What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
@Kelsbells - Great to see they are all finally fitted. Looks great. I’m liking those speaker lights - 👍 Did you go with pop bumper lights and the back breath from @stumblor too?

Joining you with the mods - Those pinballs @Gonzo recommended are working well, give a nice reflection as they move around the playfield

Would love some invisiglass but it doesn’t seem to exist ??

Attachments

• IMG_3055.jpeg
    IMG_3055.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 16
@Kelsbells - Great to see they are all finally fitted. Looks great. I’m liking those speaker lights - 👍 Did you go with pop bumper lights and the back breath from @stumblor too?

Joining you with the mods - Those pinballs @Gonzo recommended are working well, give a nice reflection as they move around the playfield

Would love some invisiglass but it doesn’t seem to exist ??
Hi Rob went for the spinner to light the back box breath and the magnet for atomic Godzilla. Martin did suggest invisiglass but as you say not sure where to get it from

Considering Godzilla as my next game. Premium is obviously thought of as the better game, but I'm struggling to get my head around paying an extra £3k+ for a moving building, bridge mech and spinning ramp. That's enough for another pin!

How does the pro compare? It's got the same layout and the captive magnet etc

Considering Godzilla as my next game. Premium is obviously thought of as the better game, but I'm struggling to get my head around paying an extra £3k+ for a moving building, bridge mech and spinning ramp. That's enough for another pin!

It's personal choice. The Prem will always trade 2nd hand for more than a pro. Will it be £3k more? Who knows, could be less, could be more. Probably less in the near term and more long term.

Did the lack of toys bother you in IMDN? If not then you’ll be happy with gz pro I think. I’ve got the pro and I don’t miss having the toys, don’t get me wrong I think they’re cool but the game is still fantastic without. If you felt maiden lacked some mechs then probably gz prem is for you.

You could get a used pro, if you love it upgrade to prem? Or decide it’s not missing much anyway.

Main difference between the Prem and Pro

Are that the building in the centre lowers for a physical lock (and can change the feed back from a ramp shot to the same flipper).

The left ramp on the Prem 'collapses' when you start bridge multiball rather than feeding back to the flipper.

The spinner on the right in the Prem can rotate to allow a shot to the MechGodzilla, as opposed to it being fixed on the Pro. This makes MechGodzilla MB easier to get.

Other than that it's pretty much standard for Stern Prem models as opposed to flat Pro plastics - although they can all be replaced with numerous mods of differing value.

Despite the differences I've never felt I was missing out hugely on any of Elwin's Pros (IMdn, JP2, AIQ or GZ) and I've owned them all.

I do know of a Pro for sale 🤔

Attachments

• Godzilla-Pinball-Feature-Matrix-3kjhasdf.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 6

What are your plans for the pin? Do you see it being a temporary resident until you've seen most of the modes? Or do you expect it to stay around? We've just got a JP2 Prem after I played it on location for literally hours in central London (Funland). We've also played the Pro and it's pretty similar gameplay-wise, but the dinosaur adds drama. Same with the GZ Prem building and mecha-godzilla spinner. You don't need it to enjoy the game, but it adds drama. If you're going to be keeping the pin for a while, that drama might be worth 20p a game (or whatever), and you don't need to upgrade from the Pro - with the associated costs of sales and shipping.

So been looking at my discarded Godzilla Model after the install of Atomic Zilla.
Seeing the bad press on the topper I figured i’d make my own ( sorta )

Quick chat with @stumblor and some electronics supplied - Bit of led channel, some black paint.

Still not affixed as playing with positions and need to fine tune the wiring - it just works in toe with the back breath, imo it highlights it more and allows you to see it with your peripheral vision so you don’t need to keep looking up to enjoy the breath flares

I’m gonna call him Seiko-Zilla

Attachments

• IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3127.jpeg
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 44C4D647-183A-4926-A291-CE1852637D80.mov
    4.2 MB
Just picked up a prem in stock condition. Any must dos? Coil stops of course, think there was something about the bridge plastic self destructing if not protected... ? Any tips gratefully received :)

Just picked up a prem in stock condition. Any must dos? Coil stops of course, think there was something about the bridge plastic self destructing if not protected... ? Any tips gratefully received :)

I'd check if the bridge is catching mate. Mine was fine so perhaps not all require a tweak

Remove the original stick it in the coin box and stick one of my blue replacement plastics on.

Shown here with the extended canopy in Flo Green.

Attachments

• IMG_8707.jpeg
    IMG_8707.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8704.jpeg
    IMG_8704.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 54
Absolutely.

Foo is the worst yet for me. . . . One of the stops fell off completely less than 2 days after delivery.

Never had a problem with Elvira or Deadpool to be fair.
FFS 😤. I can see threads on Pinside created 3 and 4 years ago called 'Stern's Coil Stops are Worthless ' and 'Stern - please stop using bad coil stops' so they obviously don't care if it's still happening.

Where are people buying their replacements from, and are they any better than Sterns?

Absolutely.

Foo is the worst yet for me. . . . One of the stops fell off completely less than 2 days after delivery.

So a coil stop falls off, may seem a minor thing but.. why.. has it fell off ? Over torqued at factory into playfield and stripped, ? Or not torqued enough and left loose. Signs that lack of QC checks either way.

So if pinparts.co.uk can sell them for £4.75, Stern must be able to get them much cheaper buying in bulk, yet they still cheap out 😔. Cheap ass sons of bitches!!!

Funnily enough, mine just hadn't been screwed on properly and the coil actually came off mid-game. I put it in my first foo fighters video.

Probably about 3 weeks later, the right flipper action became really floppy (for want of a better term). I assumed the two bolts were coming loose but it was actually the cylinder bit at the end of the stop. It had separated from the plate itself, it was still attached but really wobbly.

To be honest it was the last in a line of glitches with Stern games. I've never had a reply from Stern on any of the issues either.

Last edited:
To be fair with Stern, it's nothing that isn't fixable. It's mostly cost cutting on cheap parts but the games are good and the software is reliable. If you've got a socket set and access to replacement parts, it's easy to get the machine working well. Foo Fighters is playing beautifully now and it's a cracking game which has really grown on me.

They just scrimp on things like coil stops, balls, plastics, coils and general factory quality control. . . . .I own 4 Sterns and I think I've had 6 NIB . . . everyone can make mistakes but using cheap parts when you're aware of an issue and not answering emails is unacceptable.

in the end it just gets on my t1t$, so I'll be getting Pulp and Lebowski next.

Absolutely.

Yes you did - Elvira, but I fixed em whilst you made me a sarnie 😂

Art blades for GZ also, works great on this one.

Tend to keep mirrors for the older bally/williams stuff mostly although i did use em for star trek (stern) which is super well lit anyway but just work really well there.

Back
Top Bottom