What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSD Coffin Mod MK2…… Maybe

RudeDogg1

Registered
Right people a few people have asked me now for the long out of production coffin mod. I think because I’ve painted quite a few of them people think I made them. Anyway if I can find the original toys for a sensible price I am willing to reverse engineer a new one. Which will also be better quality. The originals were riddled with air bubbles. Which is the reason why I’m not interested in borrowing someone’s to take a mold of as it will just carry on that problem. Plus I want to cast them in several parts so it isn’t a total ball ache to do. So this is all dependant on wether I can find the McFarlane toy cheap. I can currently only find 3 boxed ones on eBay but they are £160 which I’m not going to pay just to cut it up. Obvs if any of the people interested are willing to pony that up feel free. So might take a while before I locate the toy. Once my fb ban has ended I will trawl the nerd groups. Here’s a pic of the McFarlane toy I will need.

C2A90DF2-723B-48F0-BF9F-397948458457.jpeg

I may even see if I can create a tombstone mod that could incorporate my torch mod

Can't make my mind up of I want the mod or not, maybe with a tombstone and the torches... 🤔

Hi yes I definitely would like one please, also I’ll get the villages off to you.

Thankyou

One thing I'd like to see in a version 2 is a better fit of the coffin.

My current version sits on a slight tilt so it's not fully flush.

The wife refused to let me drill mine so I had to fab some 3D printed posts to hold the torches behind the coffin.

Depending on the tombstone design I could be interested.

The animated coffin mech on pinside is impressive, but the drac inside is not.

I wonder if a colab between you and the mech designer is possible?

One thing I'd like to see in a version 2 is a better fit of the coffin.

My current version sits on a slight tilt so it's not fully flush.

The wife refused to let me drill mine so I had to fab some 3D printed posts to hold the torches behind the coffin.

Depending on the tombstone design I could be interested.

The animated coffin mech on pinside is impressive, but the drac inside is not.

I wonder if a colab between you and the mech designer is possible?

Meh I don’t like that. That’s abit odd the coffin mod I had fitted fine

Fair enough.

Still think some way of animating the coffin wouldn't be a bad shout. But then you know me. ><
If this even happens I very much doubt there will be enough to even warrant thinking about that kinda thing. Also won’t be a cheap mod and I know how tight pinheads are so it will more than likely be a very low run

If this even happens I very much doubt there will be enough to even warrant thinking about that kinda thing. Also won’t be a cheap mod and I know how tight pinheads are so it will more than likely be a very low run
As i'm sure you've seen by now mate, My BSD had no upper limit. :D

Did you go to pinfest btw? If not its a shame as you could have seen it in person.

No m8 not been to a pin event in ages hell I haven’t even played any pinball in ages
A real shame.

Honestly it was a great event. May have given you some inspiration!

Will watch this thread intently. Your work is great!

Scott

Rudi, put me on the list. The quality of your work is amazing. I already have your torches and was still thinking how to finish the coffin without the horrible original unit.

I am also happy to front up some of the cost to buy a model if others want to help out.

Last edited:
Rudi, put me on the list. The quality of your work is amazing. I already have your torches and was still thinking how to finish the coffin without the horrible original unit.

I am also happy to front up some of the cost to buy a model if others want to help out.

I’ll see what the nerd groups come with once my ban is over. Stupid paying NIB price just to cut the toy in half

Last edited by a moderator:
Also may be worth making or altering an existing Dracula Bat STL file and getting it 3D printed?

No idea the size of that file or the size of the figure it needs to be and I’d still need the crate not worth the hassle. I’ve already seen that on ebay

Back
Top Bottom