What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blues Brothers… but by HomePin

Because most modern pins have electronic knockers, and 'man cave' owners, who aren't interested in pinball, want the more authentic knocker.

I doubt most man cave owners even know what a knocker is, or care about them. Such a strange selling point 😄

How about "featuring music from Blues Brother" "TWO SPINNERS, ONE POP" etc😄

I doubt most man cave owners even know what a knocker is, or care about them. Such a strange selling point 😄

Made with tripple ply

I’m sure most man cave owners know exactly what a ‘knocker’ is… ;)

I was elucidating what I assume was Mike’s reasoning. No cheap synthesised knockers on his pins :D

“A fun, nostalgic 70s-style pinball machine with rippable spinners and dynamic pop bumper action!” “Customisable with your favourite Blues’ Brothers music!”

Last edited:
Blues Brothers should have been easy to make a great pin from and this is the best that could be done…..4E96A360-4D63-4517-A34E-294EA737D784.gif

Last edited:
Come on HomePin. It is 2024. We are not all neanderthal creatures with zero respect to women. All a bit too 1976.

@VeeMonroe - I doubt anyone in Tiawan is well paid except for the top few percent.

Obviously he is only interested in supplying to man caves with apes enjoying the latest copy of razzle and getting drunk on 3 litre bottles of supermarket lager.

As has been said before by Mike - this is not our market!

Do not forget - with prices - it is okay being quoted 5000 dollars/euros whatever. But the game is not even made yet. It is a prototype. Once add transportation costs, the growing price of materials, UK VAT and other customs charges I think it would be at least £6K.

He doesnt have any of the rights for the music I would guess - as you need to add it yourself. This is another thing you need to consider if you site it. Do you have the rights to do this (answer is no).

I read someone is rebuilding a Thunderbirds pinball, with new translite and different code. That would be worth seeing.

The UK importer of HomePin is still quoting the pre-discounted price for a Spinal Tap. Have nothing against David but I hope he has not got more than a couple on order.

Come on HomePin. It is 2024. We are not all neanderthal creatures with zero respect to women. All a bit too 1976.

@VeeMonroe - I doubt anyone in Tiawan is well paid except for the top few percent.

Obviously he is only interested in supplying to man caves with apes enjoying the latest copy of razzle and getting drunk on 3 litre bottles of supermarket lager.

As has been said before by Mike - this is not our market!

Do not forget - with prices - it is okay being quoted 5000 dollars/euros whatever. But the game is not even made yet. It is a prototype. Once add transportation costs, the growing price of materials, UK VAT and other customs charges I think it would be at least £6K.

He doesnt have any of the rights for the music I would guess - as you need to add it yourself. This is another thing you need to consider if you site it. Do you have the rights to do this (answer is no).

I read someone is rebuilding a Thunderbirds pinball, with new translite and different code. That would be worth seeing.

The UK importer of HomePin is still quoting the pre-discounted price for a Spinal Tap. Have nothing against David but I hope he has not got more than a couple on order.
Well put, my thoughts exactly.

It would be far more interesting if home pin focused solely on recreating hard to find parts or doing rubbish parts great. Which you did say previously.

Building a machine is difficult but I'm guessing there 3 or 4 disciplines at play, which most people will only be good at one, and only a handful at more than one.

To clarify: The "grid girls" were employed by the event organisers and they went to EVERY display booth to promote the actual events that the promoter holds in various places. The girls are actually holding a brochure that is advertising the events, nothing to do with Homepin. This same picture was taken at EVERY booth at the event with the girls holding the same brochure advertising the organisers.

The organisers paid a photographer to go to EVERY booth and take pictures for their own promotional use at some point in the future.

I have no problem with pretty girls adding some sparkle to the event. Seems some here do but that's their own mental problem.

The people whinging about this are obviously the same ones who complained about F1 girls as well - pity we can't have nice things in this new woke world!

I don't think it is John. No-one has ever suggested Mike bought those girl in, only that it was random and weird. The fact that he chose to use those pictures for his reveal, rather than on brand, pre vetted photos taken by someone on the HP payroll, speaks volumes. As does this 'rebuttal' that focuses on wokism, rather than the unlistable amount of other concerns people have had with this release.

I think that’s a bit harsh to be honest. If you are at a trade show and say it’s sponsored by Barclay’s Bank I wouldn’t judge the stall holders on that.

Is that an official licensed photo from Homepin? Also was it intended for the US/UK market? There’s lots of cultural differences in the way things are promoted around the world. I’m not a fan of how Lizzo does her promotion but I’m not the intended audience.

The last two paragraph’s are pure Nigel Tufnel style comedy gold though.

I couldn't agree more John. Which is why I choose to judge this release based on the merits of the game (or lack thereof)

I have no problem with pretty girls adding some sparkle to the event. Seems some here do but that's their own mental problem.

The people whinging about this are obviously the same ones who complained about F1 girls as well - pity we can't have nice things in this new woke world!
Can I engage with this for a moment? @Homepin, if you go to The Pinball Office for a casual regular league event, you'll find the organiser (kudos to Claire) - and about a third of the people competing are female.

Although this is a heavily-male-dominated hobby, you don't control the flippers with a certain part of your body, so it's not a 'male' hobby. Thus, if you signal - to this audience here in the UK - that booth babes add 'sparkle', you're subtly signalling that a third of the regulars at The Pinball Office aren't the target audience for your pin. If they were, you'd have been better off having Regé-Jean Page unbuttoning a shirt next to your booth, but - of course - then you'd be telling some percentage of your straight male audience this perhaps wasn't the pin for them.

It's not that anyone's being 'woke' here. It's that you're doing some subtle marketing that you may not have intended when you could have focused on kickass official photos of the actual game!

Why is it wrong now that men like looking at pretty, scantily clad women. I do.

The day this stops and the desire for women fades is the day the human race ends. It really isn't rocket science.

Why is it wrong now that men like looking at pretty, scantily clad women. I do.

The day this stops and the desire for women fades is the day the human race ends. It really isn't rocket science.

It's not wrong to like looking, but purposely sexualising them like they're objects is the issue.

It's not wrong to like looking, but purposely sexualising them like they're objects is the issue.
Yeah, basically. Booth babes in french maids costume only sell your game if your entire audience is male and horny.

My main thought, looking at those women, is “boy, they look bored” and “I wonder if these were students hoping to make a quick buck.” Having worked at a PR agency where me, and other staffers, got wheeled out to look nice in the hope of scoring business with some [insert derogatory description of your choice] of a male tech client who fancied his chances, my main reaction is “yuck.” Because, yes, this is how attractive women feel doing these jobs - utter contempt for the men. It’s especially cringe when they try flirting (badly) and you have to pretend to be sweet, girly, kind and accommodating to them :rolleyes:

Also, it tells me nothing about the pin.

From a marketing point of view, it looks like @Homepin explicitly wants to appeal to straight male players. There’s no reason to focus exclusively on this demographic, especially as a boutique company, when he could simply sell the pin based on - well - the Blues Brothers theme and the gameplay.

It’s worth mentioning no one has complained about the JJP ads that feature beautiful women playing pinball. This is because there are, in fact, attractive young women who play pinball. It’s the same reason most women like Lara Croft as a video game character. She’s an attractive, capable woman wearing practical clothing who explores tombs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom