What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper Button Protectors

I'm fairly sure I didn't have to screw them on by the buttons as they are held in place pretty firmly. If I remember correctly there were 3 small holes around the button area that I just left alone.

Call me frugal.... But you could just borrow one of the fore mentioned screw in protectors from a pal...buy a 99p quality sheet of self adhesive vinyl ( in the colour of your choice) use it as a template and cut round it on top of the vinyl .....stick and play. Sorted!?!:popcorn::thumbs::wave:

Call me frugal.... But you could just borrow one of the fore mentioned screw in protectors from a pal...buy a 99p quality sheet of self adhesive vinyl ( in the colour of your choice) use it as a template and cut round it on top of the vinyl .....stick and play. Sorted!?!:popcorn::thumbs::wave:
That would be fine for covering up wear but I want to cover up holes from the skill post buttons too.

If you just bypass the certificate the website works (with a handful of images missing)

the SSL was set up wrong when we moved servers so thats whats causing the current issue

no... moved to a new server but the data from the old web dudes was party corrupted.

ffs

@philpalmer

I received the protectors today (thanks :clap:). Do you know what paint/coating they have on them ? It feels almost silky to the touch. Like a stockinged leg. :oops:

If I get some laser cut without the screw holes I'd like the same coating.

I don't like the look of cab protectors around the buttons. For me they are like those black leather covers some people put on the bonnet of volkswagons to stop stone chips. I'd rather have the stone chips.
I like to see button wear. Shows how much it's been used. Definitely wouldn't screw into the cabinet. Damaging to save wear doesn't seem right

I don't like the look of cab protectors around the buttons. For me they are like those black leather covers some people put on the bonnet of volkswagons to stop stone chips. I'd rather have the stone chips.
I like to see button wear. Shows how much it's been used. Definitely wouldn't screw into the cabinet. Damaging to save wear doesn't seem right
I agree and would not have bothered had it just been cab wear. I needed to cover up the holes from the extra buttons that i removed. I used a double sided tape to attach them (I know I can safely remove it with label remover).

I agree and would not have bothered had it just been cab wear. I needed to cover up the holes from the extra buttons that i removed. I used a double sided tape to attach them (I know I can safely remove it with label remover).
Good thinking. I hope the glue on the tape doesn't remove any of the paint when it is removed. The light glue on masking tape removed some of mine on a pin i had.

Good thinking. I hope the glue on the tape doesn't remove any of the paint when it is removed. The light glue on masking tape removed some of mine on a pin i had.
I have a can of spray on label remover that I use to get sticky stuff off pinballs. Never had any adverse effects with it so I would just spray some of that on it.

Why don't you just get a set of Lolly pop side rails.
Then just fix the screws in the original holes and leave the ones around the lolly.
That way extra flipper button hole covered and no extra damage from screwing Lolly part to cab.

Why don't you just get a set of Lolly pop side rails.
Then just fix the screws in the original holes and leave the ones around the lolly.
That way extra flipper button hole covered and no extra damage from screwing Lolly part to cab.
I've done it now. I would have done this had I known Phil had them in stock but I had already ordered the separate ones.

This is what I've gone with.

Attachments

• 20160515_210045.jpg
    20160515_210045.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom