What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I agree, art blades for this title.
Quite a few Godzilla’s coming on and seemingly not moving over the last month or so, was thinking about possibly moving my prem on in a few months time but really not sure what it would actually go for at present, as mentioned previously there’s so many out there and pretty much everyone who wanted one has got one, so until they stop production which is probably 3 years away , feels like weirdly it’s currently a bit of a victim of its massive success for 2nd hand market values, where games that were not highly sought after originally, stranger things and probably venom in a year or so will probably hold up better…maybe a slight consideration for some when the next elwin mega hit is announced!

Yes mine is here but can’t fit it until little fellas back to school and we away for the next 4 days on a last min holiday before he goes back.
What I can say is The detail is incredible on this thing and will compliment his Sign beautifully.
I will doing a simple install Video soon.

Quite a few Godzilla’s coming on and seemingly not moving over the last month or so, was thinking about possibly moving my prem on in a few months time but really not sure what it would actually go for at present, as mentioned previously there’s so many out there and pretty much everyone who wanted one has got one, so until they stop production which is probably 3 years away , feels like weirdly it’s currently a bit of a victim of its massive success for 2nd hand market values, where games that were not highly sought after originally, stranger things and probably venom in a year or so will probably hold up better…maybe a slight consideration for some when the next elwin mega hit is announced!
I’m curious as to why there are so many coming up for sale. It’s a game I’ve not owned yet, maybe it’s just too good 🧐

I’m curious as to why there are so many coming up for sale. It’s a game I’ve not owned yet, maybe it’s just too good 🧐
It's a great game if you like these modern Sterns - arguably one of the best. Great shots that aren't too hard (although that scoop can be annoying), funny animations and callouts, good music, great rules, fantastic artwork. It's got it all really.

Any game gets old after a while and people want to make space for something fresh. GZ sold in boatloads (literally) so I would expect plenty to come onto the 2nd hand market.

IMHO they spoilt the game by making it pi55 easy to get to planet X. it’s taken the challenge out of the game.

I usually play it the Original way - ie visit all cities before X (although i never get much beyond 2nd city, cos i’m not good enough).

It’s still a great game. mine won’t be leaving for a long time. I’m still convinced it’s likely to be a future classic, like addams - lots made but will eventually command a premium price over the run of the mill stern fodder.

IMHO they spoilt the game by making it pi55 easy to get to planet X. it’s taken the challenge out of the game.

I usually play it the Original way - ie visit all cities before X (although i never get much beyond 2nd city, cos i’m not good enough).

It’s still a great game. mine won’t be leaving for a long time. I’m still convinced it’s likely to be a future classic, like addams - lots made but will eventually command a premium price over the run of the mill stern fodder.
Is it that easy? I’ve never got to planet X after over a thousand games 😢.

Planning on trading my pro soon for another Elwin, but would consider buying a premium in the future, its so good but I’ve played it to death it’s time for something different. Wasn’t GZ a huge seller hence why so many for sale atm?

I remember same thing with AC/DC, loads for sale a couple of years after it was new but there’s not so many now?

Got to Planet X for the first time today. I love how accessible the machine is even for those players that arnt the best. Put a score of 1.5b which is by far my best yet.

Can't speak as to why others are selling, but mine was in the first load over. So having owned it for 18 months I'd seen everything needed to be seen. Plus 2 nearest friends both have one so I can always get my fix.

With so many sold NIB, I wanted to make sure I was near the first batch to be sold. Saying that it was still a couple of months before it moved, but that's probably down to the trolling on my FS thread.

It is without doubt one of the best, if not THE best machine of all time. The combination of layout of shots, humour, ease of getting to the mini wizard modes, challenge of getting to the later wizard modes all make it fantastic.

Everyone should own one at some point.

Have to say playing tna is really helping me play / control and aim better now. Managed to get 2 monsters and 900m today ( highest score ) by focussing and maintaining my dialled in shots - also got saucer multi ball first time too - took a moment to understand why everything died and drained prior to it starting - ( i was a little excited by it )
Plus understanding more how to nudge is a massive bonus

Noodle bar inbound - was 2 minded as beginning to feel it’s modded out now ?

Certainly one of the best games made and has some incredibly rewarding shots. I think it's Elwins best game because it's forgiving enough at the start to keep new players interested.

There is a shallow and obvious rule-set for newbies but scratch beneath the surface and there is a lot of depth to the game. I think Elwin pitched it perfectly.

Mine's going because ultimately I don't play it due to the long games. But it is a cracker.

Can't speak as to why others are selling, but mine was in the first load over. So having owned it for 18 months I'd seen everything needed to be seen. Plus 2 nearest friends both have one so I can always get my fix.

With so many sold NIB, I wanted to make sure I was near the first batch to be sold. Saying that it was still a couple of months before it moved, but that's probably down to the trolling on my FS thread.

It is without doubt one of the best, if not THE best machine of all time. The combination of layout of shots, humour, ease of getting to the mini wizard modes, challenge of getting to the later wizard modes all make it fantastic.

Everyone should own one at some point.
Thanks for the reply - I think a Premium will be part of my future, it’s just a matter of when. I’m still not bored of Metallica though, nor Fish Tales, so it could be a while! Mentally struggling with the ~£10k entry fee (on all newer Premium games now, not just this one), it’s just insane, but that’s another thread 🙃

There’s lots of games on sale generally at the moment. I suspect part of the problem though is there are only so many people who would be willing to drop 10k on a game.
At 7k I’d be up for a premium. At 10k I’m out.
Because so many sold I’m guessing most people who would be willing to go that high already have one.

Cleaned, waxed, bridge catching issue sorted, heated up mecha’s arm on the right and lifted it up a tad to stop the ball catching behind him on occasion. Neil’s invisiglass is such a tight fit it’s difficult to slide out and remove the ball when it’s stuck so he got some of my heat ray.
@stumblor noodle bar installed

Ball was stopping behind the building on a slow pass - cleaning has fixed that

I gave the wireforms a once over with the novus and the ramps a good scrubbing too

Nailing the left ramp way more now

Man it’s become fast…

Attachments

• 71641640086__BA0898A3-D09D-4A90-A2DF-A8CC1C5DDE81.jpeg
    71641640086__BA0898A3-D09D-4A90-A2DF-A8CC1C5DDE81.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 23
Slowly finding time to continue pimping my GZ with some of @Colywobbles plastics. Still need to do the bridge (looks like the whole mech needs to come off) and the turntable (will need to cut down the spacers, or source longer screws). Anyway I'm looking forward to playing it later tonight when it's dark :)

PXL_20230920_141848963.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230920_163347333.jpg
    PXL_20230920_163347333.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 16
Slowly finding time to continue pimping my GZ with some of @Colywobbles plastics. Still need to do the bridge (looks like the whole mech needs to come off) and the turntable (will need to cut down the spacers, or source longer screws). Anyway I'm looking forward to playing it later tonight when it's dark :)

View attachment 232353
I just took 2mm of the spacers job done 👍

View attachment 232353
if it’s the plastic under the bridge that gets broken by the ball you do not have to remove the bridge -

I removed my original chucked it in the cash box and just put the Blue Flo one in its place.
If you manage to break mine I’ll replace FOC
Like all my protectors.

After all it’s the river under the bridge 😝

IMG_8706.jpeg

2nd of 2 games and can’t decide to be over the moon or completely crushed by my score ?!?
I did get monster zero 3 balls on the roof for the first time, but after that it got confusing as it just wanted me to aim for the yellow arrows and that’s where it all ended…

Attachments

• IMG_4319.jpeg
    IMG_4319.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 13
2nd of 2 games and can’t decide to be over the moon or completely crushed by my score ?!?
I did get monster zero 3 balls on the roof for the first time, but after that it got confusing as it just wanted me to aim for the yellow arrows and that’s where it all ended…
I got my best score yesterday. It would have been higher but the ball got stuck returning to the left flipper (Col's plastic protector makes the gap for the ball to drop down a little narrower) so had to take the glass off to free it and it drained.

For a Pro it's got a ton of shots and plenty to do. Very happy with it and I can see why it is so highly rated.

Screenshot_20231002-222813_kindlephoto-101048839.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom