What's new

Games, cars, bucket lists it seems

I'm hoping to get my 911 back in a few weeks...

... I've had the niggle (gauge fail after 2 days)
... I've had the crisis (engine rebuild - fortunately under warranty)
... I've had the bloody thing stolen
... I've had the thing recovered & repaired (well, almost)

Now I'd just like a drive in it.

Team17 and Demon - well I never, this thread is a blast from the past.

I’m getting PC gaming flash backs of installing the free Doom demo from the front cover of PC Format (on every pc in the school).

Always wanted a Porsche and almost got a Cayman S but bottled it. Some pin up cars there @Spadge !

@RobZombie I’ve not driven one but apparently *IF* you can get past the hairdresser stigma, a TT RS gives reliable 4wd hyper hatch performance and sub 4 sec acceleration even on models from the last few gens.

Friend in New Zealand had a Skyline, and he knew how to drive it. He took me for a spin around the block (us-style grid layout streets) spent most of the time in the car sideways. Those gravel NZ roads are a great place to learn the skills he had. I do enjoy living in the Cotswolds ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my student work on the cover disc of PC Format back in the 90's lol.

Some great roads here. I'm right on the end of the Cat 'n Fiddle. Used to do that road on an R6 before I had kids, and before they put speed cameras up. Probably the best road in the country. Snake Pass is fun too.

Reading up on the R35 transmission issues etc I think I'll probably just go with a Caterham 7 or Lotus Elise. Borrowed an Elise for a few months when they first came out, still the best fun I've had on 4 wheels.

Whatever fast car you like - I would add this to your bucket list (if you've not done it): Book a day with a driving tutor and spend the day driving round Millbrook Proving Ground.
www.millbrook.co.uk/ I did it a few years ago - Amazing - you can put your car through it's paces in a fabulous set of courses.

Dug up these photos of me having crashed my bosses Lotus 2Eleven on a track day in France. Safe to say I didn’t work there for long after that!

Amazing car to drive, felt like a go kart on rails until I ran out of talent.

7D819F6B-7CAE-48CB-A8EE-D48B51011CB2.jpeg
3FF04B5A-1E33-4A6D-8C90-F34862028382.jpeg

I'd buy a lotus in a flash if they did a sequential gear box on them. epic motors, I just don't do clutches any more :D

With ref to doom, when doom 2 came out I busied out all the modems so we could download it quicker LOL, Pizza Hut meat feast, and doom deatmatch on the LAN was just superb fun.

Neil.

I'd buy a lotus in a flash if they did a sequential gear box on them. epic motors, I just don't do clutches any more [emoji1]

With ref to doom, when doom 2 came out I busied out all the modems so we could download it quicker LOL, Pizza Hut meat feast, and doom deatmatch on the LAN was just superb fun.

Neil.

I went so far as DEU (doom editing utility) and made my own death match levels that we used to play on the school network after we got bored of the rest of the levels. Was sooooo much fun over a lan or even just a serial cable (packing up entire pc and taking to a mates house just to connect).

I’ve loved all the doom and quake stuff - ROTT was also a giggle. The new doom on Xbox one looks terrifying - worth checking out the YouTube vids, the chainsaw is mental.

A mate of mine just got a Europa after his TVR tried to cremate him - caught fire following its second rebuild in as many years (while he was driving it). The fire started by the battery so he was lucky the electric door locks / windows let him out [emoji33] a bit like spadge, he’d owned it for a couple of years and barely been able to drive it.

all this talk of old computer games. i loved to play ADVENT or adventure. text based game on a PDP-11 since ported to 100s of other platforms. it was cutting edge in its time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there’s only a few years between us Alan. I wrote an Fa Cup simulator at college on the network, only 8 terminals had monitors, rest were teletype - which was the whole point of doing a football results simulator as of that time, that’s how they came up on final score on the telly :)

I'd buy a lotus in a flash if they did a sequential gear box on them. epic motors, I just don't do clutches any more :D

There are kits to do that. Quaife do one for the Elise and Exige but it's £6K before fitting! Evora has an auto gearbox option.

yeah I looked at that but not sure I could cope if it went bad. :D

A mate of mine just got a Europa after his TVR tried to cremate him - caught fire following its second rebuild in as many years (while he was driving it). The fire started by the battery so he was lucky the electric door locks / windows let him out [emoji33] a bit like spadge, he’d owned it for a couple of years and barely been able to drive it.

So on my T350C I had a complete electrical shutdown when it started to rain heavy. car just coasted to a stop in a largely safe place - sent back. The worst though was Aston Martin. That pile of **** died on the fast lane on the North circular on Christmas Eve near East Finchley, nearly got mowed over by a lorry trying to get to safety. never again.

Back
Top Bottom