What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scamming 101: A plausible price but cheap enough that people will forgo their usual safety checks because they don't want to miss out.

Williams "Time Fantasy " on ebay currently , there can't be many in the UK , may be the only one , it is a great game , played it in PAPA Hq ,Snail Time :D , but dunno if its worth just south of £2k ?? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Williams...650278?hash=item3d79ee11a6:g:xtYAAOSwuJRb0v0I

Time Fantasy is a stripped down, cost cut game from 1983. After the high water mark SS beauties of 79 to 82 (Fathom, Black Hole, Black Knight etc etc) the games went South. Drop targets were swapped out for standups. Speech cards removed. Games were produced with just 2 score displays ...

Things only picked up again around 1986 (High Speed).

The game arguably has less in it than a 1979 Gorgar. Not even worth a grand imho, maybe 700 ?

The MM seller didn’t reply to my emails either. I really don’t understand how the scammer is going to get my cash?
Do they expect me to just send the cash and cross my fingers.
Weird scam with very little chance of payout at the end as far as I can see.

Hardly fair as they don’t seem to be in London either :hmm::D

I actually got an email asking where I lived, and when I responded I got a mail from Gumtree saying the user could be “suspicious” and they were investigating! Now listing removed.....

The seller probably saw the other one selling for 1k more and wonders why his didnt reach that height.

Watch out on Guntree.
There's a few tossers on there that think they can scam. Could be the same twat.

removed emails :)

They use pictures from Google. One was a pic from LA? they kept the wheeley bin in the picture .....

Last edited:
I actually got an email asking where I lived, and when I responded I got a mail from Gumtree saying the user could be “suspicious” and they were investigating! Now listing removed.....

Yeah, I reported it to gumtree, I expect others did too. It's nice to see they check these things quite quickly.

Simple. His looked sh#ttier [emoji23] Though the 5.2k was just an average old TAF tbh. Is that a record high for a TAF auction? - must be close.

If anyone wants mine for 5k drop me a line [emoji3]
Why couldn't you have said this a few weeks ago? :(:)

Regards those Addams.. yeah, the £4.2k was in worse condition than the other. The description has just been lifted from that Gold one too, it talks about there being no faults on self diag, and being in "full working order" even though it looks like only the right slingshot GI works. £4.2k for what could be a moneypit TAF is pretty astonishing though.

EDIT: There's more photos than there was last time around, and it has been around the block a bit...

Last edited:
There are currently multiple TAF's with the same pictures on eBay.

Yeah I noticed that - he seemed to have relisted it 3 times. And all 3 had bids running last night ! :hmm::rofl::cuckoo:

Looks like he has consolidated it into one listing now... and yeah this is the 4.2K one that 'sold' yesterday. On one of the duplicate listings he has now removed he said it was being relisted because people wanted more pictures. Whatever. I wouldn't be touching this with a bargepole now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Origiona...991497?hash=item4b557fe209:g:EIEAAOSwF-9b4s2I

I'm really curious to see what it goes for (again), simply because the photos are ridiculous. It looks like it's just dumped in a garage somewhere. In one of the photos it's actually sat on top of a bike tire with a load of other crap underneath and nearby. I mean it's like the seller is doing an experiment to see how bad you can do it and still make thousands.

At least the GI looks like its (mostly?) working now though.

There are currently multiple TAF's with the same pictures on eBay.

Is it a genuine mistake or some thing more fishy?

As well as pinball I rather keen on my old cars, I was taking a look at the weekend and found the same car listed 3 times, obviously by three 'different' sellers, checking out the other items they had for sale 1500 other vehicles, all silly cheap. As fast as they were being reported to eBay they were being relisted from different (hacked?) accounts.

Surely the TAF Gold that was multiple listed is a bit dodgy, I know some of these things aren't definitive to authenticity, but, non gold cabinet, non gold ramps, non gold book case, non gold bumper caps, no pictures of the serial plate, none gold side rails, non gold lockdown bar, non gold legs........................................................ apparently it IS a gold machine though :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom