What's new

Flip Out London - Grand Opening!

What a quality idea I’d def join

I was just thinking the other day where can I play pinball in and around London there’s no where else bar Chief Coffee that I’m aware of

Great to hear about more Pinball in London, particularly after the sad news about The Pipeline.

Any plans to hold evenings where people could maybe pay to come along and play? Not much point me being a member as i'm up north and not in London that regularly; but if there were occasional open nights where I could pop by and play then i'd certainly be interested.

The PinLab in Copenhagen has a tuesday night event they run each week where you turn up, sling £10 in a pot and then play all night until around midnight. They usually around a friendly tournament as well and it's a great way to play a fair few different machines. I'm not suggesting something so frequent but maybe once you're established you could do it on a monthly basis or something?

My local flipper club has been going for 27 years and membership has never been stronger. 30+ machines. Officially opens once a month, but it's open to members every Friday, 8ish to sometime after midnight. 100chf per year or 15chf on the door inc. a free drink. All profits go to support the future of the club. All machines donated by members. It's it a big basement that we get real cheap, as it's in the middle of nowhere, else the annual membership would be higher. Everyone trusts everyone else. It works. Great place to be on Friday nights.

There are several other pinball clubs near me also, each with a different model, but my local is the oldest and friendliest!

Good luck with the venture, Matt and team!

My first ever experience of a members club was in Switzerland, it had a 50's style bar/diner and a great selection of games. It has been one of my inspirations for a long time!

Probably hurri.ch, sadly gone now.

Checkout pincity.ch for even more inspiration.

That's a bit more than 15chf to get in, but the experience is exceptional.

I work with one of the owners.

I doubt we will get the clubb to that level anytime soon, but in time if successfull, who knows.

My first ever experience of a members club was in Switzerland, it had a 50's style bar/diner and a great selection of games. It has been one of my inspirations for a long time!
My first experience of a members club, two women stripped off and we sprayed them with water pistols.....don't seem to remember seeing any pinball machines though....maybe I was in the wrong place? Fun though..

Flip Out London goes live this weekend with our Grand Opening!

Doors open at 10am on Saturday & Sunday and close when it gets late or everyone has gone home.

Entry to the club is £10 per day or sign up for monthly membership at £20 pcm.

The London Pinball League is taking place on Sunday, this is £5 or free to club members.

The club has a lounge with leather sofa's, computer games and toys for any little ones (also for the big kids too). There are separate men's and women's toilets, a workshop and a good kitchen as well.

The likely machine line up will be:

Medieval Madness
Cactus Canyon
Creature from the black Lagoon
Dirty Harry
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Corvette
Scared Stiff
Jackbot
Black Pyramid
Shaq Attack
Flash Gordon
Game Show
World Cup Soccer
Game of Thrones LE
Centaur
Goldeneye
Dracula
Sopranos
Elvis
Black Knight 2000
Attack from Mars
Twilight Zone
Flash
Ski Hi
Playboy
Junk Yard
Champion Pub
Party Zone
Wheel of Fortune

The address is Unit 10, James Business Park, Mill Lane, Croydon, CR0 4AA.

We hope to see you there!

Best of luck with this Matt and a fantastic line up of machines too :thumbs:

All those in the area, make sure you support this venture as best you can!

Best of luck Matt - Can't make this one, but will try to get down next year!
Looks like a great setup :thumbs:

What's the plan for the Saturday Matt? Is there a ribbon-cutting or celebratory cake?

I can make the Sunday, but both days there is going to be a little tricky! Would love to pop in if I have time on Saturday for sure.

Great job by the founding club members! See you Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats on putting this together buddy, wish you all the best and hope to get down for a visit sometime.

Thank you all for your kind words.

I would like to point out that the club is a not for profit members club with open books, run for the benefit of the members.

We have 10 founding members (not just me) that are funding the club to get it off the ground and also make up the club's committee. The hope is that through memberships and events we will create a self sustaining facility that the whole community can enjoy!

Nice one Matt well done - Next time I'm in London must look it up!!!

Cheers

Kev

Back
Top Bottom