What's new

Games, cars, bucket lists it seems

Spadge

Registered
Firstly many thanks for all the interest, messages of support and nice messages about the machine.

Anyway, here's where everything is at - I'm struggling for pin time as I'm busy with work and in and out of the office quite a bit at mo where they all are.

Firstly these pins are going/gone.

TAF, IJ, WH20, MMr - Will all be packed ready to be delivered in one van a week on saturday.
FT, LOTR - Packed up for collection on Saturday morning
MB - Will be packed up ready for a collection by Hadfields.
TZ, STNG - To be packed up ready for a future collection (tbd)
SS - Sold pending visit/play next Thursday.
TOTAN - bring picked up and taken to Suffolk.

Still working out/to work out with first buyer or offering in the queue:
AFM (several in queue for this- gorgeous original with tons of mods) 5.5k
I'd be happy if it didnt sell, but no chance, it's lovely.

Available but a few very interested, someone visiting saturday.
TWD LE 7.5k (it's a stunner) Again I'd be fine if it doesnt go.

Still available: although some interest
ACDC premium (packed with mods, lovely) - small issue with GI lighting as in description 6.25k

If you've asked for info or whatever, photos and not got them, let me know - it's been hectic.

Any questions, please drop me a message.

Thanks again.

If you missed it, 12-13 machines sold in a very crazy 1.40hrs the other night.

Last edited:
Hah, I've got a 911 4S Cabrio (previous was my 540bhp tuned XKR)

Unfortunately HMRC will be enjoying quite a fair chunk of the proceeds :(

I am just an ordinary down to earth guy who got lucky making games for a career. Cars, pinball, pink floyd, beer and travel - not in that order necessarily - but having fun is the most important. Paying tax is the worst.

jag.jpg 911.jpg

Last edited:
The 911 has to be the unluckiest car I've ever had. My favourite as a kid, never had one, got it last summer - and a gauge failed first weekend. Took it in and they found scored cylinders so an engine rebuild needed, 9 weeks later i pick it up and take it for a new hifi and sat nav system (lovely pioneer - the porsche one is pants) and hey ho, car stolen the same bloody day. Found next day damaged sans wheels and that new hifi, plus a long telephoto lens I had in the 'frunk' the old porsche hifi system and other stuff. Insurance company was treating as a fraudulent claim for 2.5 months and then gave in as there was no evidence (which is because it was stolen!) anyway its on with being fixed now. Got it in July, driven it 4 days and 400 miles!

Unfortunately scored bores is a phenomenon that no one tells you about and Porsche don't even acknowledge. Happens on several models.

When I bought a Cayman I found out about it afterwards and then lived in fear of it happening. Really soured the ownership experience.

Pleased for you that you sold all of them, though not a pleasurable experience I imagine.

Unfortunately scored bores is a phenomenon that no one tells you about and Porsche don't even acknowledge. Happens on several models.

When I bought a Cayman I found out about it afterwards and then lived in fear of it happening. Really soured the ownership experience.

Pleased for you that you sold all of them, though not a pleasurable experience I imagine.

Thanks. Not at all happy about them going, but I worked hard on my head-heart thought pattern. I tend to big or go home on all stuff, so took the positives of buying/finding/playing/modifying pins and what I've learnt and who I've met through it.

Head said I should have probably flogged the 911, but I've just not had the fun out of it yet, 4 days in 6 months...

Yeah I found out about the cylinders the nasty way, 4 days after buying it but the place I got it from was super (Monarch in Lincolnshire) and they covered all the cost (18k) with warranty which was ace. It's been an unfortunate experience but I'll give it another shot. Am looking forward to a sunny day, floyd on the new hifi, roof down, driving up near dales to call in at a friends and play some pinball :)

I've already made plans to go and probably get another TAF, just not one that is super mint. I could do with one at home to remind me.

Thanks. Not at all happy about them going, but I worked hard on my head-heart thought pattern. I tend to big or go home on all stuff, so took the positives of buying/finding/playing/modifying pins and what I've learnt and who I've met through it.

Head said I should have probably flogged the 911, but I've just not had the fun out of it yet, 4 days in 6 months...

Yeah I found out about the cylinders the nasty way, 4 days after buying it but the place I got it from was super (Monarch in Lincolnshire) and they covered all the cost (18k) with warranty which was ace. It's been an unfortunate experience but I'll give it another shot. Am looking forward to a sunny day, floyd on the new hifi, roof down, driving up near dales to call in at a friends and play some pinball :)

I've already made plans to go and probably get another TAF, just not one that is super mint. I could do with one at home to remind me.

For the record mine's a 997.1 2007 Carrera 4S. About 44k on the clock Lovely (although it was in a right mess when the police retrieved it)

I'm quietly gutted about the TAF. Was very keen but baulked at the £7k price. No offence, I'm very new to pins so am slowly learning that top top quality stuff really does go for those prices, to my detriment because I miss out by hesitating.

Really wish I'd bought it on my card now though lol. TAF is the one I keep thinking about.

But anyway... glad the dealer helped out. I've heard of it happening to people with next to no mileage on the car. It's a design fault that can be rectified (company called Hartech does a lot of business doing it) but Porsche don't acknowledge it. Sadly paying more money for a car doesn't automatically mean the manufacturer is any less... "economical with the truth". F430s are another one - chocolate manifolds that disintegrate and end up in the engine. Ferrari don't officially acknowledge it but ask any sales guy and he'll know all about it.

I hear you, but my TAF was like *brand new* the guy I bought it from would have it back. Hell, I'd like it back when I've finished with this hmrc crap. - for 7k!

My pins aren't the usual player quality - they've had serious cash spent on them and from excellent condition to mint. Even the fish tales was super mint. I think the good thing about pins is that whilst its possible to lose a bit of money its certainly not like cars :) Money I've lost I've just written off against the fun and love I've had, friendships made, so its been a good deal. Given that they all went so fast, I guess I could have put them higher (I priced them to sell even at those levels) and waited or auctioned them elsewhere - at least they're in the community.

Yeah, I agree. Sorry I didn't want you to think that I was in any way suggesting they were overpriced. I was 100% saying that it's my inexperience of the market that made me question it, and by the time I'd thought about it more it was too late.

Doesn't help really that prices for these things are all over the place, justifiably so.

It took me too long to realise just how special that TAF (and your other pins) were relative to the other stuff out there. :)

Really nice stuff from the 90s that escaped a hammering during operation is pretty rare, save for nice refurbs. Wasnt much of a home use thing back then :)

I know about disappointment with expensive things. Spent a decent chunk of change on a nearly new Norton Commando 961. Sold it 4 weeks later as the battery wouldn’t hold a charge, it was skipping gears and the engine was rattly as ****!

E0F2F308-155C-48A9-AAF0-0124ABB544B8.jpeg

I’ve only got a toe in the water with pinball these days. Arcades are better value for money atm. I sold a WCS, one of the cheapest DMD games you can buy, and with the cash bought an Outrun and Afterburner. 2 of the more expensive 80s cabs.

who got lucky making games for a career
And what games they were. I really owe you a huge thanks for keeping me entertained over the years with some awesome games. Seemed a bit surreal seeing your forum name pop up on here given how many years I must have wasted playing Worms. Oh, and who can forget the Saga of Boggy B:

Great to hear that you manage to sell without too many troubles even if it is a shame that you've had to let such an impressive collection go.

We used to direct link our laptops to play the first Worms and load custom sounds - IIRC Monty Python was a particular favourite. Thank you @Spadge for happy days lost in that. :clap:

Yeah lots of stories, one of the best things I’ve worked on and my last as producer.

I'm only 31, so Worms came out when I was still a kid. I liked it, but didn't get totally sucked in. Then Worms 2 came out when I was 11 or 12 and it just about took over my life for several months - taking turns playing against a neighbor for hours on end! Think the only game I put more hours into was RCT. Thanks for the memories, hope you get to build another pinball collection before long.

Worms was probably as much a part of my gaming life growing up as Lemmings, Gauntlet, etc was.

Nice, we also did Lemmings for Sony on PSP/PS2/Vita. Alien Breed was quite influenced by Gauntlet... and er, some sci-thing, coincidentally.

17bit Software, those were the days. Did you goto the anarchy party '92 at all?

Porsche 911 has always been my favourite car too. Came very close to buying one back in 2001. A mint 1989 Guards Red G50 convertible for £16K. Ended up buying an apartment instead. I do keep looking at them on AutoTrader but so many horror stories. Every Porsche owner I've spoken to has had a massively expensive engine rebuild at some point. Made £50K on the apartment. Still don't own a Porsche.

Back
Top Bottom