What's new

EAG EXPO, EXCEL, LONDON this week

I assume Phil’s distributing them now which might be ok to get the machine but I’d be
more worried about not being able to get parts or fixes. Sure a lot of them are generic but a lot aren’

Yeah, most of the mechanical parts (switches, coils etc) are the same as B/W machines, and it's run via a PC / P3-ROC which is obtainable, but I'm slightly concerned about what would happen if the playfield boards do go - especially as the new Chinese ones have a totally different board design, and that there are only 50 odd with the original design out there. Here's hoping the boards are built well.

Surprised Stern didn't mention that they are doing AC/DC Luci Vault edition? They are doing a small run.

Dave yikes!

How are you so sure of the date? I thought they were going to sell new Chinese ones to get the money to build the ones for people who had paid?

Not completely sure.. after Chinese NY they start production.. they will build new money ones first, with a few EA ones.. think 45-50 are out there already, which means I’m 75th or so line..
guess we will see

Who is Gary flowers .

!!!!?!!!...... :rolleyes:

Gary Flower is as close to the UK gets in terms of pinball legend. He has been hardcore pinball since before some people on here were born ...seriously. It would be not be exaggerating to say that without Gary the UK pinball scene would be very different today.

On a personal level .... I'm forever grateful to Gary for his support of the South Coast Slams ...no Gary would have meant no Gary Stern, no Steve Ritchie, and many other strings would not have been pulled. Total character, always a pleasure to hang out with Mr F.

Rather than waffle on about the multitude of pinball projects Gary has been involved with I'll just politely point you towards this article.

http://www.pingamejournal.com/articles/makehtma.php?file=article07.txt

giphy (35).gif

Even for last day it was dead BUT best selection of pins ever seen at a UK trade show.

Just need more ops to take the pinball plunge (no pun intended!)

Some good VR arcade games as well

It will be hard eough for @philpalmer to flog pinball machines to operators as it is, so keeping his stand free of swarming geeks for a couple of days so that he and the manufacturers can seduce potential commercial customers seems a sensible approach to me

I once emailed Jack himself and he got back to me that day. I have also met the fella, and with the best will in the world he is no Margot robbie/ Emilia Clarke/ Karlie kloss etc

Reading this makes me wonder.... how many operators are there in the UK who do pins, and how many pinball machines are they looking after? Anyone know? I would have though pinball machines are an operators worst nightmare, being far more prone to issues than other types of equipment.

I agree Steve great selection of games, and chance to get up close and personal with potential purchases like jj pirates, guardians or lebowski and judge for yourself .

It will be hard eough for @philpalmer to flog pinball machines to operators as it is, so keeping his stand free of swarming geeks for a couple of days so that he and the manufacturers can seduce potential commercial customers seems a sensible approach to me

I once emailed Jack himself and he got back to me that day. I have also met the fella, and with the best will in the world he is no Margot robbie/ Emilia Clarke/ Karlie kloss etc

Double edge sword isn't it, whilst swarming is good for business as it shows how popular it can be. You also don't want to be missing possible business talking "shop" to non-operators.

would be interesting to know what the split is between ops and private buyers in the UK in terms of total spend. Apart from a couple of places in the seaside I don't think I've come across a pin outside of Matt Vince's places, Tilt and Chief in the UK.

Looking at companies house its kinda scary what you find. Electrocoin is a group of companies and one Electrocoin company seems to have gone bust recently.

Don't forget wee me Neil. Only one pin granted but all can come and play TAF till their hearts content!

Ops often ask for your opinion and even if game is a turd (striker extreme comes to mind) you act positive . at the 1989 show l (legitimatly!) Gushed over Taxi and a seaside op turned round to Matthew Deith and ordered 5!

This year was best for quality but could never match quantity. In 1993 there were over 50 pins including banks of Doctor Who LW3 etc

And the worst on both counts

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/atei2001/atei.html

I think that the collective for geek is a swarm of geeks. Otherwise found in a den of geek, generally living alone

Back
Top Bottom