What's new

Flip Out London - Grand Opening!

Matt Vince

Site Supporter
I am pleased to announce that the new venue will house dozens of games and provide good facilities. The non-profit club will survive on members subscription fee's of £20 per month (Initially propped up by generous Founding Members).

Starting in October, we hope to hold a number of social and competitive events at the venue and hope that you would like to join us?

There will be more info to follow, please get in touch if you would like to be a member, donate a sofa, wall decoration or even cutlery. (we are starting from scratch)

There is a face book group for the members, if you commit to being a member now you will get to vote on club matters (currently what it will be called)

Thanks guys but there is a group of founding members, and standard members that have already committed to the club which has enabled us to get a foot in the door, we will need as much support as we can get to keep it going!

Sounds great Matt! I'm interested, however don't use FB. I'll keeps an eye out on here for further details...

Nice. Are you doing a 'pay and play' option for people that live quite a distance but can make the occasional trip or is it just £20/month option?

This is still to be agreed upon by the committee. The impotant thing is that there is a clear benefit to being a member, that could mean that non members are only able to attend 'public' events and comps or perhaps will need to be signed in with a member at a cost. This will be agreed once the club constitution is finalised.

(Apologies for not having all the answers now. I should have held fire on announcing until we had done all this, but got ****ed and over excited last night!)

I was just thinking that you might be limiting yourself to people that live locally. People do travel for pinball and maybe £10 entry on the day might encourage those people.

Really pleased your hard work has paid off and well done on getting it started. Look forward to further details.

I was just thinking that you might be limiting yourself to people that live locally. People do travel for pinball and maybe £10 entry on the day might encourage those people.

Really pleased your hard work has paid off and well done on getting it started. Look forward to further details.
Yeah I'll be lucky to get there once a year so joining is out, definitely need a pay on the door price too.....please :)

This sounds great but like others I don’t think I can become a member when it’s unlikely I’ll be able to make the 1.5 hour journey across London on a regular basis. I’d be very happy to pay £10 or more on the door when I am able to brave the journey though!

i think making it as available as possible should be a goal but lets get the basics sorted out so its worthwhile folks travelling.

Yeah, thinking about this too, I know I mentioned I'd be happy to support as a member for £20 a month, but I reckon I'd never get there 'just because I fancied it' except for an event. So I'm also keen on the entry-on-the-day price as I'm sure the commitee would want membership to be worthwhile and actually used..

I'd have been a paid up member on day one if I still lived in London, but I'm 2.5 hours away now so I'd only really likely be able to make an event rather than just popping by
So another request to pay on the door for any events!

Great news and well done Matt for putting this together! :thumbs:

I would emplore all local pinheads to support this venture as much as possible and make sure it is successful

Was at the venue tonight and it’s got huge potential - it’s going to be fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom