What's new

Games, cars, bucket lists it seems

Gumball rally would make a great pin. Silverball Run perhaps!

Yes I can see it; the guys who “won” where serious German nutters - had helicopter look outs for cops and they all drove 911 turbos bought just for the rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You want to be in the dales, the cotswolds, the alps, the race-track, not the motorway (with great respect) :) Bends, hills, trees, views...

Haha I know, but life’s been getting in the way recently! Best I’ve managed is a couple of trips down to the south coast.

I’ve taken the same car around a track in the past but not sure when I’ll next have the opportunity. Definitely more fun than the motorway. If I’d known I’d be looking after it I wouldn’t have booked several long haul trips this year which are going to take the bulk of my time off from work and planned a European road trip instead. I’ll be insured on it for the foreseeable future though, so there’s always next year.

I live in A council house In the north east of England and drive a 2008 Seat Leon 1.9 diesel :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Haha I know, but life’s been getting in the way recently! Best I’ve managed is a couple of trips down to the south coast.

I’ve taken the same car around a track in the past but not sure when I’ll next have the opportunity. Definitely more fun than the motorway. If I’d known I’d be looking after it I wouldn’t have booked several long haul trips this year which are going to take the bulk of my time off from work and planned a European road trip instead. I’ll be insured on it for the foreseeable future though, so there’s always next year.

Mind you, I've got room to talk, mine has been in the workshop or the accident repair centre (due to theft damage) since god knows when, the motorway would be nice.

I used to be massively into cars but I've completely gone off them lately. Maybe due to my horrendous commute? If I won the lottery I'd love a Morgan Aeromax but that's about all that appeals to me really.

At almost 51, I've had various phases of car madness, much depends on where you are in your life (kids etc), disposable money, time to enjoy them, the cost (and insurance nonsense). I have drifted in and out of having a nice car as I usually don't use it enough. I sold my XKR and got grail pins rather than a car purely as I had some space so that I could do that. I bought the 911 with money left to me by my dad, who was a car nut and hated porsches. I swear he cursed it. Most of the time the UK traffic is enough to put anyone off owning something nice, but when I've got to that conclusion and I sell whatever I had, it's only a month or two before i'm itching again.

Nice +ve spin on the thread title!

I can't get those blinkin Worms out of my head now - "see you jimmy", "bring out your dead" etc. Didn't one say "Ha ha stamp collection" - I never got that :hmm:

I loved lemmings but didn't get into worms. too much quake 3 arena to play :D

Love my cars, all my mates have E36 M3s they take on track days. I had an S2000 for a few years which was awesome when you were driving it full gas but crap low down in the revs.

36D9C0C4-144F-4DC2-ACDE-A7E4F752960A.jpeg

My first car was a 1275 mini with twin carbs which went like stink but was a death trap!

3E627200-D618-4538-88DD-27F976C5C0D2.jpeg

I still have my Fiesta RST I bought when I was 23 for £900. It has full service history and 110,000 miles. I might get it properly restored one day but it is still in great condition.

C0B8CBE6-364F-493C-8BC0-F77EC16301F7.jpeg

Worms was awesome, I knew when you came to change the pins over, as the guy from sega mentioned it:)

I have had most BMW’s from a 2.8 z3, 3 series first of the metal roof convertibles got rid of after 2 months hated it, m5; diesel 5 series that I agree is very quick, x5 twin turbo also very quick for such a big car, All apart from the z3, where company cars, but I never had any major issues with any of them.
Now I buy my cars I have an old 2004 amg 55 sl, which I love but only cost 15 k, and in 3 years have spent around 3 k on repair bills, but I love the car and think I may keep her a while longer, also have a john cooper works mini I haven’t driven in a while.

About 18 years of BMW’s I would say they truly are a reliable car in my experience especially as I put about 80 to a 100k a year on some of them in earlier years . Funny that them being company cars I didn’t have a great love after the new smell had gone :),
Would like a Porsche but probably a cayman, better to drive so I hear from my car nut friends

As a side my wife has had some nice new cars x5, discovery top of the range etc, and kept treating them inside like toilets and crashing them repeatedly.
She now drives her mums several year old Clio and has never been happier, because I am not forever whining when I get in it, so is that a win win scenario ;)

I have a hankering after a willys jeep at the moment for the summer....used to be fast cars and slow women....more like slow cars now and fast women nowadays.....

Nice +ve spin on the thread title!

I can't get those blinkin Worms out of my head now - "see you jimmy", "bring out your dead" etc. Didn't one say "Ha ha stamp collection" - I never got that :hmm:
One of the team was from Basingstoke - Colin Surridge

Worms was awesome, I knew when you came to change the pins over, as the guy from sega mentioned it:)

I have had most BMW’s from a 2.8 z3, 3 series first of the metal roof convertibles got rid of after 2 months hated it, m5; diesel 5 series that I agree is very quick, x5 twin turbo also very quick for such a big car, All apart from the z3, where company cars, but I never had any major issues with any of them.
Now I buy my cars I have an old 2004 amg 55 sl, which I love but only cost 15 k, and in 3 years have spent around 3 k on repair bills, but I love the car and think I may keep her a while longer, also have a john cooper works mini I haven’t driven in a while.

About 18 years of BMW’s I would say they truly are a reliable car in my experience especially as I put about 80 to a 100k a year on some of them in earlier years . Funny that them being company cars I didn’t have a great love after the new smell had gone :),
Would like a Porsche but probably a cayman, better to drive so I hear from my car nut friends

As a side my wife has had some nice new cars x5, discovery top of the range etc, and kept treating them inside like toilets and crashing them repeatedly.
She now drives her mums several year old Clio and has never been happier, because I am not forever whining when I get in it, so is that a win win scenario ;)
One of my good friends was chairman of the porsche club UK and he steered me away from Caymans (I was originally looking at one) and ended up with the C4S soft top. Funnily enough just mailed you :)

Luton van with tail lift this week... :(

I thought I'd get one in the wifes L200 but no go. I got a STNG in my BMW535d touring but had to disconnect the back box.

Not mine dood! - and now certainly not my R35 spanker! Often breeds much hilarity as they wonder what’s going on as you overtake them. Then the old barges above I used to be able to hammer in the 535d round the ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R35 is hugely tempting I must say. I'm resigned to the fact that every other car I like has serious reliability issues and therefore never going to happen. GTR seems like a car I actually could buy...

R35 is hugely tempting I must say. I'm resigned to the fact that every other car I like has serious reliability issues and therefore never going to happen. GTR seems like a car I actually could buy...

R35 is not without its issues either.

Back
Top Bottom