What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Another Addams Restoration

TAF was the first real PF swap i did.... Tehcnically the second since Wh20 was started after, however got Finished first.
Scott's pictures bring back so many memories.... :D

I'm a qualified electronic engineer, however i remember the panic half way through when i just looked at the looms (Which had just come out the Dishwasher), the masive array of parts strewen everywhere... and remember thinking to myself... 1. Is this ever going to actually make it and 2. i'm going to be missing SO many pieces (I moved twice between the start and finish of TAF!!)...

As luck would have it, i was only missing a couple of standard obtainable items, and when i stuck the PF back in and fired her up... nothing popped, nothing smelt... It just worked... (ok yes adjustment of a few rollovers, however thats to be expected.

Make no bones though... I could have done 3x Wh2o's in the time it took to do TAF!

Last edited:
Don't know if you planned that anyway but I'd install it in the cab next and populate the top there. Much easier imho and half the weight in installation :).

Don't know if you planned that anyway but I'd install it in the cab next and populate the top there. Much easier imho and half the weight in installation :).
Err it's in the cab mate as per the above pictures. 🙂

Honestly I'm not a fan of these CPR playfields the clear isn't great but it'll do. The hole situation is dire. So many times today I had to trace out far too many holes. From the apron clips/brackets to post holes and lane guides/ball guides.

I'm pretty exhausted.

New hinges on

PXL_20221021_090937170.jpg

No bloody holes!

IMG-20221021-WA0150.jpeg

It's meant to fit this piece

IMG-20221021-WA0139.jpeg

Lots of pictures of posts and metals

IMG-20221021-WA0135.jpeg

IMG-20221021-WA0141.jpeg

IMG-20221021-WA0144.jpeg

PXL_20221021_171350858.jpg

Err it's in the cab mate as per the above pictures. 🙂
Why do you have to be sarcastic when people are just giving you correct advice
The guy is correct much easier to fit a populated playfield than do what your doing wait till you try fitting the plastic s round the hand box
No new playfield s are never perfect cpr is your best option by miles you could always fit a mirco one and then compare the difference

Why do you have to be sarcastic when people are just giving you correct advice
The guy is correct much easier to fit a populated playfield than do what your doing wait till you try fitting the plastic s round the hand box
No new playfield s are never perfect cpr is your best option by miles you could always fit a mirco one and then compare the difference
It wasn't being sarcastic, it was literally in the post above?

Why are you being hostile?

Also Chris he suggested to put in the cab first and then populate which is what I did and regret as it was bloody difficult as you can't pull it out on a tilt.

I am not being hostile and yes he said the same as you but in my opinion much easier to fit a complete playfield in but that’s only my opinion what do I know

I am not being hostile and yes he said the same as you but in my opinion much easier to fit a complete playfield in but that’s only my opinion what do I know
I didn't disagree Chris.. I don't have rotisserie however so a full playfield pop wouldn't have been possible as the playfield parts wouldn't have sat on the saw bench when flipped over.

Many thanks to @Ant-H as always for the help and support. Connected back harnesses as advised bit by bit. No issues.

Everything appears to be working first time, all switches, lamps and coils with no shorts!

One thing was funny though I positioned the yellow pop bumper switch under orange and orange under yellow >< easy enough to fix and will resolve tomorrow.

Couple of lamps are out too but that should just need some minor adjustments.

PXL_20221024_210844078.jpg

PXL_20221024_211021512.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Job Scott.. and pretty blooming quickly too!! :)
Thanks Paul,

Definitely harder than Scared Stiff to do, but only down to the poor pivot system and poor design choices in my opinion.

I mean take the top right flipper. You can only tighten it underneath by removing the subway and to get access to a screw by the subway you need to remove the thing box...

Won't be doing another Addams any time soon thats for sure!

Last edited:
I mean take the top right flipper.

High Speed was a little like that. A location said the upper flipper was poor, and I began by considering the (high-current) End of Stroke switch. It's inaccessible due to the placement of the flipper, against the edge of the playfield, and AIR it doesn't show above the top edge of cabinet when the playfield's pivoted (which was introduced on High Speed, as an aid to service work). I thought I'd have to take the whole thing off the playfield*, but once I detached the coil I saw that it had a brass sleeve fitted. Simply using a nylon one instead resolved it.

* the flipper bracket at the time still had the mounting for the switch spot-welded in place, rather than being attached with two hex bolts. It wasn't even the taller mounting spur, allowing the attachment of a capacitor.

Last edited:
So it's just the cliffys and one flasher cap to sort. I held off as long as I could but nearly 3 months later no cliffys in sight. Will add them later.

Marking this one as complete.

Special thanks goes to @Ant-H for the welding, support and guidance

@jagman for the countersunk work on the cab and backbox as well as corner rebuilds.

@Ragnar1057 for the super slim thing lamp board mod and general help and support.

@David retro for all the last minute.com orders I did with super speedy response and delivery.

And finally many thanks to @DanLewell for selling/trading with me in the first place!

PXL_20221026_184404611.jpg

PXL_20221026_184406747.jpg

PXL_20221026_190745231.jpg

PXL_20221026_190750602.jpg

PXL_20221026_115907755.jpg

PXL_20221026_115912830.jpg

PXL_20221026_195249833.jpg

PXL_20221026_195245832.jpg

PXL_20221026_225951785.jpg

Back
Top Bottom