What's new

Foo Fighters Announced

Now that the owners have had their machines for a few days, how are people finding it, and what strategies have people come up with?

Take NY out of MB, there's another one as well that's quite quick to finish and can be taken out of MB but generally stack a mode with MB. I think Roswell is the most difficult mode - definitely take it with MB. DC is a great mini wizard MB, not sure how to get Robot MB but I got it yesterday.

Overlord MB 2 & 3 are worth alot more as well, using the lockbar button is handy for getting towards mode completion (I got Robot MB by mashing it yesterday as my ball drained) - lit with captive ball

Probably time to read the rules now as I have seen 2x running but no idea how

Last edited:
Take NY out of MB, there's another one as well that's quite quick to finish and can be taken out of MB but generally stack a mode with MB. I think Roswell is the most difficult mode - definitely take it with MB. DC is a great mini wizard MB, not sure how to get Robot MB but I got it yesterday.

Overlord MB 2 & 3 are worth alot more as well, using the lockbar button is handy for getting towards mode completion (I got Robot MB by mashing it yesterday as my ball drained) - lit with captive ball

Probably time to read the rules now as I have seen 2x running but no idea how
SPOILER ALERT

I did have a glance at the rules on Tilt Forum (can't send the link as work have blocked the site:mad:) last night after playing. Robot MB is achieved by collecting 6 robot parts, which all have different requirements - such as completing a van mode, getting SJP in Overlord, etc. Completing each of these goals also awards double scoring on a specific shot for the rest of the ball.

Hitting the target behind the drops gives you bonuses towards van mode completion- including extra time (increases bonus score for completion?), auto completing shots and increased scoring. These van mods can be increased in power by collecting them again. I played a mode with all 3 mods maxed out and it only took a single bomb to complete it, but only scored 9mil.

Double scoring of next shot is the ray gun shatz targets (or 4x if you shatz both consecutively), i didn't manage to work out how to get playfield double scoring, but have now seen how to on Tilt Forum.

UFO hits give action button smart bombs

I was at Funland yesterday and put a solid 30 minutes on Foo Fighters and can say it had an instant attraction. Looks great and has some really fun and flowing shots. The time didn't allow me to really soak up what the rules were, just what caused a few modes to kick off. All in all, a game I will seak out to play again.

I've probably played 50 games on it now and it's very addictive.

I'm nowhere near learning the rules but hitting the van drop targets on bomb makes the modes quicker to complete.

I really like the New York mode because you can gamble and increase the value of the shots by ripping the spinner (which is very satisfying).

The let side of the game is a bit rickety & clunky for a player of my ability although I doubt Nik and Wayne will have any trouble.

The upper flipper is excellent. Very hittable and satisfying, probably the best since AIQ.

Best of all I feel that I'll learn it because it doesn't seem ridiculously deep.

Enjoying learning the skill shots too.

The flipper angles seem a bit lower than some games but after a couple of drained bounce passes I started to adjust.

I'm very happy with it and already liked the music which was a bonus. Fun game.

The let side of the game is a bit rickety & clunky for a player of my ability although I doubt Nik and Wayne will have any trouble.
I actually found the right loop and right ramp harder to hit than anything on the left side 🤔

I actually found the right loop and right ramp harder to hit than anything on the left side 🤔

There's definitely a nice combo of loop then ramp off that top flipper.

I'm struggling with that left jump shot but sure I'll dial it in. The main thing for me is that I want to learn it and play one more game.

The ball paths are crazy, definitely some similarities with Godzilla when that ball starts weaving over the playfield.

Obviously yourself and @Wizcat are welcome to have it in the comp mate as discussed.

Official Stern Launch Party this Sunday. The aircon in the arcade works perfectly and we have cold beer!

OK Kris AKA @Gonzo was kind enough to send me quite a few Foo Plastics so the day was spent getting these sorted along with the obligatory GonzoGuides of course.
I have also done the ramp plastics that are seemingly breaking easily so have them to hand if anyone needs a pair for fiver plus postage at cost.

I have also sent Kris a few other bits and bobs along with my redesigned Speaker Lights V2 which look amazing in the flesh as the pics below were taken in a well lit kitchen.

Note the plastic film needs removing before fitting they are very translucent with fluorescent lit edge in colour of choice
787805E4-D0D5-46A7-BD0C-894132E872D4.jpeg

Again these are not Blue its the plastic film!
43EEAD2D-F6D5-4422-B87B-8FA30F3F85B5.jpeg

Video and pics to follow of these being fitted but they are basically plug and play if you fancy uprating your speakers. Just do it as Foo Needs it
A8963356-1F4F-4422-993E-AE68EFC784F4.jpeg

Alternative version in any colour of choice.
CF7D499B-FD8E-4D0C-B846-6991882875C7.jpeg

Just shout if anything of interest and more to come very shortly. Coly

Put about 50 games on this already after getting delivery of a pro on Thursday. I think used games of this will have far more games on them for the same amount of game time compared to say a GZ.

Shots for me weren’t natural and I needed some time to learn them, not quite where I expect them to be other than the backhand to left ramp and control is hard, I’m really not very good at this game! But it is fun, ball paths are interesting and the challenge and often short game times keeps me pressing start.

After watching more streams I was worried the code might be a bit simple but there’s so much side stuff to do, you can just go for cities if you want but there’s the foobot to collect, sonic radio, lightning targets, bot frenzy (if you don’t dance like a twat when that 8 bit Monkey Wrench music starts you’re doing it wrong) and of course the overlord and Area 51 multiballs. Combo-Tron to come too. Being able to chose your city based on what booms and van mods you’ve built up is great. Going to be interesting to see what you need completed to start the final wizard mode.

For me not on the level of an Elwin game but really solid, lighthearted fun with more to it than you initially think. Looks great too imo

Well I’ve done a set of uprated and upgraded Ramp plastics that hopefully address the earlier cracking issue while addling a little bling to your Foo
As I don’t have a Foo (yet) I’ve sent to Kris @Gonzo for a fit and play test in case of any needed amendments.
I’ll check back in soon with results or Kris can comment if all is good to go.

These will be £15 inc postage due to extra time and effort etching to make them pop a little more.

Coly

IMG_1002.jpeg

Strongly rumoured that The Churnups @ Glastonbury will be FF. Between Texas and Royal Blood tomorrow approx 18:15

never bothered with FF as a band. thought i’d give em a bash on glasto just now.

nothing amazing music wise. am i getting old?

never bothered with FF as a band. thought i’d give em a bash on glasto just now.

nothing amazing music wise. am i getting old?
Always loved Foo Fighters, but having seen Arctic Monkeys at Carrow Road earlier this month ... I can say they will deffo sound better ;) if you can stay up 👍👍

IMG_20230607_175112188_HDR.jpg

I love this ****. Secret set. Just turn up for an earlier 1 hour slot . Less preparation, more raw, fit as many hits in as possible, have a laugh , don’t take it too serious! Gnr should do this.. lol

I love this ****. Secret set. Just turn up for an earlier 1 hour slot . Less preparation, more raw, fit as many hits in as possible, have a laugh , don’t take it too serious! Gnr should do this.. lol
Yeah a monster slot for them tomorrow, hope it's good 👍

My daughter was hoping Churnups were Pulp, there was a little disappointment in our house when Foos came on.

Back
Top Bottom