What's new

EAG EXPO, EXCEL, LONDON this week

That wasn’t said to **** you of Phil just the truth. I am gutted as was suppose to be a planned fun day. Maybe next year get Doug and Jake to stay to meet his loyal home owners who spend big money on these pins and who will keep spending as Pinball is only getting bigger.

I am sorry you are disappointed. Had i known I would have advised the plans.

To be honest we only really firmed up plans last week.

We will be back next year! Same place. Same time. Same people.

Phil

last year lots of the cast of only fools were there, and Kirk is there and is a top bloke and will sign anything you want I am sure ;)
And also sarge and Dan will be there, and Dan will no doubt sign anything :clap:

That wasn’t said to **** you of Phil just the truth. I am gutted as was suppose to be a planned fun day. Maybe next year get Doug and Jake to stay to meet his loyal home owners who spend big money on these pins and who will keep spending as Pinball is only getting bigger.

You do realise this is a trade show?

Anyone going today?

i'm going to pop over at about 1 to try and catch George Gomez. I managed to get my batman translite out so hoping he might sign it for me. Assuming he is still there, i have to admit to being stupid in listening to the crap advice of coming the last day, at most trade shows everyone but the idiots has ****ed off home. Happens at every trade show.

Neil.

Yes course I do what’s your point? There is no difference to be fair in a trader or a home use costumer we all still spend big money on these if bought from new.

i'm going to pop over at about 1 to try and catch George Gomez. I managed to get my batman translite out so hoping he might sign it for me. Assuming he is still there, i have to admit to being stupid in listening to the crap advice of coming the last day, at most trade shows everyone but the idiots has ****ed off home. Happens at every trade show.

Neil.
Yep I think I will go on the first day next year as I have a road trip to get there so need it to be worth while going.

Got a workshop class so I can't make it

putting my pinball machines into one of my clients has driven them to want to put some games out across their entire estate (vids and pins), about 30 locations and they asked me to look at it so I thought going to a trade show might be the best way of doing this, hopefully the distributors that are there can help me as I have to spend the money by the end of March.

Last edited by a moderator:
He signed a bunch of stuff for me before but would be great to get batman signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

what’s your point?

my point is that your posts read as you're miffed you can't meet your mates and Jack. It's not that sort of show.
If you want to meet up try NERG, NLP, League meets, Swavesey. If you want to meet celebrities then it's one of the big shows.
Having a go at Phil because plans changed is, frankly, out of order.

(some of) You guys imagine Jack/Doug were sat around waiting to meet and greet fans, in reality, because its a trade show, Jack was sat talking to distributors for HOURS AND HOURS, I hardly saw him. Doug had similar meetings but generally was much more available than Jack.

There does appear to be a few teddies getting thrown out of cots over this for some reason.

Phil

I've done god knows how many game expos, trade shows, events and conferences over the last 25 years. Unless it's a public/consumer day then the trade days are what they are.

Generally it means meeting distributors, agents, licensors, trade customers - ie the business side. It's night and day from a consumer focused event. Companies are generally there to meet and greet clients, not customers. My 2p.

Also, I generally loathe shows, expos, events where you have to shave, wear a suit, talk to people you'd usually rather not and be nice to everyone :)

@Neil McRae I was just talking to Jack via text while he is in the sky going home and said how upset you were and how you were looking to become an operator overnight, he sent me this picture of you both and said as an apology, he will personally knock $500 off any JJP you buy today.

IMG_0362.jpeg

i'm not looking at becoming an operator overnight - there isn't enough money in for me!

my client is looking to buy some games and has asked me to procure them with management etc.

People wonder why this industry is in the sorry state its in...

Cheers,
Neil.

Also, I generally loathe shows, expos, events where you have to shave, wear a suit, talk to people you'd usually rather not and be nice to everyone :)

amen to that. Done one last week and have a mega event in Barcelona in March.

my point is that your posts read as you're miffed you can't meet your mates and Jack. It's not that sort of show.
If you want to meet up try NERG, NLP, League meets, Swavesey. If you want to meet celebrities then it's one of the big shows.
Having a go at Phil because plans changed is, frankly, out of order.
I am not having a go at Phil, he said come on a thurs and jack and Doug was going to be there. I wanted to talk to Doug about my afmr as I said to him I was coming and he was cool with that on the phone chat with him. I don’t get some people on here. So now I am having a go at Phil. How you get that to that. Can you read!

Back
Top Bottom