What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Williams Hurricane NEW IN BOX

:rofl:I used to do this all the time on my friend with his C64 version. He threatened to switch it off and throw me out if I didn't tell him how to do the move :)

I used to get a beating for purposely casting spells and setting stuff off so my bro would get killed on gauntlet to lol

In the olden days (80s and 90s) video games were seen as the devil and destroyer of pinball. Eventually video games by pinball companies eg defender robotron qbert were tolerated lol. Now the nostalgia encompasses all classic arcade games. I collect Williams and midway videos with a few Atari and Sega bunged in. No MAME crap dedicated only with a few multi PCBs as fillers. Killer instinct 2 and mortal kombat 2 will be at the pinball party to add some variety

The multi-PCB´s are emulation as well, and in its worst form. You have sound issues and other problems.
My friend for example has got an empty KI2-cabinet. We decided to emulate it instead of looking for the PCB.
We going to setup a Hyperspin-system with all Midwayfighters (only) that came in that cabinet.

KI
KI2
MK1
MK2
MK3
MK4
Wrestlemania

and what else came in that machine...should´nt be much more.

MAME also can be useful if you got a rare game and you never find a PCB for it...it also holds up well while some PCB´s are always dying.
Pole Position for example.
I found a Berzerk in my big operator raid that was converted to street fighter. I could buy a controlpanel on eBay but PCB-wise it got not less than 7 boards!!!!

If I useing MAME I only have an old PC and everything works the way it should...and hold!
Also Jrok makes now all in one Multi-PCB´s for some games like

Berzerk (Berzerk&Frenzy)
Pole Position (1+2)
Q-Bert (also different games)

and so on. This PCB`s work with the original processor-architecture.

The chinese multi-PCB´s are useable, but far from perfect.

Well done. So what is the going rate for a NIB Hurricane? You never know, I might have one in the loft [emoji6]

I was tired of the **** that a Hurricane sucks, so I sold it to someone having a Hurry but wanted an NOS-piece, price was 3000€, via eBay more would have been possible, it went over 400 in 10min, but the auction had a mistake. Angry of eBay I sold it directly.

Fair price I'd say. Good sale. Any news on the buyer's plans? Would love to see unboxing pics :)

Great price for someone, I would have paid 2k with cash left over to send the CPU board to Luke for repair ;), congrats.

The colours on the front of the cab don't look as bright as I thought they would if it hasn't seen the light of day in 24 years.

Of course that might be the fault of the camera / PC monitor / my eyes rather than the cab itself!

Back
Top Bottom