What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcade Club, Haslingden

The question is... had someone already beaten the stage 4 boss (the bouncing blue balls one). If they did no balls next time round.

Bit of a buglet but my god is that boss nails.

a bit of a Bubble Bobble fiend

Seriously love that game. The theme tune is burnt into my brain, as was the POWER UP cheat.

To reaffirm my masculinity i also ruled on SF2/champ/Turbo, MK1/2 and KI.

Was s-h-i-t at Wardner though.

Arcade club sounds good!

Seriously love that game. The theme tune is burnt into my brain, as was the POWER UP cheat.

Arcade club sounds good!
So are you going Paul ?

69? Where'd I get 150 from? Maybe 1hr 50m drive.

Ruled 20yrs ago! Although some say it's like riding a bike...

I will come when the time is right.

Arcade club sounds good!
Where did you rule? ;)

Time flys ladies and gents, it's tomorrow!

Revenge From Mars Star Trek The Next Generation Scared Stiff Judge Dredd
Twilight Zone Adams Family Metallica - Master Of Puppets White Water Class of 1812

IMG_20141025_204415 (Medium).jpg IMG_20141025_204435 (Medium).jpg

May I suggest the volume on 1812 is turned way up so we can all enjoy the wonder of the Chicken Overture :)

Arrrgh the f**ckiong chicken song. I'm going to pull the sound board out of that one tomorrow :rofl:
Don't you DARE sunshine! I shall hold the balls by the flippers just to annoy you with it ;)

Last edited:
Very good first evening, not too busy and not too quiet, good to see several from here there too. Roll on next week!

Top night out apart from the 'brighter than the surface of the sun' metallica. I couldn't bring myself to have a game, it was savage.

Top night out apart from the 'brighter than the surface of the sun' metallica. I couldn't bring myself to have a game, it was savage.

That's all Stern games since they made them LED only, and also removed brightness control from the software.

Sunglasses are advised.

That said, Metallica is certainly not that bad at all, Star Trek is way worse with it's eye-ball melting flashers

Thanks everyone who made it today!

It was a really good day, with a good turnout of forum members (ant least 6 + me from this forum)

I look forward to making this a regular thing!

I've got a load of pictures to upload later, but for starters, here is a video I made from tonight

Remember, this is a commercial venture, use it or lose it! This is, as far as I am aware, the only pinball/arcade club anywhere in the north of England. All we have to do is support Andy, and make regular use of the venue :thumbs:

Looks great, bigger than I expected. Look forward to visiting it soon.

Reactions: u72
this is a commercial venture

Looks fantastic, what's the format? Pay on entry once? Pay per hour? Pay to join and use it as you like? Pay to play with cash or tokens? Any idea what his projected costs are (rent, electricity etc) and what his projected income could be if properly supported?

These things used to be five in every big city, one or two in every town. None anywhere now so I imagine this will be very popular. I'd be happy to find one such place in the whole of London but it doesn't exist - this is the best in the UK I expect.

Kudos

It's £10 for the evening. Everything is on free play and you get a couple of soft drinks as well. :)

I'll be there again, even thought I drove down from Newcastle. £10 in including a cup of coffee and a twix.

Only thing they could add would be a 'lurk area' so people could chill out.

Reactions: u72
Looks fantastic, what's the format? Pay on entry once? Pay per hour? Pay to join and use it as you like? Pay to play with cash or tokens? Any idea what his projected costs are (rent, electricity etc) and what his projected income could be if properly supported?

These things used to be five in every big city, one or two in every town. None anywhere now so I imagine this will be very popular. I'd be happy to find one such place in the whole of London but it doesn't exist - this is the best in the UK I expect.

Kudos

The site is here :-

http://www.arcade-club.com/

It's ten quid on the door and play as much as you want for the evening.

I think it works out very good value for money this way, as at £1 / £2 per play, as pins often are, you could easily spend £40+ in an evening. I was playing 4 player games with the other forum members and I easily got 15-20 games in and I was taking my time.

The costs/income are not relevant to us, it's Andy's business, needless to say, he has spent thousands on a really nice lineup of pins, so it'll be a long time before he see's any profit. The machines are all going to be properly maintained unlike machines you see in arcades, so I hope any who lives in the area can support this venture! I personally will be going as often as I can, the first night was really good, with a great atmosphere :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom