What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foo Fighters Announced

I’m over 200 games played now. I was worried I’d get bored around 100 plays until the final wizard mode got coded but there’s something very addictive about this game!

I’m over 200 games played now. I was worried I’d get bored around 100 plays until the final wizard mode got coded but there’s something very addictive about this game!

Definitely is Fran. The end of the game always seems to be within reaching distance too which makes a big difference to me.

Definitely is Fran. The end of the game always seems to be within reaching distance too which makes a big difference to me.
I was knocking out 300m+ scores on the first day. Then I learnt how you get the playfield multipliers, van mods, ufo shots etc and started focussing on them more.
Now my scores are much lower. 😂

I was knocking out 300m+ scores on the first day. Then I learnt how you get the playfield multipliers, van mods, ufo shots etc and started focussing on them more.
Now my scores are much lower. 😂

Isn't that always the bloody way mate.

The best way to lose a ball is to try a strategy 🤣

Isn't that always the bloody way mate.

The best way to lose a ball is to try a strategy 🤣
Yes indeed - I’m a sucker for risk/reward. That’s why Guns n Roses is constantly mocking me.

It's a great fun game, but there's a lot of setup shots which get you no real points so there are definite risk/reward choices. Love the speed and flow, works really well with the music.

The 'Bot Frenzy' 80s 8-bit style Monkey Wrench music is such a great addition - whoever thought of that is a genius!

Up post for 'Overdrive' seems quite inconsistent on saving the ball, annoyingly so. Tried the 'auto' setting of the machine holding the left flipper up but often because it doesn't bounce up far you just end up hitting the ball into the underside of it and lose it anyway. Hopefully they'll add an option to leave the post turned on (because it is cool) so you can get the bonus shot but giving you the ball back if it doesn't bounce up far enough and hits the trough immediately.

The up kicker doesn't have the power it started with - originally it would send the ball around the upper left side ramp (by the UFO captive ball) to the flipper a lot of the time. It stopped working totally as the linkage had fallen off - I found the bolt and nut in the bottom of the cabinet. Put it back and it is working but nowhere near as strong, rarely goes around the loop now. Can anyone take a photo of how it is all connected underneath, just wondering if I've put it back slightly wrong.

For a more consistent overdrive post you need to move the apron forward. Remove the 2 screws at the back and slacken the 2 nuts under the playfield, push apron forward and fit washers between the rear brackets and the apron. Do everything back up. Mine was far more consistent after doing this, now it only fails if a ball is too slow which is mostly isn't. I'll grab a photo of the kicker shortly.....

My apron def has a bigger gap (more wood visible between it and the black outline).

Cheers Kev, looks like there's some play in the linkage on yours too - wasn't sure if I was missing a washer with the slight gap. Will try taking it apart and putting it back later and see if that helps and move the apron up.

My apron def has a bigger gap (more wood visible between it and the black outline).

Cheers Kev, looks like there's some play in the linkage on yours too - wasn't sure if I was missing a washer with the slight gap. Will try taking it apart and putting it back later and see if that helps and move the apron up.
Yeah theres definitely some side to side play in that pin/link.

Up post for 'Overdrive' seems quite inconsistent on saving the ball, annoyingly so.
It wouldn't be a Premium/LE if it didn't have an exclusive feature that didn't need fettling to get working (or breaks or just doesn't work). Seems nearly every new release has something that doesn't work out of the box, I'm looking at you Stranger Things (TK Lock), Turtles (Glider), Avengers (Subway), Led Zeppelin (Electric Magic)...

OK my design skills have let me down on one of my Ramps so drop me a PM and I’ll get one out FOC remember if any of my plastics break I’ll replace for free as long as you are the original buyer 👍

This one.
71044524154__F8A4BB35-229E-43B0-9520-57EAB888818D.jpeg

V2 let’s see how it holds up

IMG_1330.jpeg

Added two washers as one made no difference, it's better but still not totally reliable. Worth it though: I told Josh I'd re-enabled the post and then watched him drain without holding up the left flipper 🤣

Up kicker is better but it's as if sometimes it kicks too late, so maybe a switch (or software?) issue rather than the coil linkage.

Something I've done has now got a long plunge (or auto) hitting the UFO and not going round the loop. Suspect I moved it and being on carpet it now isn't quite level.

Something I've done has now got a long plunge (or auto) hitting the UFO and not going round the loop. Suspect I moved it and being on carpet it now isn't quite level.
I think the plunge is always going to be a bit variable on this machine, I've played around with mine a bit as it started not making the loop like yours. One thing, Stern don't fit those little playfield centralising thingamajigs any more so there's a lot of side to side movement between the playfield and the cab meaning the playfield will be in a different spot every time you lower it. Must have saved them about 10p per machine not fitting them :confused: . That only affects the manual plunge obviously.

Last edited:
UFO and Bots are done and happy with the variety of places they can be mounted and angles it can be set at. The UFO bot comes with a 10 deg up and 10 deg down mount and a post led inside so glows out the front, top and tractor beam below. The UFO can also be mounted at any banking angle level, 90 degrees or even up side down. Tri-Bot comes in 3 legs swept back or standing each with 2 different height post mounts with head and legs that you can adjust to face different directions. Rocket Bot can be mounted right down on the post up to about 10mm above it's base making him look like he is landing. Still waiting on decals for Tri-Bot and Rocket Bot so not quite finished.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0844.jpeg
    IMG_0844.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0849.jpeg
    IMG_0849.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0851.jpeg
    IMG_0851.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0855.jpeg
    IMG_0855.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 32
800m on a pro, but everything clicked and can't get close since. Most of the score done on one mode with 3 x PF, maxed out van and a lot of luck.

3 balls with extra balls

Back
Top Bottom