What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borgining to get silly now

In all honesty though a bit of elbow grease on that machine would make it so-so :p

Not at that money though

Last edited:
They have got a taf at 3.5k. Which considering how hot these are at the mo could be worth it? Can't see details on my phone. Looks worn around normal places? No topper.

Has anyone done any shipping from Europe before? I always look longingly at the adverts on pinballowners but have no idea what the logistics of bringing one over would be.

Looks alright.. dirty, but ok. Bizarrely the Thing flipper has been removed and replaced with a star post?

Here's the link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Addams-Family-Bally-Flipper/312329992044
Filthy ramps (actually filthy everything including the inserts), missing plastics, missing Thing flipper! (as you've said), lane guide on left lanes is pushed right in, metals all need some work, missing bulb condoms, targets needs to be replaced, some insert damage, looks like the mylar is dirty underneath and will need removing / replacing in places, cab looks ok but the backbox hinges and rails need work. Looks like it has been stored in a dampish environment.

Lots of work for £3.5k, assuming that it actually works! No pictures of the inside which I suspect won't look too pretty..

Has anyone done any shipping from Europe before? I always look longingly at the adverts on pinballowners but have no idea what the logistics of bringing one over would be.
Yes but only NIB. The machine needs to be palleted. Lots of courier options available from around £200 (+ insurance). Door-to-door delivery.

Filthy ramps (actually filthy everything including the inserts), missing plastics, missing Thing flipper! (as you've said), lane guide on left lanes is pushed right in, metals all need some work, missing bulb condoms, targets needs to be replaced, some insert damage, looks like the mylar is dirty underneath and will need removing / replacing in places, cab looks ok but the backbox hinges and rails need work. Looks like it has been stored in a dampish environment.

Lots of work for £3.5k, assuming that it actually works! No pictures of the inside which I suspect won't look too pretty..
Oh, and no topper!

I recently imported a shopped TAF on impulse from Europe (couldn't find a comparable one here for sub £7.5k) and it went smoothly enough. Was shipped on a pallet for approx €250 including insurance, and the seller sent me photos showing it getting packaged up. Took about a week to arrive, and I had no tracking whatsoever. I only knew for sure I hadn't been scammed when the UK courier phoned me to arrange delivery.

That said I'm not sure I'd ever do it again. When it turned up the pallet straps had gone walkabouts (apparently a common thing), the UK driver thankfully noticed this when it was loaded and had decided to brace it himself against the side of his lorry, otherwise I have no doubt it would've toppled off the pallet doing untold damage. If it had I don't know what I would've done as I'm not a restorer or a particularly skilled maintainer. But I was desperate for a TAF to the point that I had mentally written off the money in my head if things had gone wrong.

The only real problems I had with mine so far (touch wood) is that the guy inexplicably left the balls in, so they had ended up right at the back of the machine, along with the backbox keys. I also have a rollover switch that needs a bit of adjusting. Basically routine stuff.

Then there's also the other factor of sending a lot of money to someone via bank transfer and the risk of them just disappearing. You get to a point in negotiations where it's basically a leap of faith. No one I've spoken to would consider doing escrow (I guess they think they could get scammed themselves).

It's a bit of a gamble on something that you can't see working in person (unless you do a road trip which I don't have time for), or it's cheap enough and you're in the engineer trade that you can fix whatever is wrong when it turns up.

I've brought games in from France, Belgium, Spain, Hungary and Croatia using different courier methods. Not something I'd generally recommend for people who are new to the hobby as the risks are a lot higher than buying in the UK. Biggest advice I can give you is only go for it if the money you'll be sending is something you can afford to lose :thumbs:

Why would someone replace the thing flipper with a star post??? I hadnt noticed it by that's a bad sign in my view.
I too have imported from france and belgium. My advice is to try to do some research on the people you buy from. Just to convince yourself that they exist and that you know where to find them if things go wrong.

It was a long time ago that I shipped from Italy. It's a worry sending funds not knowing if the item will arrive.

I called PayPal from memory to get clear cut advice on weather is be covered and I told the seller if pay the fees PayPal charged him for receiving funds.

It cost a bit but I felt more secure.

Sent from the comfort of my Sofa

@stumblor is that the Swiss TAF your thinking about?

Mate the list is endless. :p

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm not sure I'd ever feel comfortable (or more importantly be able to explain to my wife) that amount of money going missing so I might leave it to the professionals and continue to ogle them from afar.

Mate the list is endless. :p

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm not sure I'd ever feel comfortable (or more importantly be able to explain to my wife) that amount of money going missing so I might leave it to the professionals and continue to ogle them from afar.

It's a fair bit to spend. Wish I started 10 years ago.

I'm like a Fox watching the chickens in a coop.
Soon as ones loose I try to catch it but it's snatched before my very eyes.

I have Sgt Grizz to thank for this.....

After spotting the Stern tournament button on my FT, it drove me nuts that I hadn't noticed despite having one on a game right next to it:hmm::hmm::cuckoo::cuckoo:

So, it had to go.

And thanks to this thread look what is now on instead. And yes, it is illuminated:cool::cool::cool:

And Fishy ain't go anywhere, although it has asked for a WH20 to go next to it:rolleyes:

IMG_4412.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom