What's new

Found it! Diner or World Cup Soccer

Our first sys11 so I'm a bit in the dark!
(Bk2k was meant to be my first but Martin hasn't been yet🤣).

The cab is near mint considering the age. Few typical dings and small scratches but the yellow isn't faded at all.

Probably be a thread about fixing this going up soon.

All we were told was 'board damage' and I struggle to see any except the battery holders.
There's a chip that says nvram so I'm assuming it doesn't need batteries?

Should we plug all the connectors in and turn on to see if there's any info?

20220307_172735.jpg
20220307_172653.jpg
20220307_172636.jpg

20220307_172630.jpg

@Lecari and for anyone else who's interested. When my interests in pinball returned, I watched all of Spida1a YouTube videos. In episode 13, he reviews his Diner.

At around 6.50 he explains about the playfield and at 7.44 he explains the story behind the yellow wire form.

Should we plug all the connectors in and turn on to see if there's any info?

We’re you told why it wasn’t working? Looks like it had battery leakage in the past. Some times the damage caused by leakage can’t be seen other than the battery holder itself.

I’d plug everything in, check the fuses, turn it on and see what happens. 👍🏻

Congrats getting the game. Its not gonna boot with all that battery leakage. That will need addressing .

Couldn't tell if that's what was around all those chips.
Usually battery damage I've seen seen looks more obvious... Speaking as a newb so I don't know.

It has nvram so I would have thought he previous owner removed batteries and upgraded so must have worked after batteries.

I guess we find a board or get it repaired 😁

Couldn't tell if that's what was around all those chips.
Usually battery damage I've seen seen looks more obvious... Speaking as a newb so I don't know.

It has nvram so I would have thought he previous owner removed batteries and upgraded so must have worked after batteries.

I guess we find a board or get it repaired 😁
Possibly but the acid can keep eating away over time if not neutralised and cleaned up and then one day …. It just doesn’t work .

Congratulations on getting Diner 😃 Hopefully you will get it up and running soon. Let me know if you need any parts as I have quite a few left over after refurbishing my one.

Possibly but the acid can keep eating away over time if not neutralised and cleaned up and then one day …. It just doesn’t work .

That’s exactly what happened with my JD. Had previous battery damage that was cleaned up and was still working for quite a while.
Then all of a sudden it had issues with the service buttons before it eventually packed in. It just keeps eating away at it.

Yeah that fuzzyness you see on those ICs is acid. Consideribg that, and the bodges, I would personally chuck it in the skip and source a new one. It'll never be right. Life's too short!

Brilliant score though guys the game itself looks great. Just have to wait a little longer for your first game!

Yeah that fuzzyness you see on those ICs is acid. Consideribg that, and the bodges, I would personally chuck it in the skip and source a new one. It'll never be right. Life's too short!

Brilliant score though guys the game itself looks great. Just have to wait a little longer for your first game!
I’d agree . You gonna pay a good chunk for repair - bite the bullet and go new ✊ The world has gone mad …so join in 😎

I’d probably be learning towards getting a new board as well.

It might be repairable but then could fail again in a month or 2. Once that acid takes hold it can cause all sorts of long term issues.

Ps i had to do extensive repair to a similar board with similar battery damage. right below are a couple of 40 pin 6821 pia chips- they were duff,along with quite a few of the supporting logic ic’s. it’s not an easy repair and probably needs sending off somewhere.

Jim'll fix it for us.
I heard replacement boards are hard to find and the rottendog ones aren't great?

Jim'll fix it for us.
I heard replacement boards are hard to find and the rottendog ones aren't great?

The MPU ones are good (imo) it's the power driver boards that get most of the bad press as they have cheap transistors that all fail and need changing out.

The MPU ones are good (imo) it's the power driver boards that get most of the bad press as they have cheap transistors that all fail and need changing out.
I may regret typing this, but all our FT boards except for the CPU are Rottendog and I don’t think they’re what’s causing our FT to have problems :)

@Dave Playman , the new Wes??? ;)

Out of interest, was it a Banzai Run next to the Space Invaders?
Not at all 🤣

Yes, he has a Banzai Run too. We had a few games on it and I took some photos of it while I was there. I advised him if he wants to sell it, I could spread the word on here so he can find a buyer without using eBay 😎

Back
Top Bottom