What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally invaders voltages

The coin door is off it but still connected .would that make any difference
I’m just getting the lights and scores .nothing else

Pull the white switch out and then turn it on.

Turn the display voltage pot up ,they may be a lack of voltage getting to the display.
Sound board and driver board fully connected up ?
Have you added any credits to start a game ?

try pushing the self test button on the altek,and see if it enters test mode and the playfield lights start to flash,also might be worth checking the jumpers on the altek to check they are set for bally and not stern

The self test does take it through the numbers ,11111 , 22222 etc but lights not flashing or no solenoids going

How would I go about checking the jumpers please

Where about is the voltage for the scores please ?

Sound board and driver fully connected but I haven’t changed any connectors other than the one going to the altek

No white button on the coin door that is see or machine

do you have any playfield illumination at all?,if so have you checked the solenoid fuse under the playfield itself(it's not on the rectifier board),I would unplug and reseat every connector on each board then power up again,the jumper information is in the manual in the link I quoted earlier,you need to keep pressing self test to cycle through the test sequence

Last edited:
As above ..
As that Altek board is a earlier type..here is a pic off mine pointing at it with a screw driverIMG_20180827_154355223.jpgIMG_20180827_154355223.jpg
And the display pot IMG_20180827_154735309_LL.jpg
If working voltage will go up when turn up or down when turn down .

Is it the fuse near the flippers u mean ? As it’s actually missing as iv just realised
I’m get bulbs lit just on playfield and back box ,not going through any sequence
I’ll have a look for the voltage there thanks

Playfield lights stay like this

Attachments

• 6D89AEF2-6C72-4530-9F56-E4D48CA7E9CD.jpeg
    6D89AEF2-6C72-4530-9F56-E4D48CA7E9CD.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 13
if the fuse is missing,no solenoids will work,so that could be your problem,it's a 1 amp fuse,but I dare say you could use a slightly higher one just to test it,but I wouldn't advise leaving a higher amp one in there long term

Great stuff ,I had put a lower ampage in it and it blew it straight away .so I will try a higher one later and see how it goes for a very short while

if the fuse keeps blowing you have a short in your wiring somewhere

Yes right again ,I had some solenoid movement with a bigger fuse ,but that coil in picture was getting hot and smokey within seconds . So good progress I’d say :)

Attachments

• 157E403F-187E-475D-822E-E885AE28BBBB.jpeg
    157E403F-187E-475D-822E-E885AE28BBBB.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 22
Best disconnect that coil if its locking on.

You have checked all coils for free movement, or striped down and cleaned ?
Just that a plunger stuck in a coil will also burn out a coil ,take out a Tip 102 /Tip 122 ,diode on the driver board !

I notice that cabinet has been rather damp at some point judging by the stains in the bottom and the amount of rust i can see?

I had hadn’t checked them all to see if they were free but I have now
Two of the flippers were seized ,that was the only stuff I had sorted
I’ve snipped that wire now ,fuse isn’t blowing
A few solenoids moved and flippers are firing now when buttons pressed
Yes it was stored for years in a barn or something ,I don’t think it got wet but certainly wasn’t ideal
It’s lucky yous guys know what your doing :)

I had hadn’t checked them all to see if they were free but I have now
Two of the flippers were seized ,that was the only stuff I had sorted
I’ve snipped that wire now ,fuse isn’t blowing
A few solenoids moved and flippers are firing now when buttons pressed
Yes it was stored for years in a barn or something ,I don’t think it got wet but certainly wasn’t ideal
It’s lucky yous guys know what your doing :)

Wow the rotten old girl is working without sound !
That’s made me happy ?
Anyone know the value of the fuses ,as there are a few dodgy looking ones in there

Self test 18 in the credit window and press start button so 03 in the match window

Lightly tickle male pins with sandpaper and check for dry solder joints ,and reflow joints .

the pot to control the sound is on the sound board itself,unlike later bally's that had a pot inside the coin door,try adjusting it with a screw driver,as they can get dirty and be temperamental

So I’ve got some noise now
The connector with the two wires going to sound board was the problem
One of the chips on the sound board looks to be melted !?
Would this be able to be piggy backed or a new sound board ?

Back
Top Bottom