What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired DMD Led Color DMDMK66 128x32, 192x64, 128x16 manufactured by Pinballsp

Expired Due to no activity
because install the video controller (based on Z80 processor)

Will it totally replace the PCB on the back of the DMD then and in turn the display ROM plug into your board (as well as a MicroSD)?

Great to see the small DMD games getting some love as there are some quality shop logs going on at the moment here.

Will it totally replace the PCB on the back of the DMD then and in turn the display ROM plug into your board (as well as a MicroSD)?

Great to see the small DMD games getting some love as there are some quality shop logs going on at the moment here.

Yes, this DMD replace old, only must remove Rom chip from original DMD and place to DMDMK64, or if you do not keep it may download file from IPDB and burn in a Rom chip. Micro SD card is to store config of colors, and in next versions of firmware even to store advanced colored full game frame by frame.

At any rate may be, I will provide the DMDMK64 already with a Rom, but with a 4Mb Rom (instead of original 1Mb) with all games already burned, so only will must to select the game with a few jumpers and simply change jumpers to install in a different game (so do not need burn a new Rom).

Let us know when it's ready and I'm sure a few of us will jump in and try one if the price is right. I love my colorDMD displays but £350 is too expensive when used fully working originals can be had for £100

@pinballsp

Good work, as ever, luis.

So is the 128*32 (standard) DMD going to be the last to be available? After SEGA and early DE ones?

Have you begun looking at an Android colouring studio app yet?

Can I suggest you pre register before you ship and just charge extra for the licence so they are truly plug and play please as they are useless without registration anyways..

Hello Courtney

If you refer to DMDST32 based on pin2md, sorry but it's not possible because Joerg from pin2dmd do not want I provide licenses. So, always, user must request license to Joerg. Some time people request me the ID in advance so they order license to Joerg, and when they receive product may activate inmediately. I'ts the only I may do, provide ID in advance.

With my new product DMDMK64, firmware is developed by me, so product will be ready to work, do not need pay and wait for any license to activate product.

@pinballsp

Good work, as ever, luis.

So is the 128*32 (standard) DMD going to be the last to be available? After SEGA and early DE ones?

Have you begun looking at an Android colouring studio app yet?

Thank you.
The planning to release the product is 128x32, 192x64 and finally 128x16.

I have not had time yet to review the software development based on Android, first I want release and offer the three products with basic colorize, next will be options to apply set of colors by Keyframe/animation, and finally advanced color.

I wouldn't of thought the large saga displays are worth producing in numbers. I know the pin2dmd guys have done one.

I think the normal size dmd is worth producing. Maybe that can be converted with software to run the smaller data east display?!

Seriously do not think a lot of the large dmd games still exist. I know of a load that have been skipped over the years.

Excellent news on the non license edition of your new display. I'm sure I will continue ordering your products !

I think the normal size dmd is worth producing. Maybe that can be converted with software to run the smaller data east display?!

Not possible, because the original 128x16 DMD install the controller board in DMD, so need special hardware to may work, this is based in vintage Z80 processor, and need add it to hardware, also RAM and ROM to run original animations.

Design of the new Multicolor DMDMK64 128x16 ( compatible Hook, Star Trek, Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Checkpoint). Hardware based on a powerful Kinetis MK64 microcontroller.

In spite of being a smaller screen and with less resolution, the design is more complex, since the original DMD install in the DMD board the video controller (Z80, RAm, Rom and some 74xx/40xx chips).

I still have to review the designs of this and the 192x64, but if there are no unexpected, they can go to the factory Monday or Tuesday, and have the prototype mounted a week later.

The features are similar to the 128x32 model. Optional can install USB or CAN bus to communicate with a Topper display, WIFI/2.4Ghz for wireless configuration and/or communication wireless with a Topper display. The SD card is fast access parallel 4 bits, which will allow to store complete colored games.

This DMD is 100% plug and play, and requires no external power supply, will be supplied with a cable to connect directly to the 12VDC of the pinball.
I must check yet if possible store all games in one Rom, and select game with jumpers, so will not need burn Rom by game.

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_screen21.jpg

In a few days will be available DMDST32 big board without external power supply (practically PLug and PLay), directly connect to pinball 12VDC supply with one UNIVERSAL cable and a new quick splice connectors, so do not need different custom cables for each pinball manufacturer, but only ONE Universal cable to connect 12VDC very fast and easy to any pinball. The new quick splice connectors allow Plug- Unplug easy and fast after install.

With this new option, avoid external power supply and avoid connect to high voltage (100VAC). I will provide new instructions with pictures to connect the new cable to 12VDC in any pinball. Same will be available for DMDMK64. The 128x16 and 192x64 always will be 100% plug and play, no power supply required.

At any rate, DMDST32 and DMDMK64 boards yet will keep OPTIONAL install external power supply, if user require it, for example for virtual pinball (if no 12VDC available). After check all options, I think UNIVERSAL 12VDC cable and quick splices Plug-Unplug is the best option for a Plug and Play DMD.

DMDST32 Big board with 12VDC PLug and Play cable, is the cheaper in the market currently, only 184€ + freight cost. Optional extras; WIFI, preconfigured SD card, Topper connector, Amber FILTER, RS232 port, Chip enhancer.

Orders contact by email pinballsp@gmail.com, Skype pinballsp, Whatsapp +34 693 344 445 and Facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_dmdst311.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_dmdst310.jpg

Last edited:
When do you anticipate it being production ready? By the beginning of summer?

Do not know yet exactly, problem is now I'm developing several projects at time and this delay all (DMDMK64, DMD 128x16, DMD 192x64, Hologram mod for Creature, and some custom projects).
I hope in about 2 months may be ready.

I'd have thought concentrating on getting the 128x32 done, which will likely be your biggest seller, would be the best idea. Or perhaps even more importantly, doing the colouring software ... the sooner that is out, the sooner people can begin colouring and offer feedback and suggestions.

I'd have thought concentrating on getting the 128x32 done, which will likely be your biggest seller, would be the best idea. Or perhaps even more importantly, doing the colouring software ... the sooner that is out, the sooner people can begin colouring and offer feedback and suggestions.

I will try to finish DMDMK64 as soon as possibly, maybe I've started too many projects at once.

Are the old Pin2DMD boards still for sale?

Small boards Red and Black, I do not manufacture them anymore.
Currently I only manufacture the blue big board, in picture with power supply, but soon will be 12VDC version without power supply (this optional if somebody request it).

i37.servimg.com_u_f37_19_51_27_33_sin_ty13.jpg

Luis. How much is the blue boarded one and how long is the waiting time

Only the board, without led panels ??.
Then deduct the cost of the Led panels from the price of the full DMDST32, so it's 184 - 34 = 150€.

I ship product in 2-3 days, except if I'm out of stock about some component.

No. Need full unit!

What voltage does this work on. You have so many options that it is difficult to work out what you get for your money as lots of the circuit board is unpopulated.

No. Need full unit!

What voltage does this work on. You have so many options that it is difficult to work out what you get for your money as lots of the circuit board is unpopulated.

Ok, then DMDST32 full assembled, price is 184€ + freight cost (26€ to UK).
Optional extras; WIFI +9€, Amber filter +19€, Sd card preconfigured +9€, Topper connector +9€, RS232 port +9€, Chip enhancer for SAM/Spike/Data E. +9€.

About current blue board, I may offer it with power supply to connect to 100VAC or with DC-DC switched converter to work directly to 12VDC. Currently I only manufacture the big blue board.

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_dmdst311.jpg

Practically ready the new DMDST32 12VDC.

This do not need high voltage power supply, but connect directly to pinball 12VDC. Also provide ONE 12VDC UNIVERSAL cable (do not need custom cables by pinball manufacturer) with new quick splice plug-unplug connectors for fast and easy installation, allow unplug easy without remove installation to move DMD to another pinball. Practically this is Plug and Play in a few minutes.

Now external power supply, is optional and yet may install in board, I keep option for people that may require it, for example for some virtual pinball installtion if 12VDC not available or any other requirement.

Pictures attached, about the switched 12V DC-DC converter to 5V 5A, that install this DMDST32 12VDC version. Price keep same 184€ + freight cost, and power supply 100-250VAC now is optional with price +18€.

12VDC will be also available in DMDMK64.

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_img_2013.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_img_2010.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_img_2014.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_img_2012.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_img_2011.jpg

Last edited:

In about one week I will receive board for the new DMDST32 12V DC Ready, this get power supply directly from 12V DC, do not need external power supply, do not connect to high voltage.

This DMD install new model of led panels, with better features, according with manufacturer improve "Refresh rate more good and more better remove shadow effect". So, may be solve also the bleeding, though I must test it yet to confirm.

The Led panel manufacturer has change panel design, and these do not fit with my current DMDST32 big board, so I have change my design to may install the new led panels.

Also I have improve design, remove not used components (some holes, connectors, super capacitors, etc...), improve the switched DC-DC, center in board, with a new horizontal inductor. This is the official 12VDC Ready DMD232 Edition, to connect directly to 12VCD instead of to high voltage AC, external power supply may install yet but its optional.

Add push button to enter in Update mode, this is better because DIL switch fail frequently, Add 2 x buffer chips to connect a Topper with P5 panels. Data and power cables, will be custom cables, with correct length, so avoid must to fold and fasten cable with flanges. Also the power supply cables are now custom cables with 4 short wires soldered directly to board, no more long cables, so better and profesional look. And if no more manufacturer changes, this will be the last version of DMDST32 I will manufacture until I release DMDMK64.

So, it's time to provide full information with pictures to identify WHERE connect in each pinball manufacturer, to get 12V DC. Start with Bally/Williams, WPC89 (WPC89, WPC-S, WPC-DCS) and WPC95. Next days I will post pictures to identify 12v DC in all pinball manufacturers (Data East, Stern SAM, Spike, Gottlieb, Capcom).

This 12V DC Ready, will be also available in DMDMK64. Both also may install external 100VAC power supply, for special installations, like virtual pinball, this will be optional.

vpuniverse.com_forums_attach_monthly_2017_03_ScreenHunter_005.9b27abf385d55c06eef76d44f963fed1.jpg

vpuniverse.com_forums_attach_monthly_2017_03_ScreenHunter_006.e41c6c02a9339f1a5ba706fb0bccf040.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_wpc89_13.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_wpc89_16.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_wpc89_17.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_wpc95_11.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_wpc95_10.jpg

Last edited:

Data East identify, where connect to get 12V DC power supply for last "DMDST32 12VDC Ready Edition". Start to ship this new 12V DC version DMD, next Monday.
This information, will be also useful to connect DMDMK64 to 12V DC.

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_data_111.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_data_110.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_data_115.jpg

Back
Top Bottom