adding the headphone jack back to the iPhone 6, again using things and people that are just casually available there. It's a wonderland for a tech-head.

would be weird if not avaialble to buy in the UK where the theme both comes from and has the strongest fan base

The theme is licensed?! Blimey. Genuinely didn't expect that - it would have been so easy not to when your base of operations is China.

Major kudos for that. Quality work is available in China if you want it, it's just that companies that want to sell utter crap, can import utter crap all day long.

Would love to visit Shenzhen at some point... it is arguably the technology capital of the world. There are videos on YouTube of a my-kind-of-crazy guy over there who has done videos of building iPhones purely out of parts bought on the street markets there, and has done things like adding the headphone jack back to the iPhone 6, again using things and people that are just casually available there. It's a wonderland for a tech-head.

I watched that episode too. Such an eye opener to the level of tech ability the chinese have. The guy in the vid ends up giving his design for the headphone jack pcb to the vendors, would be great to see a follow up a few weeks later when they mass produce them to death.

Yeah saw that also (or something similar) cost him more in the end than buying a iPhone but that wasn't the point of the exercise, it was to prove it could be done.

Back
Top Bottom