What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper Button Protectors

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Anyone know of a European distributor of these ?

flipperfidelity.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_9df78eb5ea68759bc9314dba725f596daf9639.gif

The shipping from the US is ludicrous at the moment.

No probs Andy yer welcome.....totally agree with the us postal costs...totally bonkers..then there's the custom costs and post office handling fees...crazy. Had three parcels from pinball center with no customs intervention at all....:hmm::thumbs:

No probs Andy yer welcome.....totally agree with the us postal costs...totally bonkers..then there's the custom costs and post office handling fees...crazy. Had three parcels from pinball center with no customs intervention at all....:hmm::thumbs:
How quickly have you been receiving them ?
I have an order with them for some bumper caps that was supposedly processed a week ago and I haven't received it yet.

Hey Andy - just fitted some to my Goldeneye! Cover up the wear round the buttons great.
Got mine from Phil too.
Cheers
Garry

Stupid question - can you install these without using the screws....don't want to put holes in the cab, just want to protect from wear. Or are there other protectors that don't need screwing in to the cab?

Stupid question - can you install these without using the screws....don't want to put holes in the cab, just want to protect from wear. Or are there other protectors that don't need screwing in to the cab?

Have always thought the same thing with these, guessing it's ok when covering up existing wear as assuming they won't be removed but adding them to an undamaged cab ironically means causing damage that can be seen if they are removed :rolleyes:

There are self adhesive film ones available, like these ...

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Flipper_Protectors.html

I think others sell them if you search around.

I once bought some from a UK ebay seller but to be honest the particular ones I got were a pig to fit due to the thinness of the material/adhesive strength - tricky to get in position, I ended up wrinkling them, swearing, and binning them :rofl:

I don't know how the flange (ooerrr missus) on the flipper button sits on them. If you have to unscrew the flipper button then screw them through the protector would that be enough to old them on ?

The flipper button flange doesn't sit on top of the protector, these have to be screwed into the cab to stay in place :thumbs:

When I receive mine I think I will model them in Solidworks. I can then get some laser cut with smaller holes so that the flipper button clamps it in place.
Worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom