What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper stuck

Only took me about a year from when I bought it but then again Rome wasn’t built in a day 😉
😊
It won't make you feel any better but I've had similar issue that took over a year to be sorted out. It is demoralizing, no question when you throw money / parts at it to get the same results.
Glad you got there though! Remember, it still works if it worked the last time you turned it on! :p

So just thought I’d update my STTNG journey.
Kinda gave up on January as needed to regain my enthusiasm as I was out of ideas and the damn thing didn’t make sense.

So I took some advice and send power driver and fliptronic board to mypinballs to either fix or eliminate them as the problem.
Turns out both were fine apart from the burnt out j120 header which Jim duly changed.

He also gave me some good tips as to what to look for.

So found a short on the launcher switch which was a diode that had been bent over, easy fix.
Installed boards with new ribbon cables and everything was working…. Until the top right flipper blew a fuse!
Tested the coil and it was reading low on the hold side.
I then remembered that at Christmas I’d found that that coil was hot and with the help of an email from Sean at pinball palace found it was the flipper opto not operating correctly.
So I changed the plastic actuator and problem sorted.
Changed the coil this week and bingo games all working!
Only took me about a year from when I bought it but then again Rome wasn’t built in a day 😉

Thanks to everyone who helped and fed me info, it’s all very much appreciated.

Time to play a bit before the next stage 😊
That's great news, glad you go there in the end.

I wouldn't worry about the time spent troubleshooting STTN. Its an old game that pretty complex. I found there so many possible combinations of things it could be when there issues with it.

If it makes you feel better mine was off in my living room for 6 months, mocking me like a glorified coffin and laughing at my technical incompetence. :)

Yeah I’m feeling quite accomplished and so glad it didn’t beat me because at times I thought it would.

Really looking forward to changing plastics putting leds in and eventually colour dmd and pinsound.

Yeah I’m feeling quite accomplished and so glad it didn’t beat me because at times I thought it would.

Really looking forward to changing plastics putting leds in and eventually colour dmd and pinsound.
If you can do STTN others are a lot easier.

Pinsound is great on this machine. Colour DMD is good but I would go with the sound upgrade first, get the headphone socket that attaches to the leg, its really useful.

Back
Top Bottom