What's new

Games, cars, bucket lists it seems

Why can’t you make worms for iOS?
Surely that would be a good seller.
Did. Sold a few million copies, I think t17 have done 3/4 versions now. Worms iOS was one of the last things I did business development wise back in 2010 for t17, I left at the end of 2010

I was at Team17 for 20yrs as co-founder in 1990, left 7 years ago whilst my divorce was brewing, got most of my leaving this or that done so to speak.

I think the trend is to have it free then in-app purchases fairly soon into the game..

Only a small percentage of players spend money. In game advertising and rewarded ad viewings make up for that. Incidentally I don’t wish to be drawn into a long conversation about the various business models on mobile... :)

For any football fans I’m involved with newstar games who did newstar soccer - massively popular free to play game, won a bafta, was #1 on the app store

When I bought a Cayman I found out about it afterwards and then lived in fear of it happening. Really soured the ownership experience.

if its any consolation it doesn't matter what you buy they all have issues, 430 fuel pump issue, T350C massive electrical failure, DB9C hydraulic failures (on freaking Christmas Eve on the north Circular - a month old), California gearbox failure, the P1 I had for a while had a lot of clunking with the hybrid system that seemed somewhat out of the ordinary but a few owners had similar strange noises.

I gave up on nutcase cars after the DB9 though - I just don't have the anger management skills for the agro hence why I've stuck to BMW but recent cars, M2 (wife), M4 (gone), M4 CP, M6C (Florida) have had build quality adjustments like Stern! - the current 4 year old M5 CP that I have has been superb and now worried about the new M5 delivery in March so fingers crossed that they have sorted them out (thank you bitcoin!).

Cheers,
Neil.

Ooops, sorry if I inadvertently 'outed' Spadge as the man behind Worms (and other titles). I'd just presumed that other people had joined the dots in the same way I had; partly by what was written by himself but also by the name and location. :)

Oh, and Worms was just one of a huge long line of their amazing titles. The Alien Breed series was also amazing and Superfrog will always have a special place with me; great intro, fab music and a superb platformer on the Amiga.

I was also a huge fan of PD from 17 Bit Software. Happy days indeed.

I was at Team17 for 20yrs as co-founder in 1990, left 7 years ago whilst my divorce was brewing, got most of my leaving this or that done so to speak.

I think Team17 was one of our earliest leased line customers at Demon. Running your own business was fun but hard hard work.

Demon?

As in Demon Internet? I remember we had an account with them when I worked for the NHS in the mid to late 90's. Back in those days the hospital didn't have general access to the internet; people had to come to IT and use a machine in the office with a 28.8k modem.

Such a change in times. There wasn't even a built-in TCP/IP stack back in those days and getting it all configured was great fun. I've got two words that will reverberate with anyone who was around the internet in those days.

Trumpet Winsock!

I love beamers, whilst I’ve had a lot of V8’s I’ve had a lot of bmws and my staple diet is the 535d touring I’ve had a few years now, hands down best all round car I’ve had, practical, economics, great performance, fantastic audio.

Had a great 550i, various 645ci, 3 series softops etc. currently have 5 cars which is stupid. My 911 when it comes back, the bmw touring, Mini Cooper diesel auto (lovely), my mrs has a big l200 4x4 and horsebox and a fiat 500 for work.

Looking to tour Europe in tre 911 cabrio this summer and the mrs buys into the fact that we can’t take much :)

Demon?

As in Demon Internet? I remember we had an account with them when I worked for the NHS in the mid to late 90's. Back in those days the hospital didn't have general access to the internet; people had to come to IT and use a machine in the office with a 28.8k modem.

Such a change in times. There wasn't even a built-in TCP/IP stack back in those days and getting it all configured was great fun. I've got two words that will reverberate with anyone who was around the internet in those days.

Trumpet Winsock!

yes sir :D

on windoze yup. trumpet bugsock! was our name for it! MacTCP and AmigaTCP, oh and our bundle KA9Q.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love beamers, whilst I’ve had a lot of V8’s I’ve had a lot of bmws and my staple diet is the 535d touring I’ve had a few years now, hands down best all round car I’ve had, practical, economics, great performance, fantastic audio.

Had a great 550i, various 645ci, 3 series softops etc. currently have 5 cars which is stupid. My 911 when it comes back, the bmw touring, Mini Cooper diesel auto (lovely), my mrs has a big l200 4x4 and horsebox and a fiat 500 for work.

Looking to tour Europe in tre 911 cabrio this summer and the mrs buys into the fact that we can’t take much :)

I had a 535d for racing nitro radio control cars, epic car and I hammered it, got stuck trying to do a dukes of hazard in it LOL. Was about to buy another one but they had the M5 in the dealership... so ordered one of those.

IMG_7980.JPG

if you want a great route for touring in Europe let me know, I do a run every year (Although probably taking a break as the Swiss police are after me!).

Neil.

I had a 535d for racing nitro radio control cars, epic car and I hammered it, got stuck trying to do a dukes of hazard in it LOL. Was about to buy another one but they had the M5 in the dealership... so ordered one of those.

View attachment 57653

if you want a great route for touring in Europe let me know, I do a run every year (Although probably taking a break as the Swiss police are after me!).

Neil.
I toured with my son but kind of cheated as I flew to Munich and hired a car, went over alps via Austria, Luxembourg, over into Milan and did most of Italy then back up and around to Monaco and dropped car at Nice before flying back. Going to spend 2 weeks and have been in most Europea.mn countries but I’ll definitely hit you up for tips.

Other bucket list fun below in valley of fire near Vegas, including winning the rental money back by betting on black :)

96DB77E7-9374-4CBD-BD64-805FD7DF9CCB.jpeg

if its any consolation it doesn't matter what you buy they all have issues, 430 fuel pump issue, T350C massive electrical failure, DB9C hydraulic failures (on freaking Christmas Eve on the north Circular - a month old), California gearbox failure, the P1 I had for a while had a lot of clunking with the hybrid system that seemed somewhat out of the ordinary but a few owners had similar strange noises.

I gave up on nutcase cars after the DB9 though - I just don't have the anger management skills for the agro hence why I've stuck to BMW but recent cars, M2 (wife), M4 (gone), M4 CP, M6C (Florida) have had build quality adjustments like Stern! - the current 4 year old M5 CP that I have has been superb and now worried about the new M5 delivery in March so fingers crossed that they have sorted them out (thank you bitcoin!).

Cheers,
Neil.

BMW make the best engines for sure. Straight 6 out of any of the M’s are epic..so reliable.. Although the SMG gearbox is another story..

I’ve modified my last two xkr’s, my 550Sl AMG and also the 535d - usually also sports exhaust. The 550 5l XKR cabrio was a monster.

Not much advantage in tuning the Porsche for a pitiful BHP improvement and besides it’s a bit of a cruiser, nippy but not mental. And it has sports exhausts from the factory.

I wouldn’t describe myself as a huge car guy - and living in Central London I really don’t have much use for one - but I’m looking after a Porsche 911 Carrera GTS at the moment and I think I’m in love. I can totally see how people get into this. At the moment I’m jumping at any opportunity to get onto the motorway.

I wouldn’t describe myself as a huge car guy - and living in Central London I really don’t have much use for one - but I’m looking after a Porsche 911 Carrera GTS at the moment and I think I’m in love. I can totally see how people get into this. At the moment I’m jumping at any opportunity to get onto the motorway.

You want to be in the dales, the cotswolds, the alps, the race-track, not the motorway (with great respect) :) Bends, hills, trees, views...

Back
Top Bottom