What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Elton John Hype Train.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I’d give up PF. GnR and Elton John would look fantastic alongside each other!

Polar opposite genres, both fantastic song writers. The BOM and assets on both these titles is pretty spectacular!

Genuinely don't know why JJP don't tone down some of the bling so they can price games in line with Stern and sell loads more?

EJ does look very good indeed but soooo expensive I 'd imagine it will be out of reach for most.
They did used to make an entry level version that was cheaper but it never sold well so they give it up

That's the thing with all these new machines being released. NIB buyers over here are still waiting on games they ordered which were announced months ago. There's not many people in the UK can buy NIB. They just keep going up and up and something has to give.

Cactus Canyon
Pulp Fiction
Venom
Stranger Things
Scooby Doo
TBL

and now Elvira, Labyrinth and Elton

Pauline likes the look of Elton but there is no way I can buy 2 NIB. I'm saving hard for Pulp Fiction but I only ordered that as I knew I'd have time to save for it. She said she'd prefer Elton to GnR. Can't let that go though.
That’s a great point phil
I have ordered 3 of the top ones
Scooby on way and paid for
Venom and ccr still waiting on
I have a gf paid for and waiting for
I do also fancy a ej but if every thing turns up at once it would be a bit of à financial push

Everyone should have known this was going to come late, the only company that is on time 9 times out of 10 is Stern and that’s because they design from a template and recycle the same old stuff.

That’s a great point phil
I have ordered 3 of the top ones
Scooby on way and paid for
Venom and ccr still waiting on
I have a gf paid for and waiting for
I do also fancy a ej but if every thing turns up at once it would be a bit of à financial push

I forgot about Godfather! I'll add it to my list....

Stern tend to use the same assemblies so buy in huge bulk. My guess is it’s parts that are the biggest headache for many manufacturers and the costs of the boards. Possibly waiting for prices to come down..

So the big question is what arrives 1st Elton or PF.
Going on past form from CGC and the 2yr wait on CCr I wouldn’t hold my breath unless they have an ace up their sleeve.
Seems to me if you have the PF money sitting in the bank earning a pittance may as well grab Elton and by time PF finally arrives you probs saved enough for Pulp or move on Elton to pay for it.
Crazy hobby shelling out thousands and having to wait so long. Imagine car dealerships doing this and they wouldn’t sell a car ever due to the next new model announcement.
Pinheads are defo a mad bunch me included

Personally I wouldn't buy a NIB unless it was in stock.

So many people have lost thousands over the years on failures like Predator (Skit B ??), or JPop and still amazed that people send off money into the ether on the hope of getting a day one day, maybe years down the line.

As Col says, pinheads are a crazy bunch.

So the big question is what arrives 1st Elton or PF.
Going on past form from CGC and the 2yr wait on CCr I wouldn’t hold my breath unless they have an ace up their sleeve.

CGC would have run UK CCR last year & JJP haven't delivered TGF to the UK market yet however few may have been ordered ?

1698145555846.png

I stumbled upon page 1 of this thread from January 2022 where Neil called it, some pretty amusing comments posted back then in hindsight.

I'm sure user @PFT would agree if he weren't also banned.

A few of us knew but kept our gobs shut. As Neil found out when he suffered the wrath of Stevie Richie who nearly twatted him.

A few of us knew but kept our gobs shut. As Neil found out when he suffered the wrath of Stevie Richie who nearly twatted him.

I've just realised that we all knew Toy Story 4, Godfather and EJ were coming - although not in that order - but I don't think I've seen any rumours re what JJP have coming next.

Back
Top Bottom